Feminized Seeds: Increased Workload?

HighWaterMark

I'm quite familiar with regular seed and dispensing with the males. No sweat. I have no experience with feminized seed. With the increased incidence of hermaphrodites in stressed (feminized) seed, aren't I committed to examining the development of every node and every undifferentiated primordia up and down every plant's primary stem throughout the flowering cycle? In order to ID and remove every plant with the potential to pollinate, it appears to me that using feminized seed increases one's workload dramatically. Am I mistaken?

I realize that regular seed has the potential to express hermaphroditic phenotypes, but not to the degree that feminized seed does. I know that the incidence is decreasing year by year, but it is still much greater than regular, non-feminized seed. Or am I wrong?

Thanks for reading.

real feminized seed should be 99% or better straight up female. If you have good seed you should have full females

I have used feminized seeds since they came out with all female results. The most i got was a few seeds late into flowering, but no nanners. I know a lot of people don't like feminized seeds and think it's is ruining the gene pool. If your going for seed to weed with no mother plant, then it can work out good for you.

Back
Top Bottom