FIM! I Really Missed

missgreenbud

Have a plant that's 3 weeks into veg, this is my first grow. I have already topped it once, and about 3 days ago I decided to try the FIM technique.. here are some pics of what's growing back where I fimmed. Did I really miss and hurt my plant?? I feel like I left a piece to tall and now it's growing all funky?? They also have brown spots where I cut, I feel like when I topped no brown appeared... Should I try to cut it again or is that a no no?

Thanks in advance guys!!
21fa6b5fec0c6450447a0607d48340ff.jpg
823a089b2c6b718341e239a35f001543.jpg
d4dc03015d9bcf83e0fbc60dc927bf8c.jpg

Damn I always wanted to call it a FITM. (Totally missed) we will forever call it a FIRM from now on though...

Anyways you hit it right from what I can see. Only way to tell really is waiting and watching

It'll be ok. I see both growth shoots. I can't tell you that's it is or isn't fimmed correctly though. I'd leave it be if it were me. Good luck.

FIRM??!! F*** I Really Missed

Hi - I recently had a fim'd FIM . Straight off I can say don't worry about the brown spots, mine were black! It's a normal part of the plant's healing process apparently. Mine has been fine. If you miss a FIM you'll either just end up with funky leaves and a single top that keeps on growing as normal - just with 'trimmed' leaves. And the other way to miss is if you take too much and then it's just a regular topping.
If it's successful you'll get either 3 or 4 'new' tops. With my recent one I got 2 new tops shoot up and the central one came back as well. So it went ok .

It looks to me like you got it perfect like the Dabber said. Let it grow out for a while and see. The other thing that a good FIM does is make all the lower branching sites take off, so look for that.

Apart from that your plant looks good . Maybe a little over watered? Do you let it dry out between waterings? I only say it because of its little droopiness - too much water can do that.

Hope you're enjoying 420land!!! It's good to have you here. Do you have a journal, or are you planning one?

Oh - and I don't think that reference image is very helpful. There are better guide images. That FIM line would only trim the leaves a little I reckon. Sorry - the FIRM line ..

Damn I always wanted to call it a FITM. (Totally missed) we will forever call it a FIRM from now on though...

Anyways you hit it right from what I can see. Only way to tell really is waiting and watching
Yeah as soon I seen it start growing is when I said oh fuuuuuuu** I really missed!! Lmao. Lessons will be learned if it does end up hurting it. But like you said, waiting and watching will only tell me so that's what I plan to do!

Looks like things are a bit close. How big was the chute? All you can is either be patient or do a true topping at this point.

For reference......
topping-fiming-sensiseeds-1.jpg
The chute was still pretty small still, so maybe that's where I messed up... fingers crossed it's okay though! Atleast I'm seeing growth.

Thanks for the reference pic!

It'll be ok. I see both growth shoots. I can't tell you that's it is or isn't fimmed correctly though. I'd leave it be if it were me. Good luck.
I'll leave it alone. Thanks for your help, I'm wondering if my 45 degree cut wasn't exactly a 45 degree cut lol. That and I did fim alittle early on that chute I think

Hi - I recently had a fim'd FIM . Straight off I can say don't worry about the brown spots, mine were black! It's a normal part of the plant's healing process apparently. Mine has been fine. If you miss a FIM you'll either just end up with funky leaves and a single top that keeps on growing as normal - just with 'trimmed' leaves. And the other way to miss is if you take too much and then it's just a regular topping.
If it's successful you'll get either 3 or 4 'new' tops. With my recent one I got 2 new tops shoot up and the central one came back as well. So it went ok .

It looks to me like you got it perfect like the Dabber said. Let it grow out for a while and see. The other thing that a good FIM does is make all the lower branching sites take off, so look for that.

Apart from that your plant looks good . Maybe a little over watered? Do you let it dry out between waterings? I only say it because of its little droopiness - too much water can do that.

Hope you're enjoying 420land!!! It's good to have you here. Do you have a journal, or are you planning one?

Oh - and I don't think that reference image is very helpful. There are better guide images. That FIM line would only trim the leaves a little I reckon. Sorry - the FIRM line ..
Yeah I think in my case it was multiple things lol, live and learn! I was just worried about possibly stunting the plants growth, if it will just effect tops that's okay with me.

I have definitely noticed the lower branches taking off so maybe there will still be some good out of my FIRM job Lol.

On my watering, yes, I let it dry out about pinky depth before I water again. Normally that's every 2 days. I have been doing alot of LST so I'm thinking that has to do with my droopy looking leaves now. I tuck leaves under leaves and bend and all sorts of stuff lol. I had an overwatering episode earlier on in my grow only reason I knew to cut back some. That's the same advice the other great members on here told me, overwatering for sure! So thank you Amy!

I'm definitely waiting my time here and you all make it feel like 1 big ganja growing family!

I do have a grow journal in progress actually, if you wanna check it out! I'm not sure how to post my grow link in here quite yet? Sorry I'll try to get that for you if u wanna check it out!

Haha the FIRM line indeed!

Yeah I think in my case it was multiple things lol, live and learn! I was just worried about possibly stunting the plants growth, if it will just effect tops that's okay with me.

I have definitely noticed the lower branches taking off so maybe there will still be some good out of my FIRM job Lol.

On my watering, yes, I let it dry out about pinky depth before I water again. Normally that's every 2 days. I have been doing alot of LST so I'm thinking that has to do with my droopy looking leaves now. I tuck leaves under leaves and bend and all sorts of stuff lol. I had an overwatering episode earlier on in my grow only reason I knew to cut back some. That's the same advice the other great members on here told me, overwatering for sure! So thank you Amy!

I'm definitely waiting my time here and you all make it feel like 1 big ganja growing family! .

I do have a grow journal in progress actually, if you wanna check it out! I'm not sure how to post my grow link in here quite yet? Sorry I'll try to get that for you if u wanna check it out!

Haha the FIRM line indeed!

No worries I can find your journal! I can't see signature links in the app anyway. I'll find it via your profile. ..

I FIRMed one of my fruit punches. Oh, she looked silly, at first. Lol! 4 weeks later, she looks just as good as the FIM'd ones. She looked similar to yours, except I managed to cut 2 shoots & the top, so I had some funky leaves.

Can't even tell which one, can you?
20180126_120815.jpg

Back
Top Bottom