Feminized seeds possible male?

snicrep

1st grow. Doing real well in foxfarm, closet grow. Less than a month old. These are feminized, auto flowering called chocolate skunk. My concern is the siblings look very different. I fear the bushy one is male. The tall one is obviously flowering. I'm closely watching the other for signs of "balls". I'm hoping it's just developing at a different place. It'll be a shame to kill such a lush robust plant. Is it unusual for
feminized seeds go male?

Attachments

• IMG_20190212_184952.jpg
    IMG_20190212_184952.jpg
    584 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_20190212_184948.jpg
    IMG_20190212_184948.jpg
    744.2 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_20190212_184944.jpg
    IMG_20190212_184944.jpg
    624.5 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_20190212_184938.jpg
    IMG_20190212_184938.jpg
    586.4 KB · Views: 60
Just give it sometime. Definitely different phenos. Because of that flower time bud type and size will be different. Wait to be sure. Even preflowers can look different. Wait till you know for sure. Trim them off if you can. If it isn't bad that will work fine. If it becomes too much work to get them all off then you are going to have to kill it. At this point it could be male female or a hermie. In time it will show its true colors.

It is not unusual and that's because there are many variables lumped in there that can cause problems for your grow. It is also not uncommon to see one growing differently than another especially if it is a Hybrid. We strive to do the same to each (attention, water, nutrients) but as you can see for yourself.

Keep us posted and try not to let the worry consume you.

Although its hard to see. The one i was worried about ( the bushy one on the left) IS forming flowers. But its weird how different they are. Im wondering if i should consider topping the skinny one. Shes over a ft while her sister is prob just under.
Im getting high ph readings. Over 7 in that foxfarm soil. But they look healthy so i hate to mess with it. Were blessed with warm temps here. Its like 78-80 in the closet with 51% with the a\c running mostly.

Attachments

• 20190216_173722.jpg
    20190216_173722.jpg
    564.8 KB · Views: 49
I don't think I'd top my auto while it is flowering. Fox soil does have a high PH level, this is true indeed.

Just watch for deficiencies in the form of leaf color. Gratz~

Glad i held off. I almost did it. The leaves are a rich green on fatty. They're medium green on skinny, thin and slightly curled up on the edges. Btw i just germinated #3 &4 of the 5 seeds. Im waiting til march to place #5 outdoors in a secret location. Sort of an experiment.

Flowers abound. Both girls fer sure. Growing like crazy at the 5 wk mark. Im getting such satisfaction from this.

Attachments

• 20190219_205019.jpg
    20190219_205019.jpg
    813.3 KB · Views: 66
  • 20190219_205000.jpg
    20190219_205000.jpg
    806.5 KB · Views: 56
  • 20190219_204952_Burst01.jpg
    20190219_204952_Burst01.jpg
    787.7 KB · Views: 51
It does happen and environment that they grow in can be a slight influence in that as well. Different genetics can do different things. In my opinion Cali Connection seeds you never know what you're going to get. Could be male, female or even both or male/female/hermie all at the same time or something no one's ever seen before :rofl:. For that matter I wouldn't be surprised to see a tomato plant.
In all honesty though, it does happen from time to time. Just keep an eye on it.

Hey Crep, if you point your phone at the normal light then your plants it will at least hue them blue or you can turn off the grow lamps and take a picture or two that way eh? Blind me this early lol.

Cali Connection seeds you never know what you're going to get. Could be male, female or even both or male/female/hermie all at the same time or something no one's ever seen before :rofl:. For that matter I wouldn't be surprised to see a tomato plant.

That's pretty funny,, and true, but funny , very funny. I grew out a freebie from them once,,, was a three headed beast...

True, true
:ganjamon::nomo:

I agree about Cali Connection LOL. Thats California for you, A little of everything LMAO.

Their Tahoe Og has some of these problems but is worth a grow. It is by far their best work. At least as far as I will ever know. I have my own Tahoe now and won't buy any more of their genetics LMAO.

Cali Connection still falls behind Soma when it comes to hermies. Soma's Lavender that got grown out. Everything hermied even the male plants had hairs growing from it LMAO.

if you point your phone at the normal light then your plants it will at least hue them blue or you can turn off the grow lamps and take a picture or two that way eh? Blind me this early lol.
Thats what i do aswell or atleast focus it in the room with normal lighting first. Works alright :D

It's been a few years, but I never had a decent plant from 00 when I tried them. Very inconsistent, poor genetics IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom