Finally found a forum for soil growers!

Hey my soil loving friends!! Can you help me with daignosis of this Girl? SHe in about week 5 i think. I have SoG so I am not keeping track of weeks...I have to start!!! But the lower leaves are yellowing...looks healthy other than that. I was having Ph problems a few weeks back...I know its not due to Ph
Picture_1231.jpg

If you had PH problems a few weeks back, then they might still be getting over it...

are they rootbound? They look a little starved for light or something - are they shaded under other plants in the SOG?

I'd repot, flush with R/O water, and feed lightly after they dry from the flush.

I agree with OBX. Flushing is always a good precautionary measure. I'd flush 1st then repot/transplant. What did u do to remedy the PH problem? Can U snap a clearer photo? Perhaps an up close one. Most importantly, what type of soil and/or nutes u using? U got a PH and TDS/EC meter? WHat's the PH of your water b4 watering? What's the PH of the runoff water?

Instead of buying FFOF like I usually do, a soilless I bought some bags of real soil-Hyponex-$1.00 a bag on sale. Mixed that soil with 1/2 perlite and bat guano and they are growing like crazy! I add some mycorizza too.

I am also a soil grower.I use fox farm ocean forest it works great for me. I am trying kool bloom for the 1st time cant wait to see the results !I also use general hydro products they have a hydr grow or soil grow chart flora-gro,flora micro,flora bloom,flora blend during veg stage,flora bloom,flora blend,kool bloom during flowering last week one sugar and water only one feeding finishing with water .

Considering this is an organic forum, I'm curious about some of the comments:

Why would anyone flush an organic soil when the intent is to build and feed a designed, living soil, normally using AACT teas? Sounds like a carryover from hydro growing to flush salt buildup from chemical nutrients.

If anyone's even curious, only one Fox Farms bottled nutrient is actually organic, though they do have some dry fertilizers that are organic.

For those using Schultz plant food for an organic grow I suggest reading the label and researching how some of the contents are produced.

Just curious.

Hey everyone! A couple Questions for the more experienced Organic Growers.

First, I want to Culture my Mychrrhizae and wanted to make sure I do it right.
I am going to use Great White Shark.
I found a couple pages briefly mentioning it.
Any links with good details? What are your prefered methods.

Second, I am using Earth Juice Grow, Cat, and Micro-blast (up/down as well); How long and what should i Use to "Condition" or "Cook" my microbial soil. I also have a little FFPOM 0-5-0 (bat guano). (links work well to if you don't want to answer)

Third, CO2 on Roots? Through bottom of pot or quickly in Clone Humidity dome:

Last (and Thanks ahead of time, ill have more proverse things to say soon)

I am using CO2 with just the regulator, so i am just timing it, and Was wondering wat your best advice is for this situation.
My main problem is that when I fill room to 1200 PPM, I do not know when to turn fan back on.

Thanks! I'm working on my Journal now, so look for it soon!
The Line-up
MOC--White Widow--XXL Big Bud
Mandala Seeds--- White Satin--Hashberry--5 seed Safari Pack
Barney's--- Vanilla Kush
I also have a Sour D mom, and Super Haze (or silver I cant til which...Pretty sure Super haze though, but its short and really really bushy (short node length). Its strange because Super haze is 60/40 sativa and Silver Haze is 70/30? indica). Just said SH. Gift from my family =)

But anyways Look for it.

and Thanks Alot everyone!

1 bag of FFOF and 1 brick of coco....thats my soil mix. I water every 3 days and feed 2 out of 3 waterings. the 3rd watering I add 1 oz of molasses per gallon of water.

1 bag of FFOF and 1 brick of coco....thats my soil mix. I water every 3 days and feed 2 out of 3 waterings. the 3rd watering I add 1 oz of molasses per gallon of water.

So with the molasis do you use that every 3rd watering or only during flowering? I am useing the fox farms line all 6 of them and I want the best tasting erbs I can get.So if you are familliar with the fox farms nutes and can give a a good flush system to use that would be awsome.I am really worried about letting them starve for 2 weeks during flush. Do I have to flush for two weeks with 2x the water of the pot or not?how much water should I run through each one?Does the molasis help to make it taste better or what is the reason for using it? just curious

Molasses is for sugars to help support microbial growth. You want to find black-strap molasses for this.

I use it in my compost teas sometimes. I used to use worm castings in my potted mixes and compost teas but I dont like the raw sewage smell that can emanate at times if you over-do it with the worm castings (I actually prefer now just to use it as a soil amendment for raised beds.)

