Feminizing

I
Took a few seconds out of my very busy day to snap a picture. Balls are starting to form and I didn't even need to get out the big camera for close ups. I am going to continue spraying for at least another week. At some point in time I might quit spraying the buds and just spray the fan leaves. To much invested this time to risk no pollen.

Looks awesome, I had to leave town so I haven’t sprayed in a couple days. I’m hoping I didn’t screw up my chances at harvesting pollen.

Hopefully not to long. I would double up spraying for a day or so when you get back.
I missed 3 sprayings. Yours looks so much better than mine. I should have done the main bud. I just sprayed and I will do it two more times today then return to our regular scheduled programming.

I just give each top a spray. As long as you have been spraying you should be alright. To tell the truth I don't know where the right spot to spray is. The main fan leaves do most the heavy lifting for a plant. It may be best to spray them. For some reason I just started spraying buds. I am 1 for 2 with pollen so far.

I just give each top a spray. As long as you have been spraying you should be alright. To tell the truth I don't know where the right spot to spray is. The main fan leaves do most the heavy lifting for a plant. It may be best to spray them. For some reason I just started spraying buds. I am 1 for 2 with pollen so far.
I sprayed 3 times the day I got back into town and that was the last time. I have a hole lower branch full of pollen sacks just waiting for them to burst. Wahoo success on making pollen from a female.

Good job congratulations. Yeah buds are building on my male now too. Looks like pollen will be ready for most. Still not sure about the C-99. It is already starting to bud. I think it will be to late to make good seeds. They are supposed to finish pretty fast.

congratulations on your new male flowers! When you collect and pollinate make sure humidity is not too high as high RH will prevent successful pollination.

BTW, as far as where and how much to spray; spray everywhere - especially the nodes - but I find soaking the plant as completely as possible (top and under the leaves too) works best. It doesn't matter if I use colloidal silver or silver thiosulphate - if I could dunk the plant into a vat of whatever I am using, I would. The reason that I do use silver thiosulphate instead of colloidal silver is that it requires spraying 6 times total (as opposed to twice a day with colloidal silver for 20 plus days).

Good job congratulations. Yeah buds are building on my male now too. Looks like pollen will be ready for most. Still not sure about the C-99. It is already starting to bud. I think it will be to late to make good seeds. They are supposed to finish pretty fast.
congratulations on your new male flowers! When you collect and pollinate make sure humidity is not too high as high RH will prevent successful pollination.

BTW, as far as where and how much to spray; spray everywhere - especially the nodes - but I find soaking the plant as completely as possible (top and under the leaves too) works best. It doesn't matter if I use colloidal silver or silver thiosulphate - if I could dunk the plant into a vat of whatever I am using, I would. The reason that I do use silver thiosulphate instead of colloidal silver is that it requires spraying 6 times total (as opposed to twice a day with colloidal silver for 20 plus days).
thx for the tips. I think I’m just going to put the plant with male branch in front of the fan, put some Marvin Gaye on and close the tent wink wink.

You can also take some of the fattest, ripest buds and put them in a paper bag in a dark dry place for 5-7 days to dry out. That way, if for any reason you experience very high humidity in the grow area (which will stop the pollen from flying and make pollenation difficult), then at least you have some dry pods from which you can shake out some viable pollen (or cut pods open if not opened). Viable pollen should be a nice yellow(ish) hue and can be mixed with equal amounts of flour (better to dry flour in the oven first), put in sealed containers and frozen.

You can also take some of the fattest, ripest buds and put them in a paper bag in a dark dry place for 5-7 days to dry out. That way, if for any reason you experience very high humidity in the grow area (which will stop the pollen from flying and make pollenation difficult), then at least you have some dry pods from which you can shake out some viable pollen (or cut pods open if not opened). Viable pollen should be a nice yellow(ish) hue and can be mixed with equal amounts of flour (better to dry flour in the oven first), put in sealed containers and frozen.
Good to know. I am seeing plenty of pods just no visible pollen yet. Still early but a true male would be putting out pollen by now.

I cut my cs branch off and am drying it now. I have a few seeds started on the main cola from the sprayed plant. I will post a report on this thread after I plant the seeds, in theory they should be viable feminized dlf seeds.

I . I will post a report on this thread after I plant the seeds, in theory they should be viable feminized dlf seeds.

Good luck my friend! I find that viable seeds planted straight after harvest have a much lower success rate than those left to dry for 4-6 weeks in a dry, cool place (I use paper bags). From my last batch of bubblegum seeds that I bred, 10 were planted straight away - only 2 sprouted. I waited another 4 weeks to dry seeds further and my success rate shot up to 100%....

Looks like I will be using your suggestion. At least at the end. This plant is looking like the Tahoe Og did when I reversed it. Not much pollen but I did get a few viable seeds. I am going to shake the male over the female every couple days. I hope this will at least give me a few seeds. Next try I will be spraying the whole plant and not just the tops. I still have yet to get a reversed female to put out piles of pollen like males do.

Next try I will be spraying the whole plant and not just the tops. I still have yet to get a reversed female to put out piles of pollen like males do.

I would spray the whole plant - since I would not consume any flowers from a plant treated with colloidal silver it makes sense to spray the whole plant so you are sure to harvest a lot of pollen.

When pollinating the females, I have found that flowers lower down the plant are more successful at producing healthy seeds. I vaguely remember reading something about lower branches having more of a certain hormone or chemical that helps with successful seed production but can't provide a source, but in my experience the lower branches have produced better seeds. I always train (LST) my plants and de-leaf lightly. Before pollination I make sure that lower flowers receive light and so may do a strategic de-leaf just before I dust the girls with pollen.

Yes all seeds need to be dried for a few weeks.
That makes sense now that I thought about it. If the seeds germinated right away the plants would die during winter. Evolution designed them that way to ensure plants for the next growing season.

Here is pictures of the happy couple. Pretty sure I will get a few beans out of this. Really wish my male was putting out more pollen. I still need work on my feminizing. Tell then I think I will continue breeding any seeds I want from males of strains I already have. I will always keep trying though. I was really hoping for a hybrid of this and the C-99

Back
Top Bottom