Finding a good mother plant - Using Ebb and Flow vs Aeroponics?

HaHend

Hello,

I have around 40 seedlings (Indica dominant strain) in 4" rockwool cubes right now and I would like to find one or more good mothers out of these.

However I can not decide if I should use Ebb and Flow vs Aeroponics to grow as many of these seedlings out as possible.

After I found a good mother plant I want to start using clones with aeroponics instead of ebb and flow in any case in the future.

But I would still have some use for the ebb and flow system if I want start growing a new strain and would need to find new suitable mothers again.

My two 600W lights should cover an area of 240x120cm (8ftx4t) and my light rail should help to get it stretched to 240x150cm (8ftx5ft').

Ebb and flow:

Instead of using 5 gallon buckets I thought about using 40 rootpouches (28cm diameter, 4 gallon/16L) in a single huge 240x150x28cm flooding tray instead of using buckets.

But I assume that it will get too crowded there during flowering? Hence I would like to know how many plants you recommend me placing under two 600W lights in a 240x150cm (8ftx5ft) area?

Aeroponics:

Or would you suggest that I directly start with aereoponics anyway? Could I also determine suitable mother plants with aeroponics as good as I would with ebb and flow?

Unfortunately one can not grow plants as big in aeroponics as in ebb and flow.

But maybe aeroponics with slightly larger netpots (3.75" or larger) than usual would be a good compromise to my ebb and flow idea as this would definately allow me to use all of my seedlings?

An advantage would be that I wouldn't need to buy as many clay pellets as I would using the ebb and flow method.

I hope you can help me out. :)

Back
Top Bottom