FIMMED Plant done right?

havoksgrow

Hey, first attempt at pruning and I was wondering if I had fimmed my plant correctly, its been about 30 hours since ive cut it.
20140202_021455.jpg
Screenshot_2014-02-03-20-32-49.png

Hmm! I'm newer at this and am waiting for a response also. From what I have read on the subject, I would guess the second photo is going to be a top with stubbed leaves. The first photo I have no idea. Good stuff to put on here havoksgrow.

suppose to cut just the center and leave about 20% of it left
theres a diagram of it somewhere on site
look at it this way if you cut too much you got it topped and you will have 2 tops if not enough youll have the same 1 top so either way you aren't gonna mess it up

it just keeps growing out from there
it doesn't take long in hydro I haven't tried to fim a soil plant yet

The best way that worked for we was cutting it half way down. Most of the time I got three. Every now and then I get four. Ether way it is a very low stress way to get extra nodes. I am a fan of very carefully bending the main over and tie down. If your not sure my link shows that done to my Train wreck mother. I will be posting pic tomorrow of her and you will see a huge difference in all the new bud spots.

Again I'm newer here, but I believe that you were given a great tip about lst. I have never done fim but I do a lot of lst and it works great. Gives you much better control of your plant hgt. Great photos and topic. Keep us posted on your result for this fim. Thanks a ton

It looks fine, new growth will spurt in a week or so. With FIM if done right you usually end up with 4 top nodes. Worked well for me I need to add.

Will do, ive got a journal going on my two plants, hopefully they will both be female :/
I wanted to see what worked better for this strain, lst or topping but since my lst is burnt on one side It wont be a fair comparison.
Im going to try training it in a circle so hopefully the burnt off leaves will just let more light hit the nodes.

put a link in your signature so people don't have to search to get to your journal
user cp towards the top on the left after you hit user cp
scroll down a bit on your left theres a link to edit signature throw the link for your journal in there
then when you do a post we can just click the link in your signature

Before I fimmed all of the nodes have had little leaves very slowly sprouting but none of them have had increased growth rates. only one of the lowest nodes has a lateral branch working on its second set of leaves.

My lst'd plant has a lateral branch at the base of the stem that has 4 or 5 nodes and is as tall as the top. Im thinking of tying this plant down soon to give the nodes more light.

Back
Top Bottom