FFOF with Osmocote plus, too hot

HempsterDufus

I've read several dozen different opinions on the web and here so I just thought I'd throw this out there and hope someone who uses FFOF with Osmocote Plus can tell me if it is too hot for clones that are about two weeks rooted. I will also be using Earth Juice microblast I think.

Any experiences or opinions on this? Thanks in advance!!

So, you want to dump a fairly strong time release fertilizer on top of an already hot pre nuted soil?

That might be a bit on the warm side.

DD

So, you want to dump a fairly strong time release fertilizer on top of an already hot pre nuted soil?

That might be a bit on the warm side.

DD

Well the idea has been put forth by several experienced growers here and on other boards like Docbud for example. The idea is the Osmocote Plus only releases what's needed when it's needed so it might be a bit misleading to to call it "strong". It's guaranteed not to burn, there is a study video where they use like 100x the recommended dosage and not only does it not burn, the plant looks great. Based on that I'm wondering if it is equally safe when other nutes are present??

I was more wandering if anyone who has discussed this has actually done it and what your results and opinions might be??:)

I would say it depends on the 'rooted clone's vigor/size and how much water you dump through each time you water. C02 and mega watts with ideal temps/conditions will help them stay ahead of the burn too.

Back
Top Bottom