Finished Plants 100% LED Grown

Nice thread KF! I'm surprised I didn't notice it before since I know I've seen you posting. :blalol:

My LED's are 435w they replace a 1000w HPS. I have 14 lights in a 12x18 area. 11 band lights scientifically designed to make Cannabis plants grow.

14 panels that are equivalent to 14k HPS?!?!?! :yikes:
I calculate that as ~28 W/sqft for the LEDs and ~65W/sqft for the HPD equivalency. I guess that's not too high for HPS, but that sounds like a lot of lights to me when I try to imagine that many in my space.

My flowering space is ~12'x18 as well. I've been leaving myself a little area for working and infrastructure, so I use 10x17 as my actual flowering area. Do you really think I would need that many lights? I was thinking 8 1k HPS would do it, if I had them moving about 18-24".

I'll be following a similar path to Jon as I already have some HPS and will not be able to buy all the LEDs at once. I won't even be buying my first panel until the end of the year (not this next harvest, the one after) at best. Basically, I already have the flowering space, but I can't light it all, so I'll just keep using more and more of it as I can afford more lighting. For awhile, I'll have HPS and LED in the same space.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us. When I first started building this room, I was interested in LED panels, but the reviews I was reading were mixed, and frankly, I couldn't afford to start out with LED. :winkyface: I know it's the way I want to go, so I appreciate hearing the opinions of someone using LEDs on a similar scale (similar? almost exactly the same! lol) to what I'm working up to. :Namaste:

Well that's the calculations using a 4x4 spread, I don't think all them lights are needed its just what I used based off calculations of spread, but that's being said I did run a lot of HPS lights too. bottom line with the lights I use is replace them one for one, so if you use 8 you only need 8. I just like to grow big ladies so I give each 4x4 space its own light which is what's recommend for most areas thoigh most ppl don't follow that spec. to the letter. if you run 3 per row with 4 rows it will cover a 12x16 area which would cover your area, I keep my lights about 24 inches away also but again its preference I know a lot of ppl that go 5x5 with one light, so 8 lights would cover your 10x17 area

very impressive kushingtonfrm!:bravo:

would realy like to see a pic of the grow rooms in action!

I have grow journals that I post in the on going journals and I have a a few moved to the completed journal section also'
thanks for the reps fellas

alright everyone thanks for looking the past few weeks while my mother was in town. summertimes are always busy times :) anywho theres a new update
DSC07839.JPG

looking left to right G13 cheese, Trainwreck, Raw Diesel
blt_2_.JPG

Blue Lemon Thai Flushed and ready for harvest
blt1.JPG

Blue Lemon Thai hanging
fjc_2.JPG

Fruity Cronic Juice Flushed and ready for harvest
fcj2.JPG

Fruity Cronic Juice Hanging
g1313.JPG

G13 Cheese Flushed and ready for harvest
g13_2_.JPG

G13 Cheese Hanging
sharksbreath_2_.JPG

Sharksbreath Flushed and ready for harvest
sharksbreath2.JPG

Sharksbreath Hanging

Thank you everyone. Yes LED has arrived in my opinion. King John they are 1,100 each for big ones and 550 for little ones. a big one covers a 4x4 spread. Plug and go lights and yes they are pricy but they offer a 90 day money back guarantee. 3 year warranty and they are good for ten years.

Thanks for the info ...nice getting real info about LEd and seeing amazing results...your plants look Grade A+

I love your baby's Awesome Job.!!!! Man looking Great would like to smoke some of that Lmao this is Mine WhteRhino
10-04-2013_4_.JPG
still need's More time for my Buds jejeje :420:

Will any type of led light do or are some better then others? and how do you work out the equivalent watts of a 400 hps to the W of an led, I noticed that the watts of your led were lower then the hps but they were equal in strength have I got that right?:helpsmilie:

Will any type of led light do or are some better then others? and how do you work out the equivalent watts of a 400 hps to the W of an led, I noticed that the watts of your led were lower then the hps but they were equal in strength have I got that right?:helpsmilie:

Your gonna have to read bro. Their is to much data and varied opinion on the subject. Were talking books of info. Some data is fact and some is fiction. The LEDs people are using are grow leds. Not just any led will do. The technology going into LEDs is unreal. Some lights hook to a computer. They have plant stress sensors and change the spectrum according to the stress level and light needs of the plants. It's unreal. Their amazing. The only downfall is the price. You won't get a top shelf led for less than a $1000

Thanks for sharing all the beautiful pictures! I'm a strong supporter of LED's, there's a lot of heated debate right now but in a few years time when the technology is even better there won't be any debates!

Back
Top Bottom