Fertilizer question for flowering

oiuhdfukg

I'll be switching to 12/12 in the next few days, and I have a quick question about fertilizer. I;ve been using MiracleGro throughout the veg stage and everything seems fine, but I plan on switching to General Organics BioBud for flowering. Should I anticipate any problems with this plan or should it go smoothly?

Rule of thumb when using new nutes IMO is to use at half strength of what the bottle or box calls for at first and gradually increase. Keep a close eye on your plants after feeding to watch for signs of trouble as you go. I've never used biobud so I'm not sure of its contents but if you research product reviews online it should give you the info you need. Good luck!!

The reason I ask is that I read somewhere that if you're going to use General Organics, you should use their stuff for all stages of growth.

I've read very good things about BioBud, and it seems to be the best option available at my local shop. I live pretty much out in the woods, so my options are a bit limited.

I'm about to get General Organic's GO kit, and I have plants in all different stages of life, sprouts, veg, and flower, and I'm not in the least worried about using it on all of them when it gets here, despite that I've used different kinds of nutes (Tiger Bloom and Jacks Classic Blossom Boost for my flowering, ammonium nitrate ferts for veg, cal mag for both). I'd go with the half strength rule like mentioned above but you shouldn't have any problem, I'm sure your plant will thank you for getting off of Miracle Gro! Personally I avoid Miracle Gro products like a plague when it comes to cannabis. But thats just me.

My bet is they just say that because they want you to use more of their products haha, not because it will cause any significant harm to your plants.

I just picked up the General Organics GO Box. It wasn't much more than a quart of BioBud so I figured it made sense. The feeding schedule says to use BioThrive Grow, CaMg, BioRoot, and BioWeed in the first week of 12/12. Do I add these all at the same time? Just add them all to my water all at once and water the plants? Probably a dumb question but this is my first grow and I want to minimize my mistakes.

I just picked up the General Organics GO Box. It wasn't much more than a quart of BioBud so I figured it made sense. The feeding schedule says to use BioThrive Grow, CaMg, BioRoot, and BioWeed in the first week of 12/12. Do I add these all at the same time? Just add them all to my water all at once and water the plants? Probably a dumb question but this is my first grow and I want to minimize my mistakes.

Yes, add them all to your water at half the recommended dose and go from there.
The only dumb question is the one you don't ask.

Your plants will tell you if they need more nutes, but you can't take nutes out of your soil once you've added them (although if it's a serious nute burn, you can flush)

good luck on your first grow. you should consider making a journal ;) :Namaste:

Thank you SoilGirl. One more question... it looks like 2 of my 3 plants are likely female. Is it best to take clones now or should I wait until flowering starts, or does it matter?

Excellent, thanks for the quick answer.:thanks:

Oh by the way, I used the GO Box stuff and the plants do seem to be loving it. They all gained an inch in height literally overnight. I had an issue with some of the lower leaves being a bit brittle and that cleared up right away too. So far so good! I plan to start flowering on Monday. :allgood:

Back
Top Bottom