FFOF Flowering?

Bspra

420 Member
What’s up growmies! I’ve just recently made the switch to organic dry amendments and have a question. Yesterday I went from a one gallon pot to a 5 gal pot using ocean forest soil. I’m on week 5 and would like to flip into flower at week 6. So, I was wondering if I should add my 4-8-4 flower nutes from down to earth now or should I let it go into flower using what is available in the 4 fresh gallons of soil? I dont want to burn my girlies. But also want them to get the proper amount of nutrients they desire. Thanks ahead of time!

orrrrr..can I flush the crap out of them right before flipping and then top dress and add recharge and other benies?

You risk burn with fresh ffo. I would just let them flower for two weeks then add 1/4 strength of your nutes and work up from there each week. FFO does very well in flower for plants. Just watch the tips of leafs for any burn when you start feeding. If you see burnt tips do not increase strength for the following week keep same .

You risk burn with fresh ffo. I would just let them flower for two weeks then add 1/4 strength of your nutes and work up from there each week. FFO does very well in flower for plants. Just watch the tips of leafs for any burn when you start feeding. If you see burnt tips do not increase strength for the following week keep same .
Nice! Thanks brotha

Don’t want to steal this post. This is 2nd time I’ve read ‘burn’ with FFOF. This is what I have used since last fall. What does this mean? Thanks. Carry on.

Don’t want to steal this post. This is 2nd time I’ve read ‘burn’ with FFOF. This is what I have used since last fall. What does this mean? Thanks. Carry on.
Sometimes the nutrients in FFOF can “burn” your young seedling because they are getting an excess of nutrients. Essentially it’s nutrient burn. Kinda like you would get if you over fertilized

You just up potted so you have PLENTY of nutrients for the first few weeks of early bloom. Once buds are set around Day 21 and vertical growth has stopped, feel free to feed away and start light as stated above. Since you just went from 1 gallon to 5, give her a week or so to settle in to the big pot compared to a small 1gal(not sure how big of a plant you are going for). Let her dry out for 3-5 days or so, and clock the wet and dry cycle. You will usually go from every 5 days watering to every 5 or 4, then every 3rd day wet/dry like a spinning top if everything is on point and growing vigorously. Good luck, you are getting to the FUN part of the transition.

Back
Top Bottom