Feminized Strawberry Cough: Grow #2

thanks for the advise ont he ozone purifier system, but i can't have anything putting in ozone where I live and breath. long term exposure to ozone is really really bad on your blood and body, causing oxidants to build up, causing cancer. i don't really trust it with my knowledge of chemistry. i like the idea of an air purifier, but where is one that would be effective and affordable? or will another plant offset the smell? i am totally willing to grow another, legal plant with my future plants. i'll keep the legal one out in the open and obviously hide these plants. are there any plants that cover the smell of ganga well?

Untamed fox another solution I think you can do to get rid of the smell is to get a carbon filter and get a fan (squirrel fan) and stick it on top of it and basically is would suck all the smell inside the filter. I have mine set up as a exaust blowing outside a window but eventually I'm going to go this route so that I can use C02.

i thought about that... but in order for a carbon filter to work, i thought it had to be sucking smells out of the room and filtering, i don't know if just having it running in the room would be effective? i'm still looking for just some different plants to grow.

thanks for the advise ont he ozone purifier system, but i can't have anything putting in ozone where I live and breath. long term exposure to ozone is really really bad on your blood and body, causing oxidants to build up, causing cancer. i don't really trust it with my knowledge of chemistry. i like the idea of an air purifier, but where is one that would be effective and affordable? or will another plant offset the smell? i am totally willing to grow another, legal plant with my future plants. i'll keep the legal one out in the open and obviously hide these plants. are there any plants that cover the smell of ganga well?

Yea, I've heard about long term exposure to Ozone, but I personally don't think it should be a giganourmous problem as long as its stationed in an unoccupied area, ya kno. Sure, placing one above your bed or in your living room could potentially be damaging, but I think an ounce of prevention saves a pound of headache! As long as you're not in your grow area religiously (ie. every 20min on the dot;)), I don't think having an Ozone generator would be more harmful to you. Perhaps finding another plant to mask the smell is a viable option, but personally, I'd like to keep things simple and irie!

on a side note...what's the buzz like on strawberry cough?? i'm debating whether i want some or not :rollit:!!

keep up the good grow hommie!

yea, i've smoked some SC and was seriously impressed, that's why i bought the seeds. i just wish i'd known earlier that knowing how to grow takes time and seeds don't dictate quality when you begin growing.... haha

yea, i've smoked some SC and was seriously impressed, that's why i bought the seeds. i just wish i'd known earlier that knowing how to grow takes time and seeds don't dictate quality when you begin growing.... haha

haha yeah, dont worry im on my first grow also. im sure well have a green thumb of our own soon enough.:roorrip:

WOWOWOWOWOWOWO!!!! i just came back from going away for 5 days to see family, and holy shit they are big! the one that was bad has recovered amazingly and the good one is massive, it must be 3ft or more already! and that's with 2 months left! I still need to find a good air purifier to clean the smell, these babies are gonna smell somethin furious...:ganjamon: what is the best way to keep a closet smell free that is in a bedroom? and obviously not the ozone thing, how much is an air scrubber?

any suggestions?

lots of oline sites have decent deal on like 4" carbonfilters with fan or me never have the need for a stinky house when i cook great food alot and have a full herb garden(purp basil sweet basil italian basil oragono chives parsley bunch of sht. i also like having a snected timming thing you can buy from the store. they are like 10 bucks blasts every 9 18 or 36 minutes they work ok and great if you can get the bottles that are commerical grade.

any suggestions?

UntamedFox. I built my own carbonfilters from part from office depot and carbon from walmart they had a diy in the last issue of skunk mag. It works really well and cost about 20 bucks which is a quarter the price or more of the price hydo store. If you would like the break down just post a reply and I will get it for you...

sonzor, that sounds fantastic, let me have it! thanks!

sonzor, that sounds fantastic, let me have it! thanks!

UntamedFox, go to my link below and go to the last post. I put the instructions on how to build a carbon filter there. I hope it helps you out...

okay guys, big problem! i seem to have a small bug problem! there are tons, and i mean TONS of tiny little white grub lookin things, maybe like a mm all around tops. What's a good insecticide that won't harm the plant but kill all bugs!?!?!?

Do not know if this will help you but. the first sign of any bugs I take a mixture of kelp and water and soak the tops and bottom of the leaves. It seams to work for me. I don't us any pesticides at all on my plants and they are outside so they are exposed to lots of bugs and this seams to keep them at bay.... Good luck...

thanks, i found this recipe in the forums to use detergent, cooking oil and water. apperently it works well too. i don't know where i would find kelp....

okay guys, i'm sure a few of you thought i was spacing out and not taking pix for y'all!!! WRONG!!! i'm just too lazy to crop and upload them quickly, lol :ganjamon: so here's some old pix i promised i would upload. The bug problem i think i can manage... i have not seen any bugs on the plants, only in the one bucket of soil with the small plant in it. we'll see how this whole thing turns out...... so here's the old pix!

Small one, due to over nuting early in development. recovered very nicely, this one is the one with tiny bugs in soil.
SANY0290.JPG

SANY02921.JPG

SANY0296.JPG

Here's some pix of the old grow closet, i am forced to move plants to safer area since smell is soon to come. the small is the small and the large back one is the large one.
SANY02931.JPG

SANY0294.JPG

and here's some pix of my big!!!! 3ft plant.
SANY02861.JPG

SANY02872.JPG

SANY02881.JPG

SANY02892.JPG

SANY0295.JPG

SANY02971.JPG

NOTE: there will be more recent pix later today when i take the plants out to move them to their new grow room.
NOTE: the pix shown in this post are from two different sessions of taking pix over a period of a week or two. they are in order of when taken per each plant/group shot.

Back
Top Bottom