Fiberglass Mesh Screen for passive intake filter?

Buddy McNugs

Hey, does anyone know if if the fiberglass window screen mesh rolls they sell at Hardware stores work good as a filter for passive intakes to keep out pests/dust/mold/etc.? It is a black mesh screen that I believe is used to replace screen on windows. I already have a roll and am hoping that one layer of that will work on my intake vent or if not maybe a double layer?

Window screen mesh would help to block pests and large dust particles but will not stop mold or fine dust. A better option may be material from home air conditioner filters. The better ones will block most dust and some pollen but if you really want to stop mold spores or bacteria you will need to get a HEPA filter. The downside is that the more effective the filter, the smaller its pores which increases its resistance to airflow. Not a problem if your fan has excess CFM capability but would probably not work with PC fans or low CFM inline fans. Good luck!

I used the same thing and still got gnats and dust..pollen etc in my grow space. I ended up taping a house type air filter(the blue fibrous kind) inside the vent hole on top of the screen. I change it out every month. Its not so effective it limits air flow but still keeps most things out. Good Luck!
:thumb:

Might I suggest - Women's hosiery - tights, stockings etc.

I used a bunch of my ex's on my computer to keep the dust out and they worked a treat.

Also, the fibreglass isn't so good as minute particles of the fibreglass will blow off and end up in your buds. you'll taste it. serious.

Back
Top Bottom