First autoflower

LowcountrySC

Trying an autoflower and I am still new at this. She seems to be taking off all right. She's about 2.5 weeks old. I seem to have the germination, seedling stage, and veg down, but lost my first, which was my last grow, in the flowering stage. Have her on 18/6 and was wondering if ya'll had some good pointers on these autos. Thanks a bunch!

Attachments

• 20200417_153054.jpg
    20200417_153054.jpg
    919.1 KB · Views: 86
Don't overwater, if it's inside tent grow I'd hit that one with 8oz morning and check before bed.

Week or 10 days 16 ounce water, then up to 32 then 64. The idea is force it to grow roots seeking for more water. Drenching the pot at that stage will stunt.

Feed 1/4 strength nutes now, raise to 3/4 as quick as tolerated. Feed young and often. Mega Crop works good for that. I've hit 50ish Auto's with 2gm gal as soon as in final pot, then increased 1gm gal per week up to 5gm gal then 6gm for flower. Watch for nute burn leaf tips like usual.

Cal/Mag have it handy. Me as soon as they growth spurt 3ml/gal of the NPK 2.0.0 Cal mag every water. Autos love Cal mag.

Foliar feed at lights off, it supercharges small autos.

Light 20/4, from day one they are on a death timer so push light but don't 24/0.

LST and topping is fine. I'd top at 5th node and LST if it's a short squaty. If it's a long lanky skip topping and tie the top down lower than the node below it.

Seems to work for mine, routinely pull 3Z from high producing strains.

Trying an autoflower and I am still new at this. She seems to be taking off all right. She's about 2.5 weeks old. I seem to have the germination, seedling stage, and veg down, but lost my first, which was my last grow, in the flowering stage. Have her on 18/6 and was wondering if ya'll had some good pointers on these autos. Thanks a bunch!
What Is your Temperature and humidity at? Light size and type. What size grow container and medium? Sorry lots of questions just trying to get a picture to help out

Water the thing properly instead of just dribbling a bit of water right next to the stem, unless you're trying to stunt root development.

Don't overwater, if it's inside tent grow I'd hit that one with 8oz morning and check before bed.

Week or 10 days 16 ounce water, then up to 32 then 64. The idea is force it to grow roots seeking for more water. Drenching the pot at that stage will stunt.

Feed 1/4 strength nutes now, raise to 3/4 as quick as tolerated. Feed young and often. Mega Crop works good for that. I've hit 50ish Auto's with 2gm gal as soon as in final pot, then increased 1gm gal per week up to 5gm gal then 6gm for flower. Watch for nute burn leaf tips like usual.

Cal/Mag have it handy. Me as soon as they growth spurt 3ml/gal of the NPK 2.0.0 Cal mag every water. Autos love Cal mag.

Foliar feed at lights off, it supercharges small autos.

Light 20/4, from day one they are on a death timer so push light but don't 24/0.

LST and topping is fine. I'd top at 5th node and LST if it's a short squaty. If it's a long lanky skip topping and tie the top down lower than the node below it.

Seems to work for mine, routinely pull 3Z from high producing strains.
Thanks for the info. She's in her final pot. Appears to be the short, squaty type. Also have mega crop. The pot is full of FFOF. That should be ok for awhile, shouldn't it, before starting the mega crop? Thanks.

What Is your Temperature and humidity at? Light size and type. What size grow container and medium? Sorry lots of questions just trying to get a picture to help out
Temp between 78 and 81. Humidity around 50. It's a bigger pot, but not sure of the exact size, with Fox Farm Ocean Forest. My light is a bit on the weak size. 102w at the wall blurple led. Here's a pic of the pot it's in.

