Finally, another Berry grow

I totally thought I had responded to that question, but I guess it didnt post so I will now. First off, Mr. Smith has tons of grow knowledge, I'm glad to see he's back on the site. I will be pruning just as u said Uncle Andy, right around day 21 or so. I wont be cutting back too many budsights, probably just big fan leaves from the main stalk that are blocking light from other buds. With the vertically hung light, Im not too sure how the best way to prune is. Obviously with a horizontally hung light, the light will be lets say a foot from the top of the plants and 3 feet or so from the bottom, so the bottom buds are only getting a fraction of the light the top plants are. But with the vertical light, the light is always going to be at least 2 feet from every bud in the tent. That is why I wont be trimming any budsights, just leaves.

Does this make sense?

Ok, so sorry there has not been a pic update. I have a new kitten and she chewed through the usb for the camera, fuck. Might just have to use the iPhone. Things are looking great, although i am dealing with rootbound plants in all but one of my pots. I will know next time that I need to use 5 gallon pots. Its not slowing down the bud production one bit though.

I am thinking about harvesting one plant at day 60, one plant at day 65 and the rest on day 70. I want to see if the high is noticibly different between the days. I am also going to start doing a smoke report on all my plant phenos. I am going to start comparing same phenos at 60, 65, and 70 days to see how they are different and recording for purposes that may do me well in the future. I know there are some good smoke report templates on this site, I just gotta find em. Some things I will be looking forward to finding will be how the different days will affects eating, does it make u trail off in thought, make u tired or more awake, length of the high, just to name a few. I will also be recording the trichrome colors and percents as well.

Thats just an update for now. Plants are done with the 34th day. Going to start getting fat here pretty soon.

Berry out :allgood:

rsz_dsc00061.jpg

Check your nutes' level(s) of magnesium.
The yellowing in between green veins and the leaves pointing upwards could be a deficiency.

i could very well be wrong but it's worth checking to be sure.

Gorgeous plants, grade A+ setup, yay for organics.

Subscribed.

Ds...could very possibly be a M def, but the reason I thought it was because of being rootbound, is because the smaller plant is not having any problems at all and they are all getting fed the same. But the buds are developing fine neway.

Dfw-guy - thanks for the article. Just what I needed to read. As it said, peak potency is in a window of 2 weeks so maybe I will harvest 1 plant on 55, 60, 65 and 70 days.

i mate i agree these white russians just keep on going i thought i had mag deff and treated them with epsom salts over a week ago and to be honest can t really say it did that much for em however i was told a table spoon in 1 gallon of water i kinda thought it a weak mix but don t really know, id loved to of not supercropped and let em just grow but i didn t have the space as always your doing a great job and such a better set up from last time im with you judging from mine i recon 2 oz a plant not that ill get that hehe thanks for staying intouch.......be lucky weedtastic........edit i also have a couple of plants with yellowing leaves and the rest are just fine its got me baffled althou all new growth is lush green oh and +reps for crossing strains

Oh no!! Dude your plants LOOK awesome! Damn that Vertical HPS I need that thing. I'm not sure I think adding like 8 23W flouros really benefit though, not to mention they don't add much heat. I'm doing a side grow of purple kush bagseed under 4 fluoros, and its doing really well.

As for the deficiency, it looks like mag def maybe some potassium. Heres the thing though, I don't mess with individual stuff. I noticed that throws off the ideal ratio even more. Usually, a nice feeding with proper fertz shold fix the problem. If not, add about 50-100 ppm of cal mag in addition, and see how that works. It should be good. I don't recommend adding epsom salts as they antagonize all the other nutrients in the solution without the proper dosage.

Otherwise, flushing and checking pH would be the best. USUALLY its one of these two as the culprits, usually the latter.

Hey brother, great work! Ill be tuning in to this one too. :nicethread:

Oh no!! Dude your plants LOOK awesome! Damn that Vertical HPS I need that thing. I'm not sure I think adding like 8 23W flouros really benefit though, not to mention they don't add much heat. I'm doing a side grow of purple kush bagseed under 4 fluoros, and its doing really well.

As for the deficiency, it looks like mag def maybe some potassium. Heres the thing though, I don't mess with individual stuff. I noticed that throws off the ideal ratio even more. Usually, a nice feeding with proper fertz shold fix the problem. If not, add about 50-100 ppm of cal mag in addition, and see how that works. It should be good. I don't recommend adding epsom salts as they antagonize all the other nutrients in the solution without the proper dosage.

Otherwise, flushing and checking pH would be the best. USUALLY its one of these two as the culprits, usually the latter.

Hey brother, great work! Ill be tuning in to this one too. :nicethread:

Thanks for the kind words cali...i agree with u, i really dont mess with individual stuff as well. I really just think the root-boundness is causing whatever is going on. All the plants get fed the same thing, and the smaller ones that probably arent root bound look great. I just know I gotta do 5 gallons next time. I dont have my pH tester for soil, lost it when I stopped last time. Its FFOF though, should keep it right where it needs to be. And Im feeding with all organic nutes so it probably isnt burn.

Sorry for the lack of pics...the iPhone camera just doesnt do any justice so I dont even want to put em up here. The lady friend is going to best buy and shes going to look for a new cord for the camera. Hopefully ill have pics tonight. Plants are on day 40 out of 70. Things bout to start picking up!

Peace, berry out :allgood:

Ok so here we go...done with 41 days im pretty sure. Sorry I dont really know which ones are with, i might try to guess. Each shot below the full plant is a bud off of that plant.

rsz_p72900011.jpg

rsz_p7290002.jpg

Pretty sure this one is a WRxBB.

rsz_p7290003.jpg

rsz_p7290004.jpg

WR for sure

rsz_p7290005.jpg

rsz_p7290006.jpg

Not sure

rsz_p7290007.jpg

rsz_p7290008.jpg

??

rsz_p7290009.jpg

rsz_p7290010.jpg

Pretty sure Russian as well

rsz_11p7290011.jpg

rsz_p7290012.jpg

Pretty sure this is WRxBB

rsz_p7290013.jpg

Sorry, accidently rotated it when i resized...turning your head works just fine.

There you guys go, hope u enjoy.

Looks like I'm a bit late to this party, but I'm in. :popcorn:

When I first saw that tent, I got worried about off gassing phthalates. Looks like my fears were not justified.

Now, only if there was a way to build another vertical HPS lamp suspended from a circular track that spans just past the outside diameter of the plant circle. Light is run along track via motor so both the inside and outsides of the plant circle get some HPS lovin. Simpler would be a roof mounted motor in center of the room connected to a bar with the lamp suspended from the end. Can't do that in a tent, but the idea just kind of popped into my head when I saw your grow.

:goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom