Finalizin my plans and need to know if what i have planned will fill my Dosage

Purple Goose

Okay Ill give you the skinny on my setup and need your opinions on how many plants I can grow max on my table vs the number needed to Fill my Dr's reccomended dosage.

First lets start with dosage i suffer from severe chronic pain & muscle spasms due to spinal chord injury (this places me as a Category 1 patient in the Canadian MMAR) also however I also have Fibromyalgia,sleep apnea,chronic insomnia,chronic fatigue syndrome,rheumatoid arthritis,Anxiety and stress disorder and depression the last 3 are direct results of the other problems.
As a result to deal with pain , be able to get more then 3 hours sleep a night and avoid the stress migraines I get my doctor has Recomended I Smoke 3-5 grams /day as well as ingesting another 5-6 so he has Reccomended 10grams per day .

So according to the MMAR regulations this means I will be able to grow up to 50 plants indoors , store 2250 grams and monthly usage is 300grams these figures are based on a 4 month period to grow the plants to maturity using soil. But I am planning to go with 2-3 mother plants and using SoG technique(i would like to keep more mothers for a more diverse choice of strains,if this area can hold more than 2-3 plants please let me know what you think would be the most i should put in here to allow for them to have all the cuttings i will ever need to fill table every 2.5-3 months all depending on previous grows time to finish if its possible i would like to have 5 strains on hand) will be trying to have my room running as close to 365 days a year.

So basically what i need to know is with a 4 x 4 ebb and flow table with a 1000w hortilux hps for flowering and using a 1000 watt mh for a 2 week veg how many clones will i be able to get on my table and will i be able to produce
enough bud to cover 300grams/month

Also is 2-3 mother plants enough to get 40+ clones from every 3 months as this will be about how long there will be between taking cuttings every time the flowering clones are 2 weeks from finish . I believe it will be 3 months they will have to recuperate , taking cutting 2 weeks before they go to table ,2 weeks on veg cycle then another 8-10 weeks for flowering depending on strain.

Or will I be able to grow my dosage with fewer plants in the same amount of time as I am sticking with strains that produce according to the seed banks where i am ordering from between 500-800 grams/m2 in SoG configuration. So if anyone else here is using a 4 x 4 ebb and flood wich is about 2 square feet short of a 2m square grow area , let me know if My calculations are on as with the table i am getting I have choice of 20 5" pots or 40 4" pots so kinda need to know which setup i should be going with . If I can get my dosage with 20 plants thats great but if its gonna take more I need to know before I go and buy all my equipment.

Also if anyone with lots of experience thinks the 1k hps/1kmh hortilux is overkill for veg and flower my other options available are a 600w hortilux hps with an extra 150w mh for flowering and for veg using a 600w mh conversion hortilux and the 150w mh for the veg cycle. Also just so you know if you are trying to figure out heat the room is 7'x 6'8" x 6.5' high wich makes my grow room 303 cf including the closet i will be using for my mothers, closet seperates into 2 chambers whose dimensions are , 2' x 3' x 3.5'h=21 Cf and second chamber is 2 x 3 x 3 =18 CF I was considering lighting these areas with either 1 200w 6500k cfls in each or a 2' x 2' 4 bulbs at 55w6500k fluorescent lights in each chamber depending on wichever is cooler and which one public opinion says is the most preferable, also wondering how many mothers do you all think these chambers can hold?
My Area for cloning is 5.5'L x 18"D x 14"high Wich i plan to light with a 4' long fluorescent fixture containing 2 80w 6500k bulbs should this be good to get my clones to 4-6 inches each? And how many cuttings will I need to take to make sure I have enough healthy girls to be able to fill my table with enough plants to cover my Dosage.

Looks like you've got the math pretty much figured out. The first grow or 2 will be a little slow most likely. It may take the clones a little longer to get healthy before you move them to the veg room. Given your flower room sixe, 20 plants are probably going ot be the maximun you can put in there depending on what size you want them to be when finished. The 1000w should work fine for both veg and flower.
Are you going to do a perpetual grow or just grow and harvest all at once?
3 mothers should work fine for clones.
If you harvest 20 plants a month you should be able to hit the 300gr mark no problem. As your education improves you should be able to increase the yield.
60grams a plant, cured and dried is about average for smaller plants

Cateros...well written and worded...but that post my head explode....LOL JK.
I feel ya with the injuries and such as Im a similar situation.
I have a few questions for ya 1st. are you an experienced grower? if so what is/has your background i.e hydro or soil. if this is your 1st grow then I would start slow with baby steps. Too many people have tried and failed miserably starting out so big
you will need an EZ cloner...you will need alot of clones. yes 2 or 3 mothers will supply you with enough genetic material for clones.
I think you need 4 trays myself. Ive toyed with what your proposing and it can be done but you have got to have you game on point...bigtime, there wont be much room for error.
I can get into deep thought on your post but the bottom line is you will need more trays and more sq/ft available.

