Finding new ways of getting our energy and

hurek

I read Partnering with Nature: The Wild Path to Reconnecting with the Earth, a which won the top prize for Social Change in the “Best Books 2010” competition and the book highlights a shift in the way we work with nature and the environment. From solar energy to harnessing the natural cleaning powers of nature used in a “Living Machine”, that transforms waste water to potable water using plants sunlight, the book explores some of the most promising bio-industries of our time...it also highlights the rising incidence of eco-entrepreneurs and bio-technologies that can transform the way that we live and work.

"Partnering” also makes the link between human health and the environment - citing a recent study which found that Americans spend less than one hour a week outside!!! and asserts that this is leading to all kinds of physical, emotional and spiritual ailments…..

I find the author's ideas to be quite revolutionary... Catriona MacGregor is seen as a leader in a rising Eco-consciousness movement… While I do not agree with everything – the book has a powerful message that illuminates the fact that our connection to nature is a vital part of our existence.

Back
Top Bottom