Feminized Strawberry Cough: Grow #2

UntamedFox

Hey there my 420 friends! welcome to my 2nd grow journal, my previous journal: AfganxMazar + Bagseed is linked right there if you wanna see how the first one went. Basically, i ended up with some bud, not a lot. i still have it curing and so i haven't weighed it out. plus, i've been slowly smoking the little popcorn buds. each gives a decent high, but not very good. also, my last grow was in a small closet with a 3 month time limit. this grow will be in a much bigger closet with a 4 month time limit instead of 3 :cheer: I will also be using more seeds. i have begun to germinate them, one of which took off like a fucking bat out of hell, growing nearly 1-2 inches in the wet paper towel fold while the others are still just breaking out of their shells. i'll wait another day or so until the roots are a bit more extended.

The grow room will incorporate 2 "sunlight" 2 ft flouro tubes and a center "grow light" 2ft flouro tube. These will be hung to be within a few inches of the plants. later on, i have 4 150w equivalent CFLs to add to the light. If necessary, i will get more lamps. HPS is not an option as it is too expensive and too much heat. I am using the same type of soil, Miracle Grow potting mix, as it has shown great stable results not only in my experience but other grows i've seen. i will be using nutes later, but i'm no where near that mark yet. The grow room is 3ft wide x 21 in deep x 5 ft tall. much bigger than the 2ft x 2ft x 2.5ft of my last grow :bong: So wish me good luck, more pix will come as the seeds are planted and begin sprouting leaves:thanks:

I have some pix of my new closet for you in the meantime!
SANY02513.JPG

SANY0255.JPG

SANY02531.JPG

SANY02521.JPG

SANY02541.JPG

As the plants begin to grow, i will number them. Obviously, the super sprouter will be #1 and i am excited to see why it's so strong... lol :rollit: Wish me luck as i will still probably need some help growing. thanks!

thanks guys, and yes, they are alllll Feminized Strawberry Cough :)

thanks flyfishinrock,

I checked on the seedlings this morning after planting them yesterday. only two other seeds have begun to really sprout. the rest of the seeds lay mainly dormant in their shells. i'm thinking of germinating the last 3 feminized seeds. scratch that, i'm not thinking, i'm doing. haha. gotta love what you realize while typing up one of these entries. I want to have as many good healthy plants as i can. the one plant that sprouted and grew really really quickly is kicking ass right now, it's actually kinda weird.

Good start and good luck, I am also growing Strawberry Cough it is the strongest biggest and fastest growing out of the 5 strains I started. Mine are outdoors enjoying the sun. Good Luck again...

very nice sonzor.

So a bunch of the seeds i got aren't germinating well... i ended up having to toss 4 seeds :( which really sucks cuz i paid a good amount per seed. Live and learn. it will be nice knowing these are all female, but still, i would rather just use seeds from a good bag of weed. nurture beats nature it seems... i'll update once i have a final number of plants and they have all begun to grow.

good luck on your grow, that seedling looks healthy,, is nice to know your gonna have females,, sorry about the bad germination rates, but i would still not say that bagseed is better than buying proven genetics,, you will know that your seeds are females, the growing traits, the approx. flowering times, and yields,, with bagseed you don't really know whats gonna happen, except that your chances of hermie are alot higher,, ;) ,,

I like watching cfl grows like yours, as i was gonna do it,, but spent money on hps,, now i am wondering if i should of even bothered, by looking at some of the grows around here done with cfl's,,

thanks estranged!

HPS is great, intense light, i'm sure that the potential for bigger grows is higher. CFLs are nice tho, compact and low heat/energy consumption. i'm hoping that i can get at least 4 or so plants to actually grow out of the origional 10.

starting with 10 plants is how I did my WW grow, though I started with 12, and ended up with 8 fems!!!
best of luck to you on this grow, I saw that you have 'the bible' on the shelf so you'll be fine lol!!
excellent start, are you really gonna use some of my McGuyver techniques on this grow? That would be HAWT!

lol, i might use some of the McGuyver techniques u used. I'm thinking when they get big enough, i'll try a SCROG. as of right now, i only have two plants spouted and growing. the one plant is a fucking beast and growing very nicely, the other one is just taking off. i have 3 fem straw cough seeds germinating and 3 AxM seeds germinating. hopefully i can get a few plants out of those 6 seeds.... i hate how most of these seeds haven't been germinating successfully.

yea, i saw what you said in ur topic. i'll def use 2" holes for the SCRoG if I do it. not sure if i'll need to tho, i don't know how many plants are actually gonna germinate. i have the 6 seeds just as i said earlier today. hopefully they'll be up and ready to plant next week sometime. I was a little bored, watchin some tv and decided i owe you guys some pix. i know how boring it is to see nothing but text! so enough with the chatting, here ya go!

SANY0257.JPG

SANY02582.JPG

SANY02592.JPG

SANY02611.JPG

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom