First Attempt At Making Hash

These days I most just use the 45 micron bag for collecting. I strain with the 220 and 190 micron bags, but I’m sure some cotton/whatever material would work fine as well. After that it all goes through the 45.
I don’t generally bother with the finest (25 micron) bag- it’s a pain to use and the hash collected isn’t worth the trouble.

My brother and I grew some Afghani outdoors this year. We stripped the dried buds into a 5gal bucket, threw in a few chunks of dry ice, swirled it around for a few minutes, slipped a 120 micron bag on the bucket, flipped it over and shook it over a glass table. This is the result. Very tasty and stoney. :hookah:

Attachments

• 20191015_131514.jpg
    20191015_131514.jpg
    367.5 KB · Views: 176
My brother and I grew some Afghani outdoors this year. We stripped the dried buds into a 5gal bucket, threw in a few chunks of dry ice, swirled it around for a few minutes, slipped a 120 micron bag on the bucket, flipped it over and shook it over a glass table. This is the result. Very tasty and stoney. :hookah:
Thanks everyone. 16 grams from this morning's efforts. The taste reminds me of stuff we got on the east coast in the early 70s. :hookah:

@Fredwak nice chunk, is that pressed? Wondering how many grams you got. Cheers!

Hahaha we just posted at exactly the same time

@Fredwak nice chunk, is that pressed? Wondering how many grams you got. Cheers!
16 or so. Only used the thinnest, buds. The rest makes for a tasty smoke on its own. Have some more yet to harvest. Maybe I'll take some pics of the next hash making session. Made a small batch of mixed bud trim: AK-47, White widow and Durban poison. More potent than the Afghani but not as tasty. Thanks! Oh yes, it's pressed with a small hammer press. :hookah:

Very cool @Fredwak . I've been thinking about getting one of those small presses. Have made bubble hash a couple years in a row but just let the paste dry without pressing.

Have read that heating while pressing is good too. I always get something nice that resembles the Blonde and Browns from the 70s. Wondering how the classic Black is made differently.

Very cool @Fredwak . I've been thinking about getting one of those small presses. Have made bubble hash a couple years in a row but just let the paste dry without pressing.

Have read that heating while pressing is good too. I always get something nice that resembles the Blonde and Browns from the 70s. Wondering how the classic Black is made differently.
From what I've been reading, some use hash oil to bind the kief, that would make it black, shiny and softer but the traditional methods dry and age the herb in the dark and after screening the kief, they age that for a couple months before they even press it.

From what I've been reading, some use hash oil to bind the kief, that would make it black, shiny and softer but the traditional methods dry and age the herb in the dark and after screening the kief, they age that for a couple months before they even press it.
I really think that drying , not curing per se ,and aging process is what gives that smell and flavor to those great smokes we got in the 70s. What i don't know or see is the lung expanding effect of some of those hashes and strains like Columbian red. Where does that come from?

Black hash had small amounts of heroin in it and that made it black. Never smoked it but a few friends did. If it wasn't blonde or brown I didn't touch it. Like all good things there's always an ass to ruin it. All in the name of profit.

@Spectre I'm not saying you're wrong, not at all, but Hmmm. Sounds like conjecture. You know, "stoner-speak". I had heard back in those days that there was black hash laced with opium, but that may have been BS too. Refined opiates are expensive. As kids we were still only paying $8 or $10 a gram for black. Only once, I smoked a bit of opium (supposedly) way back in those days - it was a total madman

Awe man! @Weaselcracker Give it up man. How do you make that shit? Well the first one looks like shit anyway LMAO I almost produced my cheese sandwich out my nose. That's beautiful. I'd love to make something like that. Top drawer dude!

Black hash had small amounts of heroin in it and that made it black. Never smoked it but a few friends did. If it wasn't blonde or brown I didn't touch it. Like all good things there's always an ass to ruin it. All in the name of profit.
In the mid 70s my friend, who was getting out of the army, mailed some stuff home from his base in Germany . He called me to his house after he got back and said he had picked up his packages from Germany. In the back of a stereo reciever he pulled out a couple flat, soles of two kinds of hash: chokin' red and bubblegum black. The red was excellent, spicy, lung expanding, so hard you had to heat it just to scrape some off the chunk. The black was common, cheaper than the red and no way had any heroin in it. It wasn't as potent as the red. I had heard of opiated hash back then but never tried it. :hookah:

@Spectre I'm not saying you're wrong, not at all, but Hmmm. Sounds like conjecture. You know, "stoner-speak". I had heard back in those days that there was black hash laced with opium, but that may have been BS too. Refined opiates are expensive. As kids we were still only paying $8 or $10 a gram for black. Only once, I smoked a bit of opium (supposedly) way back in those days - it was a total madman
Think you should research how opium is made. It cheap and easy just like mari j the poppy is easy to grow. And refinement is done by collecting sap from poppy bud. Put in jars and let settle and separate. What floats to top is opium what lies just under opium is black tar heroin. What makes it expensive is the addiction. I lived in those day's.

Think you should research how opium is made. It cheap and easy just like mari j the poppy is easy to grow. And refinement is done by collecting sap from poppy bud. Put in jars and let settle and separate. What floats to top is opium what lies just under opium is black tar heroin. What makes it expensive is the addiction. I lived in those day's.
I got some stuff called "the one" in Chicago in the 70s. This guy had little vials with a little instruction paper and a little pipe with each vial. It was an expensive mixture of opium and some kind of hash or kief. The top of the vial had a little stick that, when pulled out, had a bit of the stuff that you would roll up and put in the pipe. We got a glass oil pipe so the flame wouldn't destroy the opium and tried it. Pretty different high than just hash......zzzzzzzzz!

Back
Top Bottom