Finally got the new equip, now, for the setup...

HossGrowsBud

Hey guys, I haven't been around for a while because life seems to be exploding all around me haha. Regardless, I finally am going to be stepping up my game from CFLs to MH/HPS. I have a 250W mh/hps system that I purchased, but I have a few questions about set up.

First, I am growing with Deep Water Culture, going to be doing 5 seeds from an 18 gallon rubbermaid tub. I have done one successful grow before with the cfls, but with the mh/hps I have a question about lighting distance. I plan on using the mh from seed until flower time. Is this possible? I know that most people will veg with some CFLs before going to the MH, but do I have to? Also, I just was wondering the best distance to keep the light at starting from seed. I was thinking to mount the light as high as possible, about 3' above the top of the tub. I will be doing a scrog with this grow, but I was curious about the minimum height that I can mount my light for flowering above the screen.

Thanks guys, once I get all this stuff out of the way I will start up a nice journal to track it.

-Hoss

Hey HOSS, Congrats on the upgrade!! you'll never look back now!! As for using the MH throughout the veg yes you can(it's the preferred spectrum) For seedlings I keep them pretty far around 20-30" away for the first week or so them progressively work them closer to the as they get bigger. With my 250hps and aircooled hood i can keep my plants within inches of the glass with no burn(air cooled hoods and cooltubes needed) Im currently using 400hps and get light bleaching if im closer than 6" from the glass soo you can get those lights really close depending on ventilation. As for the budding i havn't tried scrog but from what i hear around 12-18"(or as close as possible with spread) check out my journal was running 250 now 400. Good luck meng!!!

Thanks man, appreciate the info. I am no actually dealing with some serious heat issues. Sadly I decided not to get the air cooled hood, and now I think I am already regretting it. I am trying to build some sort of cooling system for the light now, does anyone have any ideas?

Glass tube around the light, both ends of tube have pipes that go outside the grow area, one fan one each side, one sucks the other pulls.

Back
Top Bottom