Few Issues with Outdoor Grow

Different Name

Hey all. First time outdoor grower here. I've got 14 plants. 5 From seed, all unknown (though they come from an older lady who exclusively grows Jack Herrer strains). From clone: (3) cannatonic, (2) afgoo, (2) Swiss Gold (High CBD), and (2) Northern lights x Blueberry.

First off is the clones. I've had yellowing/browning starting at the tips and taking over the whole leaf issues since they were planted. The Cannatonic and Afgoo were planted in mid April/Early June. I still have the issues with the yellowing leaves. Originally I thought they were nutrient deficient. I am using an organic soil from Home depot with Bat guano. I started them on some nutrients I picked up from the hydro store.
These are the veg nutes:
General Hydroponics FloraNova "Grow"
7 - 4 - 10
[spoil]
Total Nitrogen (N)....................................7.0%
0.9% Ammoniacal Nitrogen
6.1% Nitrate Nitrogen
Available Phosphate (P2O5).....................4.0%
Soluble Potash (K2O)..............................10.0%
Calcium (Ca).............................................4.0%
Magnesium (Mg)......................................1.5%
1.5% Water Soluble Magnesium (Mg)
Sulfur (S)..................................................2.0%
2.0% Combined Sulfur (S)
Boron (B)................................................0.01%
Chlorine (Cl)...........................................0.01%
Cobalt (Co)...........................................0.002%
Copper (Cu)............................................0.01%
0.01% Chelated Copper (Cu)
Iron (Fe)....................................................0.1%
0.1% Chelated Iron (Fe)
Manganese (Mn)....................................0.03%
0.03% Chelated Manganese (Mn)
Molybdenum (Mo)...............................0.003%
Zinc (Zn)..................................................0.02%
0.02% Chelated Zinc (Zn)
[/spoil]

and

General Hydroponics Floralicious Plus
2 - 0.8 - 0.02
[spoil]
GUARANTEED ANALYSIS
Total Nitrogen (N).......................................2% 2% Water Soluble Nitrogen
Available Phosphate (P2O5)......................0.8%
Soluble Potash (K2O)..............................0.02%
[/spoil]

I use 2 gallons to water the 9 clones, and 2 gallons to water the 5 seed adults.

The feeding schedule for general hydroponics is 1ml/gallon for seedlings, 2.5ml/gallon early growth, 4ml/gallon for late growth.

I use:

• Clones: 1.5ml GH FloraNova Grow + 1ml Floralicious Plus per gallon
  • Adult From Seed: 2.5ml + 1ml Floralicious Plus per gallon

I use tap water. Have not ever measured Ph. Get it straight from the hose. As said, about 2 gallons for all the clones, 2 gallons for the 5 adults.

Pictures of the Afgoo:
u3iu4yt.jpg

rgFopHO.jpg

XZW3Az4.jpg

MzbHFiW.jpg

GwNLf0p.jpg

EjwQFWR.jpg

and the Swiss Gold having similar issues:
vUUR2GE.jpg

S3bldXm.jpg

NcvLXax.jpg

Cannatonic Leaves:
xPpqpDR.jpg

So there is issue #1. Issue #2 is with the big adult seed plants. I have noticed, all the leaves except for new growth feel very dry. The leaves and dry and rough to the touch, not smooth. They are all still very green. Some of the leaves have been curving inwards. Here's some pictures:
vjz0v4D.jpg

OKSt1OG.jpg

and a very strange looking leaf I found
oxdGSdm.jpg

Thanks all for checking my post out, please let me know if you have any suggestions. I've got a hydro store near by if I need to pick anything up. First post by the way :) :thumb:

My images were too high resolution to be uploaded here, so I put them in an Imgur gallery. Hope that's okay. More detail to be seen there anyways.

All your problems are ph relative, but you don't worry about it, right? Not trying to be belligerent but are you new to this thing called cannabis cultivation? Indeed you must be? Measure the ph of the run-off of ALL your plants and get back to us and we'll see if we can help?

I appreciate the friendliness. Yes, I'm new to cultivation, as said in the post. I'llpick up a pH meter then. Could you be more specific about which problems are pH related and why rather than basically telling me that I should have known better? As a first time grow its a learning experience...

One simple procedure, running enough water through the plant (exits the holes in the bottom of the pot), and checking the ph will tell you the direction you should proceed. Run out and buy some cheap ph strips and go from there, you don't have time to wait for a meter unless you flush first. If that's the case, the plants with 5 gallons of medium will need a minimum of 15 gallon per plant run through to flush.

Without a run-off ph measure, I can only be a bit presumptuous and think maybe the medium is elevated with excess salts... if so, the ph has lowered... if not, the ph has risen. Run the water through, and as soon as it exits the bottom. collect the run-off (10 to 20%) and apply the strip to test, Okay? I like to test the first bit that comes though.

Hi (cool nick!) and welcome to :420: :welcome:

Sounds exactly like the problems I have. Budstud is right, it's your water, ph and probably dissolved solids as well. Your municipality can probably give you a report of some kind, but the quickest fix is to find another water source, reverse osmosis or distilled but if you use those you will need to add back the missing minerals so a calmag supplement. I switched to rainwater myself.

Thanks for the intro. If you have any other questions you can also try the FAQs forum. And be sure to check out the New Member Start Links thread for lots of tips for using the site.

:peace:

Today I purchased a ph testing kit. Turns out my tap water is at a pH of 8! Used the pH DOWN solution to get it down to a 6.5, added a CalMag solution to my mix. Will be seeing how this goes.

Run water through the plant with the smallest pot and check the run-off that comes out the bottom and see what it reads?

Run water through one plant that not phed with up or down or any cal-mag, only tap... test the ph of the tap first and tell me what it reads going in and what it read as soon as it exits the bottom.

Back
Top Bottom