Finishing up grow room designs, need help.

durky

alright, I am making a new Flowering room. Following stinkbugs designs, slightly modified to fit my room.
here is a rough design ( don't mind the quick throw together)
flower_room1.png

1) under stingbugs design if I veg in a different room, for 1month will the roots be to long to put in to the 4" PVC fence post? If they are hard to transfer then I'll need to veg/ flower all 8 rails same time.

2) how on earth, can I connect my chiller to all 4 of my rubbermaids. I realized that the pump would be good for getting water in to the first tote.. but then how do I transfer it to the other tote.

OR should I just buy 4 small chillers 1 for each tote.

3) Does anyone know maximum yeild from 2" pots in aero?

Looking for any advice / tips.

If you have a better design for my 12x10 Room i'll gladly consider it. The budget needs to be under $15,000 while keeping power drawn as low as possible. I own my house, so I can do major modifications.

thank you,
~ Durky

:thumb:Looking Good!

FWIW, its "StinkbuD" not bug, but that's just me trying to give credit where its due.

1) Vegging for a month will definitely give you enough roots to work with. I'd say veg for about 2 weeks and you should be good, but you'll figure that out after your first run or two. I would probably SOG it because it will be a pain getting that root mass into the 1 3/4" opening for those little net pots. Just an FYI, don't make the holes 2" or your pots will fall though. Yeah I learned that the hard way!

2) Google "Wort Chiller" and put one in each res. Its a copper coil for just that purpose. You should have a manifold with the worts in parallel rather than in series. Thats so you aren't taking heat out of one res and transferring it to the next. One big chiller will be more efficient and cheaper than 4 little chillers. And don't pump your nutrient solution through your chiller/worts. Your chilling system should have its own independent res, and just pump tap water through.

3) A LOT! Don't let the 2" size fool you, those roots will take over the inside of those fence posts completely.

You'll probably want to bump up your pump size, I dont know if 396 GPH will be enough for those lengths of rails.

*edit* one more thing, put you reservoirs in the middle rather than on the end. You'll have to put them on a decline into your res and I don't know of an easy way to link those posts together.

Good Luck!
:Namaste:
-Monkey

:thumb:Looking Good!

FWIW, its "StinkbuD" not bug, but that's just me trying to give credit where its due.

1) Vegging for a month will definitely give you enough roots to work with. I'd say veg for about 2 weeks and you should be good, but you'll figure that out after your first run or two. I would probably SOG it because it will be a pain getting that root mass into the 1 3/4" opening for those little net pots. Just an FYI, don't make the holes 2" or your pots will fall though. Yeah I learned that the hard way!

2) Google "Wort Chiller" and put one in each res. Its a copper coil for just that purpose. You should have a manifold with the worts in parallel rather than in series. Thats so you aren't taking heat out of one res and transferring it to the next. One big chiller will be more efficient and cheaper than 4 little chillers. And don't pump your nutrient solution through your chiller/worts. Your chilling system should have its own independent res, and just pump tap water through.

3) A LOT! Don't let the 2" size fool you, those roots will take over the inside of those fence posts completely.

You'll probably want to bump up your pump size, I dont know if 396 GPH will be enough for those lengths of rails.

*edit* one more thing, put you reservoirs in the middle rather than on the end. You'll have to put them on a decline into your res and I don't know of an easy way to link those posts together.

Good Luck!
:Namaste:
-Monkey

awesome, Thanks. :)

I am probably just Vegging for 20 days, With FIMing at least once.

I'm actually going to look at upgrading to 6-8" round pvc pipe, because of the length of the tubes. this way the roots get way more room. by the looks of it i'll be SOG just due to the simple fact that it is going to be a very big hassle trying to put those roots in.

today after work i'll try to figure out if 396 gph will produce enough pressure. if not i'll upgrade to the next size.

Back
Top Bottom