I dont flush my potted plants when using organic nutes. I use Peace-of-Mind from Fox Farms for all my gardening. Be it flowering plants to vegetables to my lawn. Where I live the soil is alkali and the water is hard as well. So I tend to mix some sulphur into my soil mixes as well to lower the PH.

I also use various bat guanos, Botanicare grow and bloom for soil nutes, blood meal, bone meal, a amendment called bio-flora that has fish and seaweed emulsion. IMHO you want diversity of life when it comes to organics. The reason I use the FF happy frog labels is because they contain mychorrzai and humic acids.

I have given mature 18-24" tall plants 3 tbsp of guano (scratched 2" into the surface) then watered with Botanicare bloom (for soil) full strength and never noticed a burn prob. Its organics. This is even after the lower 1/3 of the container was full of a "hot" organic soil mix I composted myself and used as the final transplant soil.

Go nuts. Stick with OMRI listed products too when possible. Not all organics are 100%. But seeing that my veggies (where I live it is not legal to use medicinal MaryJ which sux cause I have a severe stomach condition that could benefit) are not going out for resale, I dont always care about OMRI listed products.

Sorry bout rambling on....

What are the benefits of using a soil mix vs a soilless medium such as 40% worm castings 30% vermiculite, 30% perlite? When I was an ornamental landscaper I used cedar grove potting soil with coco fiber ammended with kelp meal and a vegan all purpose organic Fertilizer with water absorption crystals that were corn starch based. Something likethis would be very xpensive, but I had amazing results.

I personally do not like using worm castings in such a high percentage in potted mixes, especially if growing indoors. If the mix in the bottom of the pot remains moist, in my experience, worm castings will smell like raw sewage. With that in mind lets take your suggestion of mixing it with perlite and vermiculite and have a well drained mix. Ever seen what comes out of the bottom of the drain holes with that much worm castings? You will lose most of it out the bottom as the water drains, plus it will stain whatever it touches that is porous.

The benefit of using worm castings is to add microbial life to your soil. Without some soil and a medium to breed on I do not see the benefit of using your suggested mix. Your other soil mix is much better and I assume it was for potted plants and I would not have a problem using that as an in ground mix as well.

Personally I use worm castings in the ground and less than 1/8 cup (per 5 gal) in my potted plants. Of course my regional climate may dictate some of this. Winter in the desert is alot easier on my potted plants than the summer is right now.

These are just my personal observations so keep that in mind!

Hey everyone! A couple Questions for the more experienced Organic Growers.

First, I want to Culture my Mychrrhizae and wanted to make sure I do it right.
I am going to use Great White Shark.
I found a couple pages briefly mentioning it.
Any links with good details? What are your prefered methods.

Second, I am using Earth Juice Grow, Cat, and Micro-blast (up/down as well); How long and what should i Use to "Condition" or "Cook" my microbial soil. I also have a little FFPOM 0-5-0 (bat guano). (links work well to if you don't want to answer)

Third, CO2 on Roots? Through bottom of pot or quickly in Clone Humidity dome:

Last (and Thanks ahead of time, ill have more proverse things to say soon)

I am using CO2 with just the regulator, so i am just timing it, and Was wondering wat your best advice is for this situation.
My main problem is that when I fill room to 1200 PPM, I do not know when to turn fan back on.

Thanks! I'm working on my Journal now, so look for it soon!
The Line-up
MOC--White Widow--XXL Big Bud
Mandala Seeds--- White Satin--Hashberry--5 seed Safari Pack
Barney's--- Vanilla Kush
I also have a Sour D mom, and Super Haze (or silver I cant til which...Pretty sure Super haze though, but its short and really really bushy (short node length). Its strange because Super haze is 60/40 sativa and Silver Haze is 70/30? indica). Just said SH. Gift from my family =)

But anyways Look for it.

and Thanks Alot everyone!

typically the way u use mycorrhizae is to sprinkle it on the roots when u transplant to colonize the roots. if your trying to culture it by itself u would add it to your compost pile or in your case your fox farm medium with simple protien that serve as fulgal food such as oat bran, or powdered baby oatmeal, or soybean meal, or powdered malt. moisten it with non clorinated water with some humic and fulvic acid and keep it in the dark at 80f for a few days when u should see some mycelia growing

2dialed...is that info from some of the books you ordered? I like that idea of culturing myorrhizae in the compost.

yes, from the book teaming with microbes by jeff lowenfels. i got some biozome in my mail yesterday here in socal the one that hard to get archaea bacteria. i started a little veggie garden in my sideyard today and used some on strawberries and artichoke so we will see how it does.

Back
Top Bottom