Feminized Blue Dream

So I was at my brothers today and he gave me some Royal Kush seeds... I was going to clone the Blue Dream but was advised that cloning a feminized plant was a bad idea. Any feedback on this?
So I am germinating these Royal Kush seeds now. Looks like my journal is going to be a double! These are not feminized seeds so good cloning stock!

So after some closer inspection I found that my new seeds are Royal Kush F3's. After a little research I found that the F3 has to do with selective inbreeding to stabilize the strain. From what I understand then is that the origial strains, skunk #1 x afghani= Royal Kush. So that would be F1. So F2 would be selective inbreeding of the original offspring, and so on. The goal to eliminate variations from plant to plant of the same seed stock. So at F3 it should be pretty stable with set genetics. F4 being most stable, but f3 not to shabby! Hoping for good stuff here! Any input or opinions greatly appreciated!

So I was at my brothers today and he gave me some Royal Kush seeds... I was going to clone the Blue Dream but was advised that cloning a feminized plant was a bad idea. Any feedback on this?
So I am germinating these Royal Kush seeds now. Looks like my journal is going to be a double! These are not feminized seeds so good cloning stock!

Hmm. While in no way do I 'know' the answer to your question, I have done a TON of reading, and I don't think I've come across anything suggesting that clones from fem. seeds are in any way inferior to clones of regular seeds.

Did he say why he thought it was a bad idea?

I'll poke around and ask a few questions to see if I can't find out any more. :)

CAM01165.jpg

CAM01163.jpg

Just a couple pics.

I am using a 4 bulb T5. Just bought another one today. Thanks for viewing guys!! I had really good results with my 4 bulb t5 all through veg with my last grow.
CAM006701.jpg

Keep it up. I am thinking of vegging under two T 5's when summer comes. I have a feeling my HID 400W will be to hot. You guys think that two 2 foot 4 bulb T5's would be less heat then a vented 400 HID MH?

I used a 4ft 4bulb for 7 plants on my first grow. I could put the light very close to the plants. Never had a heat issue at all. I have 2 4f 4bulb t5s now. But im using 1 for veg and the other for some sprouts. When I build my room i will be using both for veg. And 2 600w HPS in 8in saturn hoods for flower. I cant say enough about t5s.

Back
Top Bottom