Finding journal main points

i have a very hard time finding my way around journals,, even my own. when the journal gets past just a few pages it is quite difficult to find pertinent information,, and, again,, i am even talking my own journal. i use my journal as a tool and i wish this tool worked better for me.

is there a way to disassociate or distinguish between the chit chat and the journal related info??

and, please,, using the 'search' function is really not the answer i am looking for,, :Namaste:

cheers, nivek

I've often had the same thoughts Nivek. No real answers. I'm often tempted to post a question to the journal-master/mistress to ask about the nuts and bolts questions, but I hate doing that. I feel like it's only polite to read the first 378 pages before I go asking stupid questions. I just don't have enough time to do that let alone keep up with all the journals I'm already trying to follow... Maybe one of our many genius members will think of a good format, like if there was a little sub journal/calendar that laid things out to cover the basic info, timeline, etc. I really don't know. I don't spend much time on computers at all, I'm pretty feral, but surely out there in the world that ground has been covered already? I just imagine that in every complicated business operation there must be a way of being able to glance at the massive amounts of info generated in a week, month, year and always be able to glean the basics. I don't know- I live in the bush. It's stretching my brain just typing all this. Not sure it even makes sense.
I'm still finding my way around this forum so I'm sure I'm still missing out on how to use some things. Like the search function. I haven't generally been able to use it well enough to find what I want with it, so far, but am chalking that up to user error.
Another issue I have is sorting out the sponsors but I'll start a thread for that. Thanks for starting this one.

cheers weas,,, i probably know one percent of what this website can do,, and maybe there is an indexing function of some sort,, maybe someone who knows will chime in and answer all and solve everything for me,, or not.

i was kinda curious if i am missing something , some feature of the journaling or of the website that makes indexing easy, easier, or even possible at all

mods,,,,, i think an indexing page is a great idea. journalists can hit a button at the bottom which brings up an index and they can write a short note about that update,, and that index is available to all to help navigate the journal. have it by monday please,,, oh,, wait,, friday is a holiday,, have it by tuesday please,,, thanks

cheers ,, niv

i have a very hard time finding my way around journals,, even my own. when the journal gets past just a few pages it is quite difficult to find pertinent information,, and, again,, i am even talking my own journal. i use my journal as a tool and i wish this tool worked better for me.

is there a way to disassociate or distinguish between the chit chat and the journal related info??

and, please,, using the 'search' function is really not the answer i am looking for,, :Namaste:

cheers, nivek

nivek have you tried changing the forums display to a threaded format? At the top of the journal you should see a button labeled 'Display', there are three selections for display. Check it out if you have yet too.

Hi Nivek :ciao:

At the top right of each thread there is a button called: Search Thread :thumb:

Ctrl & F brings up a search function in your browser to find certain words on a page :high-five:

Hope that helps :cheer:

Yep, and if you search your own user name then you can view the thread by only your entries which will help sort out the other comments.

Personally I keep an actual physical journal for reference and stuff for this exact reason. Some might not feel comfortable leaving a physical record laying around though which I understand. But yeah sometimes you can't beat the simplicity of pen and paper.

Another thing you may consider is that the button on the bottom left hand side of posts that says "Blog this post". If you blogged all your journal entries then you can see them as your blog instead of the journal thread.

Another thing you may consider is that the button on the bottom left hand side of posts that says "Blog this post". If you blogged all your journal entries then you can see them as your blog instead of the journal thread.

This is what I have been doing, and I make it private so I don't have to bore everyone with what I "think" is important.

Back
Top Bottom