few questions :)

LochGee

ok so ive got a few questions i didnt manage to find in the search tool.

first off, how high should the water level be on the net pots?

what is ppm? and how do i measure it?

and my air stones float, how do i stick them to the bottom? i didnt want to use anything that would polute the water.

any input is highly appriciated! thanks.

I'm assuming your in some sort of DWC or NFT system. Keep water level high in the beginning, as it the roots develop more you can lower it, but generally I try to keep it around the middle of the net pot. You almost have three sections of roots, top doesn't like much water, middle likes a bit and bottom needs to be submerged.

PPM = parts per million, measure it with a TDS/PPM meter. EC and TDS Meters to Measure Nutrient Solutions

Honestly, I would get higher quality air-stones, never seen any that float. Perhaps it's the shape or they may be really cheap.

Thanks JJ! Also any idea where i could purchase a ph tester from? Theres plenty on ebay but is there any well known decent ones people use?

The little air diffusers may move around. Alott of stores (like walyworld) have some large ones that stay putt that I've found. Good luck with your girls..:volcano-smiley:

The only air stones at wmart around me are the blue plastic ones that do float. I bought a few in a pinch as there are no grow stores around my area. I stuck them down with a fish tank repair silicone.

Back
Top Bottom