First Auto Grow in a Bloombox

jg106256

Hey everyone out there.
This is my first attempt at creating a journal and I welcome any and all feedback as to how I can make this better. I will try to keep pics updated for everyone.

Here is what is going on: I have a BCNL Bloombox(All in One Grow Box | The Bloombox V3.0) that I have had in storage for about 2 years. I used it in college to get my feet wet in hydro and plus I needed the grow to be as concealed as possible. So, now I am using this box for a perpetual auto grow. I just planted 5 seeds yesterday, 3 northern lights and 2 blueberry. I also planted one of the free fem seeds that says its pineapple chunk. I am also using the eco grow pots(https://420growingsystems.3dcartstores.com/420growpots) and Happy Frog soil. I wanted to use Roots Organic but they were all out at my store. Also, since I am trying to stay organic I will only use an organic liquid bloom fert as needed.

Thanks to all out there that have a helpful word to share.

Subscribed.

I just finished a grow with a BCNL Producer. You aren't planning on using soil in the Veg chamber are you? Soil is recommended for the Mother plant only and rockwool or hydroton for the plants in the hydro system. I have found that mother plants are not required for perpetual harvests, as you can just take a clone of a plant that is about to go into flower, veg the clone, then put it into flower before the original plant is done flowering. This way you can stagger your harvest so you always have some cannabis drying and curing and some ready to consume, while you have a few different plants at different stages of life. Some going into flower, some half done, some ready to harvest. The Bloombox Flowers 9 plants to maturity. IF you stagger your cloning properly, you can put 3 plants in every month and stagger you harvest by a month. 3 plants one month harvest, replaced by 3 clones. The next month, you harvest another 3 plants and replace them.. next month, same thing. repeat until you got it on lock down.

Feel free to shoot me a message if there is anything you would like to know about the BCNL growboxes. Dont know your location, but i live close to where they are manufactured in BC, and have lots of contact with the sales reps as well as techs that put the boxes together.

Happy growing, and feel free to stop by my Completed BCNL Producer Multi Strain Grow

Thats the link. I will also be starting a new journal with the Producer, featuring 4-6 white widow clones. Check my signature for that link coming soon.

Congratulations on getting your Bloombox going again!

20140720_165031.jpg
20140720_165027.jpg

Here is day 3 of the autos.
They are in soil on the veg side of my bloom box. I'm thinking that this is wise until they show flower and then I can put them into the flowering chamber.

Hey Greenthumb J,
It sure sounds like you've got the BCNL grow style down pretty good. I am not using the hydro tub since I am trying to keep this simple and soil seems to save time over hydro for me. I also didn't want to have to buy too many nutes.
I will run out of auto seeds soon so that is why I am also starting a pineapple chunk for a mother. Then maybe I will try to do a scrog in the box. We will see.
Do you think co2 is really necessary in these cabs?

Any bloom box users out there got any extra can filters?? I forgot that I had to get one special from BCNL at $139 each.
It's not like I won't buy it cause I gotta have a filter but just curious on anyone else's thoughts and , hey, maybe somebody has an extra they don't need.
Anyone ever scrogged in a bloom box?

Any bloom box users out there got any extra can filters?? I forgot that I had to get one special from BCNL at $139 each.
It's not like I won't buy it cause I gotta have a filter but just curious on anyone else's thoughts and , hey, maybe somebody has an extra they don't need.
Anyone ever scrogged in a bloom box?

check out my journal.. i built my own DWC's to replace the 18 site hydro tub, and built a scrog for my flowering plants.. best advice, put them into 12/12 sooner than you think.. they will hit the glass in no time!

You really should try the hydro tub. Its all fully automated, you really only have to change the water reservoirs every week. If you run a live environment in your reservoir, theres no need to fully drain the tubs. Just top off with your fresh nutrient solution solution, make sure theres lots of beneficial bacteria in the root zone, and that your water temps stay below 72F and above 61F.

Plus looking at your set up, the soil pots give you even less height to grow with, in an already short package. If you want any sort of yield, dont listen to the sales reps at BCNL.. smaller is not better! thats what they told me and i went with a producer at over double the price of their 8-man Tent package which would allow me to grow taller wider plants, that produce more quality meds.

to utilize the small flowering space these boxes give us, training methods like LST, topping, FIMing and Light Addicts "Fluxing" techniques would provide us the most bud sites exposed to the lights, hopefully giving us a better yield.

Personally, i would stick to the hydro set up these boxes were geared for. Might cost you a little more in nutrients, sure, but you will have faster vegetative periods, thus giving you more harvests per year. And if you try my idea of staggering your harvests between the 9 sites you have in your flower chamber, you will always have some gear to smoke on! Just my two pennies, actually shit.. we dont have pennies anymore in canada!!!

I think the BCNL boxes are a great idea, they just need to work out some kinks in their designs. Like make them taller, angle the hydro tub to the front where the water pump sits so more water/nutes get pumped out of the reservoir, better air circulation, ability to attach ducting to the air intake to get cooler air from another room/outside, a trellis(scrog) built into the box, the ability to attach ducting to the carbon filter so you can duct the hot air out of the room the box sits in. Many things i would change to make it better, but i guess we just have to adapt to it dont we?

as far as Co2. no. Co2 isn't necessary as long as you keep your box relatively close to where you inhabit the house. Meaning if its tucked away in a corner in a basement, there will be less Co2 in the air as opposed to the amount you and your family breathe into the main areas of the house, thus less that the box sucks in. Plants seem to love the Co2 humans give off as much as supplemented Co2 i have read. I haven't gotten a Co2 tank yet so i cant say for sure how much it affects overall yield, and i will be going on to only my second grow in one of these boxes.

If I could only figure out how to make the pics rotate

usually when you upload the picture to your computer, you can view it in Windows Photo Viewer. There will be a rotate photo button. Press this until your photo is correct, then save it! voila! you should have properly angled photos now!

Yes they are NL and BB. They all sprouted and are doing well except for one of the NL's. The one NL is slower and stumpy but since I do not have others to choose from right now, I will see what I can get off of it.
I also have a freebie fem seed of pineapple chunk(PC) from Barney's that I planted. I am hoping that when my auto seeds run out that I can use some of the PC clones and run hydro on the flower chamber. I am only going soil with these autos because it just keeps it a little simpler.

Crike!! I never got an option to rotate.
If this is how it's gonna be I don't think I can ask anyone to look.
Sorry folks.

Sorry, i read that they are Northern Lights and Blueberrry, which you just confirmed in your reply, but you didn't confirm that they were in fact autoflowering strains. IT says auto grow in your title, but i just wasnt sure with the strain choices..

Crike!! I never got an option to rotate.
If this is how it's gonna be I don't think I can ask anyone to look.
Sorry folks.

what operating system are you using on your PC/laptop? when you upload a picture, then double click it to view, what program is used to open the photo?

Sorry, i read that they are Northern Lights and Blueberrry, which you just confirmed in your reply, but you didn't confirm that they were in fact autoflowering strains. IT says auto grow in your title, but i just wasnt sure with the strain choices..
Sorry about that. Yep, total auto until the seeds run out. Except for that one pineapple chunk fem. I got about 20 auto seeds and then 3 freebie auto seeds from the attitude. Went with the NL to grow first because of the short 50-65 day flowering time. Tired of paying for it and ready for my own supply.

What I am trying to do is plant 5 seeds at a time. I have a bloom box and a BCNL roommate as well. I am hoping to put the 3 NL in the bloom box and the 2 BB in the roommate. I am hoping that there will be enough room in each chamber so that the yield is not hampered.

Back
Top Bottom