First attempt at super cropping, slight mishap, what ya think?

pointer80

Ok all, this was my first attempt at super cropping my first plant and as luck would have it I split the stalk a little so I had to splint and tape it. I also used some plant wire to wire some of where I cropped the branches. I probably going a little overboard on the side of caution but I have first time jitters lol. Please look at pics and give me your opinions. Thanks all.

Attachments

• IMG_5942.JPG
    IMG_5942.JPG
    553.3 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_5943.JPG
    IMG_5943.JPG
    615.7 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_5945.JPG
    IMG_5945.JPG
    583.9 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_5946.JPG
    IMG_5946.JPG
    552 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_5947.JPG
    IMG_5947.JPG
    525.4 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_5948.JPG
    IMG_5948.JPG
    695.3 KB · Views: 174
Hey Pointer! She's a healthy looking plant! Lol we've all been through snapping a branch or two. She looks like she'll heal up to me! :goodluck: You've done a great job patching her up. It should make a knuckle and should be healed up within the next 2 weeks.

I have a friend that grows a ton of plants at a time, He smashes the crap out of his plants supercroping them and it would take forever to baby his plants otherwise. What you done will repair itself fine even if you left it bent over. He splits his stocks and don't even patch them up, your doing the right thing.

Ok all, this was my first attempt at super cropping my first plant and as luck would have it I split the stalk a little so I had to splint and tape it. I also used some plant wire to wire some of where I cropped the branches. I probably going a little overboard on the side of caution but I have first time jitters lol. Please look at pics and give me your opinions. Thanks all.
as others stated looking good ...I keep a roll of tape and wooden skewers with me when im super cropping ….breaks and splits are part of the trade ...I have had sections snap completely off , stuck it right back on taped it up and it was healed several days later . When you have a split or break you just want to make the repair as air tight as possible to prevent infection ...hell I watched one grower that squirted elmers glue in the splits before he taped them up.

my experience with supercropping has been mostly a miss. have not seen any noticible difference except the knuckle looking cool. also a couple times have had noticeably stunted growth on the supercropped branch itself.

IMO only use for it is if you are growing indoors and your plant is growing too close to the light. which equates to user miscalculation in the first place.

hope it turns out well, i have snapped a branch straigh off and splinted it back to produce something, but nothing special

if outdoors and trying to induce some stress just top/FIM the plant and then defoliate a few times throughout the grow to simulate animal damage to the plant. thats what im doing this years outdoor

Back
Top Bottom