Few random ?'s from a noob...(GonG diffuser stick/active carbon filter)

TReeSCHMoKiN

Okay I just signed up here in hope of answering a few questions Ive got

I just recently purchased my 1st GonG bong, a "PHIRE" glass piece(5mm, single internal perc, diffuser(6 laser cuts), ice notches) and Im in love with it but Ive encountered a little problem(twice) my diffuser gets stuck

The 1st time it happened a little twistin & turning got it out but this time around it wont budge

Ive tried alcohol, hot water & elbow grease with no luck, is there a proper way of getting it out ??? Is this a common problem encountered with all glass on glass bongs?

*image removed*
And part 2 of my post has to do with an active carbon filter like the one pictured above. I broke a $90 ashcatcher I bought along with my PHIRE and have been looking for alternative filtering methods other then pre-cooler/ashcatchers and I found this.

Anyone have or used one ??? What exactly do they do ???

thanks in advance for any help!

Hey man,I never used one but if you run luke marm water,slowly turn it to hot and let it run for a while it should expand the glass enough to get it out.Good luck it looks awesome,and just so you know in the future you have to submit any pictures you post to the gallery section first so they can approve them first.Not trying to be an ass,just trying to help out.

If water gets into the sintered joint then this can cause the downstem to lock in place. Make sure the joint and downstem are dry when you put it in and you shouldn't have this problem.

Carbon filters are filled with activated charcoal (like what goes in fish tank filter) and filters out addtional tar. However, the added drag created makes it not worth it to me. Also, it would stand to reason some of the THC would be absorbed by it as well.

If water gets into the sintered joint then this can cause the downstem to lock in place. Make sure the joint and downstem are dry when you put it in and you shouldn't have this problem
okay good to know if the friggin thing ever gets loose

Carbon filters are filled with activated charcoal (like what goes in fish tank filter) and filters out addtional tar. However, the added drag created makes it not worth it to me. Also, it would stand to reason some of the THC would be absorbed by it as well.
Do you feel the same way about ashcatchers with the added drag ???

I have a triple perc carbonite and the active carbon fiilters everything from tar to vapors, be everything in beetween like hair or dirt, and just get a good grip on downstem elbow and twist the spout, it happens on every g on g piece at adlest one point

Back
Top Bottom