Few Questions First Time Grower

Potato69

I have a Width 7'9'', Lenght 4'5'' and Height 7'11'' Space with a 1000 MH/HPS and was wondering how tall can I get my vegging plants before switching to 12/12 flower? I really want max yield appropriate for my space... with 6 plants they are all Barneys Farm:2 Pineapple Chunk, 2 Liberty Haze and 2 Critical Kush. Everywhere people tell me different results some people say an oz a plant but I know if I continue vegging, it will double to triple my final yield correct? so how tall (inches wise) before switching? The guy at my hydro store said not to exceed 26 inches or they will get out of hand.. I have not started as I am waiting for the seeds but I plan on super-cropping/mainlining methods

All depends on method. An oz is bad for 1000w. I'm using 250w and hoping on 2 per plant maybe little more maybe little less on autos. Whats the container size. What neuts you running, have you done anything such as supper cropping or lst. Any images etc shed little more light on the situation if pos. Hope all comes out well any way

We have similar room dimensions except that I'm like 8' long don't use my whole room for flower. I start 12/12 when my girls get about 2 feet tall and I just harvested 10+ zips off my pineapple chunks and that was 2 of the 5 I pulled 17+ off my strawberry blues. I won't run more than 5 in my area starts to get pretty tight after there stretch.
420_pics_0093.jpg
That's 5 girls and my light doesn't cover them all and there like in the 3rd week of flower there but I monster crop for a bigger yield so my girls get more bushy. better start some LST and make sure your in your coverage your 1000 can cover a 5x5 foot print but the light is pretty week on the outside so I try to stay in like a 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 area. Good luck and happy growing

Nutes for veg 16-16-16 and flower/bloom 10-20-20 using 420 Organic Potting Soil

Nice dude your plants looks lovely! So I should definitly switch to 12/12 by 24-26 inches because it will get tight?

Gday and welcome to 420

if I may suggest 2 x 600 vs the single 1k 50wt per square is about the lowest end for hid lighting, they will still grow,but nugg quality will suffer.it can still be great,but you wont know how great

how close are the flowering time of your strains??,have you considered less plants and a scrogg?? they are a hassle to work under but the yield difference can be 40-50%+ bigger.

this is one plant 40x60 under 2x400 I expect 16-18 zips from the colas and 3-4zips from the popcorn/edibles

DSC076042.JPG

DSC076422.JPG

trim bags
DSC076512.JPG

naked
DSC076523.JPG

That is the way to go wish I would have done that instead of ordering my 1000 but in hindsight I never thought I would grow this big and thought the 1000 would meet my needs but now I know better and need to get some more use out of my 1000 before I retire the old girl. I started with a 5x5x8 room now I have 2 rooms almost double in size and am starting perpetual grows this round. But your right c526 2 600 would work much better. nice looking grow buddy I always figured the scrog would just piss me off too much LOL nice work :):)

OMG THAT IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheer: It's because I'm on a tight budget and my local store had a sale on their 1000 watt mh/hps for 180. anyway I will make a grow journal and keep you guys up to date. I was thinking vegging it a little longer but i guess thats not the case

ive got zero experience with them,I can ask my guy at the shop about them,I just saw them,I "think" they were called sunpulse splitters
they were like 30$
they do make 600 ballasts that do run 2 bulbs @600---check out duttypanty he uses them,so he will have more info on them.

Well thanks bro I'll look them up I don't have a hydro store around here to check on stuff like that my wife would hate it if I did I would spend too much time there lol.. But thanks I never thought the ballast were that powerful to run 2 lights, But that would be great I would just be into it another cool hood, splitter and a bulb that will cover the rest of my room. My wifey is gonna hate you I'm going shopping :cheesygrinsmiley::thanks:

I will do and I found some info in case it ever comes up again so you can help a guy out. You can only split if you have a magnetic ballast can't split with a digital. So back to some pondering to see what I want to spend maybe wait another grow and then see still tweaking my new rooms this round.

Back
Top Bottom