Hey thanks for the reply Pitviper my experience has been in soil / inside and out a side my greatest success was 20 plants full season where we got an indian summer so temperatures never dropped below 55 at night till 2 weeks into november yield was around 200-300 grams average per plant with one monster sativa that we planted behind a barn on a 15 year old stables manure pile and I am not exagerating it was a plant somewhere near 12' tall
and yielded 3.7 pounds of wicked hitting bud but it did have a rather acrid and unpleasant taste( i told my partner we shouldnt try the location just because of his curiosity about the fertalizer content) . Inside i was growing in soil using 10" deep kitty litter tray holes in bottom 4 plants per tray as they were 2' x 2' each in a closet measuring 4 x 4 we were able to veg and flower 30 plants by not pinching the tops and lettign them grow straight and true trimming back any large leaves where they were blocking other plants started from 35 feminised seed only 30 sprouted grew them under a combination 400w hps and 150w mh final plants were 36"-44" tall one solid cola each starting 6-9 inches from the soil and final yield was 41 ounces of nice stick ganja.

We used a 2 month veg at 18/6 2 weeks before we turned back the lights started feeding with A&B bloom when flowering time came turned lights out for a full 24 hours and began the 12/12 cycle plants finished just over 9 weeks later.

Also I do know a person who has grown for comercial purposes for 7 years untill he got caught who i can turn to for help at any time .

But was wondering when you said I would need more room to grow more plants but with many of the strains I have ordered the seed banks are stating that the strain will produce between 500-800g/m2 with my table I am ordering ill have 1.8 m2 of table for the plants to grow from but the entire area that the table will occupy is actually 5' x 5' or 25 square feet for the canopy to fill out 5'6" from top of table to the ceiling so when light is hanging right at ceiling level there will be at least 4' 8" between table top and bottom of the reflector so if i only allow my ladies to reach 3 feet before flowering wich i am doubting was planning on putting 6-8" clones on table vegging for 2 weeks under a 600w hps hydrolux and 2 100w mh on each side of the hps. Using a kick ass calculator I found wich allows you to figure out what yield you can expect canopy size by lumens provided and intensity of light you are able to determine what kind of lighting you will need for any given space ill see if i can get the link in this post so you can check it out you might like it.

YOR - Yield Calculator for Upgraders

give this a try how it works take your last 3 grows and figure out the average yield you obtained so if you got 600g 450g 560g = 536 grams average you enter this into the area for yield next you enter your lumens for hps in the appropriate area and lumens from metal halide finally enter intensity if you use a light meter its really easy other wise just play with the intensity untill the calculation comes up showing you are getting 100% of the yield you normaly get and you then now your lumens. It then has a secondary section that allows you to plan upgrades in your lighting to show you the yield increase you will most likely get and allow you to decide if its worth the cash expenditure.

I did a little experiment as I am planing to grow Arjans ultra haze #1 the seed bank info said this plant will yield 450-600 grams /m2 so playing with the calculator i established that on a ebb and flow table I would require 1 600w hps hydrolux and 2 70w mh placed to each side of the hps with lights placed to emit an intensity of 8100 then in 1/m2 my yield if all conditions are optimal will be 486 grams/m2 wich is actually only 92% of the yield this setup can produce and will have a canopy of 12 square feet . Seeing as my space for my table is actually 25 square feet or just over 2/m2 As long as everything is kept optimal my yield should be 972 grams every 8-10 weeks. So please have a look at the very least and tell me if you think this is accurate .

Oh as a side not some of these yields seem rather high to me as well for the space being used but I am giving benifit of the doubt to the seed banks that these plants have been specifically bred to produce large yields of extremely potent buds . For instance the Arjan ultra haze #1 has thc notes stating that fully mature and grown in optimal conditions will have a thc content of 18.5% give or take 2.8%+/- cbd 1.3% cbn .7% I only mention these other 2 cannabinoids as they help alot for insomnia as well as aiding in pain relief when taken oraly .

I dont doubt your data..you clearly have done your homework but consider this...
those weight claims by the breeder are under OPTIMAL conditions. your game has to really be on point. Ive spent the coin and it takes alot of time and effort to tweak your grow. I measure my output a lil differently than you but I strive for 1 gram per watt. Ive hit .74,.81 and now .89. thats close and I think ill be there soon but Ive been told that 1 gram per watt is like the magic number and VERY few people get that far.
Im growing 4 strains, 2 of which are 700gr/mtr plus. one is supposed to me 1000 grams per mter. Ill believe it when I see it
Have you checked out our grow? Theres about 60 pages of good stuff there

thanx for the yield calculator!!

Back
Top Bottom