Fetilizer N-P-K

Ceelo

While I was doing research on how to grow I read up on a couple of fertilizers that some sites mentioned on their grow guides. This is going to be my second grow the first one not being succesful. On my first grow when I was doing research I read up somewhere that 20-20-20 is good for the plant during vegetative growth. Now on my second grow while I was doing research on grow guides I read on greenmanpage.com that GROW MORE 20-20-20 is good for the plant during vegetative growth so I bought two 2.5 LBS packs on a site I found. Today I was doing more research and read up on a couple of sites that during vegetative growth the fertilizer should have roughly twice as much N as it does P and K. Is this true? Should I dispose of the nutes I have now and Buy some new nutes with twice as much N than P and K or is 20-20-20 good for vegetative growth?

no, don't use the 20-20-20 ferts. the best fertilizer for vegetation is something high in nitrogen to promote foliage. 20-20-20 is way too strong of a fert to be using in the vegetation stage, i would recommend organic ferts such as seabird guano and an organic soil like miracle gro organic choice or foxfarms ocean forest.

For Veg use a fertilizer that has values higher levels of N and P and less of K. When you go into flower change over to higher K values, you might have to adjust some N too because the plant uses alot of it during flowering. There is good information here on the site about fertilizers.

Just check out the Grow Room and read Urdedpals posts.

Here are a few things answering your questions, lots of good info.
General Growing Info
Plant Food and Nutrients
Marajuana Fertilization Tips
Folair Feeding
PH and Fertilizers
That should be some good reading and info for you.

I also read that u can balance the PH Using baking soda to make the solution higher, and vinegar to make the solution lower. Is this true? If so how much of it would I have to mix in a gallon of water to drop the PH one level?

Okay I am confused about something can I mix a low number fert lets say 10-5-5 for veg and then African Violet 12-36-14 (which i have) or would this create problems because there would be a big change in N-P-K numbers. Which fert should I get for my veg cycle since i messed up and got one of 20-20-20 where the N isnt twice as much as the P and K. Its hard to find a good N-P-K for marijuana plants around where I live so my only choice is to buy them online. I have been searching but i cant seem to find a site.

For Veg use a fertilizer that has values higher levels of N and P and less of K. When you go into flower change over to higher K values, you might have to adjust some N too because the plant uses alot of it during flowering. There is good information here on the site about fertilizers.

shouldn't it be that you use a fert high in N and K and less of P? and i thought plants used the phosphorus portion of ferts during the flowering period?

to answer your question ceelo don't use the baking soda and vinegar for raising and lowering pH. these will just cause salt to build up in the soil and that causes nutrient lock-out. you shouldn't need that much n-p-k amounts early in growth anyway. that's way too much. you want something like a 6-4-4 like foxfarms grow big for vegging.

i would suggest going to generalhydroponics.com and foxfarms.com and checking out their stuff and dealers in your area. it may take some driving to get proper nutes.

and do more reading. it never hurts to read.

peace. :bongrip:

soooo many threads on this..... all it would take is a lil reading and this subject would be very clear.
I do read but reading is what is getting me confused. There are a lot of sites with false facts.

get your info off this site. it's helped me 100x over.

and i'm breaking the century mark with this post. :cheesygrinsmiley:

johndough210 said:
get your info off this site. it's helped me 100x over.

and i'm breaking the century mark with this post. :cheesygrinsmiley:

ur just gettin broke in.. yeah dude your gonna get confused if ur cross referancing with a differant site, you got a differant set of stoners with there superstitions about growing pot. stick with this site, i promise, we wont steer u wrong.

lol thanks alot I got everything down and packed. thanks again for your great info.

hey, really all u gotta do for proof is check out whos growing and who's doin good and take advice from them, any of the growers iam sure would be able to help.

hey, really all u gotta do for proof is check out whos growing and who's doin good and take advice from them, any of the growers iam sure would be able to help.

exactly. if you need to cross-reference, i would make sure it's a publication like high times or manufacturer's websites.

