First All LED Grow - Advice Welcome

DutchGuerre

Hi my setup is currently a dr60 secret jardin soon to swap for my bud box large 2m height, I have previously been using a 250w cfl and later added a 50w tri band led ufo as I was keen to see the results with led, having only ever used it with the cfl I did see a difference in the plant it sat above consistently so decided to try an all led grow and purchased a 90w tri band led ufo which Im using in conjunction with the 50w, I have an feminised auto afghan kush in an 11 ltr pot and a selection of lemon thai kush, big bud #2, Sleestack x skunk#1, a seed from jamaican weed and 2 from some thai I had a while back, all regulars.
My foods are just bio bizz veg at the moment but will use canna terra flores, boost accelerator & pk 13/14, along with sugar peak catalyst.
My soil is a seedling and clone mix from John Innes and an all purpose mix also.
I intend to keep my light on 18/6 until the afghan auto is finished by which time I will have transfered the lemon thai kush, Sleestack, big bud and one thai into 6.5 ltr pots so I can then go to 12/12. Im not using any extraction at the moment but would like to have a good air flow so will connect 3 pc fans together and then on to the ducting just for some healthy air changes my temps at present are perfect but then its spring/summer time and I will buy a grow room heater in the winter if I have any problems.
Can any one offer any advice im no novice just new to all led grows

Hey there, sounds like you have some fun strains goin =]

I love LED.. Been using it exclusively. This will be my first successful premium strain grow (I killed my first couple grows for reasons unrelated to light.). My last grow worked out well for a random bag seed.

You'll enjoy the LED. Make sure to keep it close to your plants. To me it sounds like you might not have enough coverage though, as you're using some large pots and you have.. seven plants?
Could be wrong though. Hard to visualize.. take some pics! :popcorn:

:welcome:

20130510_031245.jpg
20130510_031216.jpg
20130510_031207.jpg

Im unsure if I should ,I think the term is called sea of green, with say 8 or 9 autos in 6.5 ltr pots so I constantly harvest every 2 weeks approximately or if I should go with manuals doing 5 in 11 ltr pots and vegging approx 6-8 weeks, I want my second 90w to be the prakasa brand as there as spectrum is wider than the 90w I have I'm unsure of the brand of it it just have an info sticker on it that says led grow light and want to see if this makes a difference

looking good, i think adding more ufo's is a good idea with that many plants, especially in flower. i went crazy this grow and have 80w per sq ft. of led. stop by my journal sometime, got great pics of my lights and a week and a half from harvest so you can really see how well the lights did.

good job so far.

:Namaste:

Also my first led grow I made a 32 in x 52 in panel im anxious to see how it will work ..I tested it in a box for 1 week on a seedling and had pretty impressive results. Hope you don't mind me showing you a couple pics on your thread. Check out the rest in my gallery if you want, and gl with your grow
012537.JPG
100_14375.JPG
092_2_.jpg

20130520_115342.jpg
20130520_115332.jpg

The leaves are showing apparent signs of calcium and magnesium deficiency I need to find a supplement that contains this. Other wise things are looking good the new led is great or maybe I just think it is I placed it above my auto and it grown loads already however I found a topping and pruning vid on YouTube and currently trying some bonzai pruning technique and also planted a tomato in a small pot
20130520_115320.jpg
20130520_115311.jpg
20130520_115305.jpg

Dutch does that LED really promote budding like a hps , you know dense and healthy ? my first time , but I already added a couple of those screwy cfl ( a 26 w that's 100w equivelent and a 68 w that's 300w equivalent.. I have two 1000w hps/mh and a 400w mh/hps but its way to hot down here in the south right now... last run we used them though

So far ive only grown led with back up from 250w cfl however the plants that sat below it in the past had dense thick buds fingers crossed this works for me or I will buy a new dimmable digital ballast at 400w or 600w

i havent had a problem with bud density. here's a pic of my last grow, a non-premium bag seed.. wasn't a great grow, but only because of the quality of the weed it came from lol. this was grown under two ufo led lights. (one for each plant)

as you can see though there's no problem with density. this was full to the end of the stem, and was actually the tip of a bud about 6 inches long that i broke into smaller ones for jarring.

IMG_0620_1_.JPG

Back
Top Bottom