Finding The Right Temperature With A Vaporizer

bill704

I'm thinking of what I may blow my tax return on (not for selfish reasons, just trying to help this awful US economy :winkyface:), and I think it's about time I buy a Vaporizor.

Being a fan of smoking herbs other than marijuana, I most likely will be regularly changing the temperature based on what I choose to vape next. I wonder then, would a digital vaporizor be better for me than traditional? Is it fairly easy to find the right temp each time with a traditional vaporizor?

Re: Finding the right temperature with a vaporizor

I don't own one but have hit a few. It's just finding the right temp where you're not burning the plant but still getting all of the THC. On a Vapor Bros they have a dial. Hit a Volcano but didn't really wanna ask if I could check it out. After a few times of smoking out of it, you'll know:smokin:

Once you find the range for mj, it'll give you a reference point for other herbs. Chamomile: 100C to 125C (212F to 257F) -lower temp range. Salvia Divinorum: 200C (392F)-top of the mj range. That's the only herb I know of that vapes higher than the 'clean' temp for mj (365F).

The problem with digital whip vapes is that you've got to pay at least around $250, preferably $350-400, to get close to accuracy. Digital on the cheap wooden boxes is pretty much sales hype-I'd much rather have analog on a low priced box. If that display goes out so does your vape. What are you looking at spending on a vape?

I guess I pretty much would learn how much to turn the knob to find the temperature for marijuana, then like you said just use that as a reference point... Perhaps the knob wouldn't be so bad after all. (Sorry, I just never used one before.)

As for the price range? Honestly the VaporTower turns me on so I was checking out models in that price range.

:bong:

Seems practical, the price is very acceptable, and I respect the fact they make essential oil nebulizers. (I already have a top of the line diffuser though.. I'm set for aromatherapy lol)

Thanks for pointing me in their direction! So these are decent vapes?

So these are decent vapes?
By 'these' you mean Da Buddha? Or that and the Surfer? I just bought the Surfer (SSV) after debating about it for about a year. I've used a handful of whip (or direct draw) vapes and have one I like pretty well, but the SSV kept tempting me. They have some specials going now so I finally picked one up and just tried it out last weekend. Very well built and I like the custom glass you get-been using it as a diffuser too. Very happy with the purchase-you don't need to spend that much for a good whip unit, but I do like the style and slightly better performance. Kind of like upgrading from a Toyota to a Lexus or BMW.

The DB should be very reliable, since it's based on a proven design. They've been running a few SSV vapes non-stop for about 6 yrs. without a failure. You get hands free ground glass connection (horizontal angle) and a thick aluminum powder coated shell. It's a nicer finish and heavier (for stability) than most wood box vapes. Good deal at $159 and you can soup it up with some custom glass if you want.

I used Da Duddha for the first time yesterday. While setting everything up and vaping for the first time was intimidating, I managed to follow the instructions without a problem and vape some herb without ruining it!

I am amazed at how a vaporizer can bring out the taste of my sweet MJ... And I'm more than satisfied with the buzz I can get off just a tiny amount of herb.

Definitely worth my money.

i own a vapir one 5.0 its alright vaporizing is a whole lot different than smoking you dont feel it much in the lungs as you do smoking its a different high i find myself using my bong more than the vaporizer though its just not the same as smoking it but then again im young and dumb so it might be different if youve been smoking for years a good temp is about 350f to 380f

I have older one and it's a b*tch getting the right temp. I wasted a bit finding what I believed to be the right temp.
Georgia like you I grab the bong before the v'rzer. :)

Back
Top Bottom