Read the links that I put up in my first post. I can't find the quote in the Cannabis grow bible, it might be higher levels of N for veg and Higher levels of P and K for flower. I'll look later because I have to go to work now.

If you get plant food for growing tomatoes, it will work, even if 20-20-20. There really is no difference between 20-20-20 and 4-4-4. One is just stronger than the other, more concentrated. This means you just use less of it.

I always go by the PPMs of my water and not how much any bottle or powder says to add.

I have even had great success with coco and MG liquid tomato ferts, which I believe were 20-20-20. I used all through veg and flower.

When I grow with General Hydroponics, I use the Lukas formula at half strength, same ratios. Lukas formula only uses Bloom and Micro through the whole grow.

hey what did you do in the end? get a nitrate 1.0.0??
and what did you do for flower?
im thinking go with the 20.20.20 with a higher N added, then when flower comes remove the N and use a PK like 1.2.3

I've seen recommendations all over the place from balanced 1-1-1 all the way through a grow to 3-1-2 in veg and 1-3-1 in bloom.
I'm currently shooting for amendment with about 3-1-2 in veg and hope it comes down to 1-1-2 by bloom. YMMV.
IMO, a well balanced 1-1-1 is fine from beginning to end as long as you also have the minor and micro nute's well represented, too.

I read on this 420website the Cycle Changeover is 7-7-7 NPK so I would try Jack's 20-20-20 at that time and dilute it. During Early Veg I heard not to use Mykos and only use a No Nutrient soil and add the nutes 2-1-2... then Mykos at 1st transplant.

Adding Phosphates during Veg Stage while using Mykos does not sound appropriate according to what I've been reading online...supposedly the soil/ compost mix already has all the PK you need during Veg... I read somewhere that the Mykos inhibits Phosphate Uptake and the Neem inhibits Mykos from its Root Building Potentials. I wouldn't spray Neem on buds, just sparingly in soil flush once in a while. Why would you want your buds to be all tasting like Neem from foliage spraying?

Perhaps just some Nitrogen nutes until Cycle Changover? The Mykos supposedly really helps Nitrogen Uptake, so perhaps don't go overboard on Nitrogen either?

It's all so complex & interesting reading material. I read somewhere that when it comes to adding nutrients to plants, especially in first phases its "Low Or No" Low nutrients or none at all. I heard it is very easy to over fertilize in Early Veg then plants get shock if you need to try to flush so early.

I saw one plant that had very low next to no fert in Veg Stage and its bud sites were bigger by far than all the plants using nutes. Could be the strain though bc it was different than the other strains.

shouldn't it be that you use a fert high in N and K and less of P? and i thought plants used the phosphorus portion of ferts during the flowering period?

to answer your question ceelo don't use the baking soda and vinegar for raising and lowering pH. these will just cause salt to build up in the soil and that causes nutrient lock-out. you shouldn't need that much n-p-k amounts early in growth anyway. that's way too much. you want something like a 6-4-4 like foxfarms grow big for vegging.

i would suggest going to generalhydroponics.com and foxfarms.com and checking out their stuff and dealers in your area. it may take some driving to get proper nutes.

and do more reading. it never hurts to read.

peace. :bongrip:

While I was doing research on how to grow I read up on a couple of fertilizers that some sites mentioned on their grow guides. This is going to be my second grow the first one not being succesful. On my first grow when I was doing research I read up somewhere that 20-20-20 is good for the plant during vegetative growth. Now on my second grow while I was doing research on grow guides I read on greenmanpage.com that GROW MORE 20-20-20 is good for the plant during vegetative growth so I bought two 2.5 LBS packs on a site I found. Today I was doing more research and read up on a couple of sites that during vegetative growth the fertilizer should have roughly twice as much N as it does P and K. Is this true? Should I dispose of the nutes I have now and Buy some new nutes with twice as much N than P and K or is 20-20-20 good for vegetative growth?
i would try it if i were keep an eye on your nutrient readings if it starts tipping to much you can run a ph flush and lower your nutrient levels. if it works you got the best dank

Back
Top Bottom