Final way to germinate

bluemode

I have heard everthing from wet paper towels being great to them not being recommended. I have always just thrown them in a glasss of tepid brita water and put them in the dark. Here's the deal I just spent $60.00 on some top strain seeds and want to get my moneys worth. Which if any way is the best. I have always hand held my seeds as well -- is this really that wrong if so why? Am I to tweezer the seed in the soil.

Your help as usual is greatly appreciated.

Get a cup. Fill it up just a little bit. Put the seeds in the cup then put the cup with the seeds in it in a nice dark place and let them sit there for 12 hours. Then once your 12hrs is up take the seeds and put them in a semi-damp paper towel. Put the papertowel in a plastic bag and the put it back in your dark place. Within the next couple of days they will begin to sprout.

All that germinating seeds is to soften the shell using water so the seed splits.
Some strain like african sativas you have to crack them open buy hand or use sand paper. Once the shell splits you are in the clear. I don't use the glass of water trick cause after 24 hrs the seed could drown and might not split.
I use the papertowel method cause I have more control of the germination process. You can handle seeds by hand but its best to wash your hands first for sanitation purposes. Your plants are suseptable to bacterias at that age.
I have only used tweezers to remove seed shells that get stuck on the plant.

Thank you that was most helpful. I will use the papertowel method. Thank to all that contributed.

hey dude u want the easiest way to germinate? ok get
1 dvd case(of course empty)
seeds(duh)
computer monitor(need to be on)
line the case in damp paper towel, throw ur seeds in. make sure its damp. throw it on top of ur monitor and leave it alone. make sure it stays damp. i get action in 1-2 days. usually over night.

Back
Top Bottom