Attachments

• 20200417_153038.jpg
    20200417_153038.jpg
    522.2 KB · Views: 57
Temp between 78 and 81. Humidity around 50. It's a bigger pot, but not sure of the exact size, with Fox Farm Ocean Forest. My light is a bit on the weak size. 102w at the wall blurple led. Here's a pic of the pot it's in.
If at all possible try to keep the grow area around 75 to 77. And at that stage humidity a little higher then 50%. Watering just make sure your not over doing it small plant doesn’t need a ton of water but being said watering the plant When ready should be a even watering not just a little around the plant. All in all the 102w from the wall is kinda low but without seeing specs on the light it’s anyone’s game. But anymore questions I’m more then happy to offer my .02 cents. Too make sure she has some air flow. Wasn’t sure if you have a fan going didn’t see that. You can try slowly adjusting to 20/4 schedule I’ve found some strains prefer 18/6 while other can get enough light. Just being a small plant that may be stunted ease more light too to but not too close. Too much stress on the auto and I’ve seen the hermie out too. Just remember to have fun with your grow. Making mistakes is how we learn we all have been there at one point.

If at all possible try to keep the grow area around 75 to 77. And at that stage humidity a little higher then 50%. Watering just make sure your not over doing it small plant doesn’t need a ton of water but being said watering the plant When ready should be a even watering not just a little around the plant. All in all the 102w from the wall is kinda low but without seeing specs on the light it’s anyone’s game. But anymore questions I’m more then happy to offer my .02 cents. Too make sure she has some air flow. Wasn’t sure if you have a fan going didn’t see that. You can try slowly adjusting to 20/4 schedule I’ve found some strains prefer 18/6 while other can get enough light. Just being a small plant that may be stunted ease more light too to but not too close. Too much stress on the auto and I’ve seen the hermie out too. Just remember to have fun with your grow. Making mistakes is how we learn we all have been there at one point.
I know i need a better light. Grew 3 plants in 3 gal pots up to 3ft tall last year with this loght. Just wasn't enough to finish them off. Hoping better luck with one plant. Have a fan on her at all times. I did lower the light a little the other day. Does pot size look sufficient? I know the Ocean Forest is a hot soil. How long before introducing mega crop? Thanks for your input.

I know i need a better light. Grew 3 plants in 3 gal pots up to 3ft tall last year with this loght. Just wasn't enough to finish them off. Hoping better luck with one plant. Have a fan on her at all times. I did lower the light a little the other day. Does pot size look sufficient? I know the Ocean Forest is a hot soil. How long before introducing mega crop? Thanks for your input.
Pot size is hard to tell from looking but should be sufficient. I usually grow in 5gallon fabric pots. The FFOF soil can for certain strains be a little hot and stunt. I used to cut it with 30% coco coir and add in more perlite too the FF for autos. If using it straight I like to place a red solo cup into soil to make a recess the size of the cup then fill the recess with coco coir and perlite mix. So the roots have time to grow before they hit the hot mix. Just makes a little buffer for them

Pot size is hard to tell from looking but should be sufficient. I usually grow in 5gallon fabric pots. The FFOF soil can for certain strains be a little hot and stunt. I used to cut it with 30% coco coir and add in more perlite too the FF for autos. If using it straight I like to place a red solo cup into soil to make a recess the size of the cup then fill the recess with coco coir and perlite mix. So the roots have time to grow before they hit the hot mix. Just makes a little buffer for them
I actually mixed with perlite and dug out the middle and used FF Happy Frog to get her started.

Hey Low Country. I'm Low Country too and thank God for our early Spring. I'm outside only and mine popped out March 1st.hopefully will be harvesting in 45 days.
Hey Slick! Looks good! I'm still new to this, so I'm taking it slow. Have one indoors and one outdoors. Trying to see what works best for me.

Hey Slick! Looks good! I'm still new to this, so I'm taking it slow. Have one indoors and one outdoors. Trying to see what works best for me.
What soil and nutes are you using? Just morning sun, or all day? I have 3 secluded acres and would really like to go this route, rather than indoors. Thanks.

What soil and nutes are you using? Just morning sun, or all day? I have 3 secluded acres and would really like to go this route, rather than indoors. Thanks.
Can of new too.Grew some autos last year for the first time.Just started growing last year.Should have been doing it for the past 30yrs.
Anyway I'm using a compost .Its called Tomato maker. You suppose to mix it,but I use it straight up.Has fish meal,cow manure and perlite. I use 4 to 5 gallon pots.Anything over is wasteing soil.Think it's made in Reesville.Lowcountry should know where that's at.Also light feeding every week.

Can of new too.Grew some autos last year for the first time.Just started growing last year.Should have been doing it for the past 30yrs.
Anyway I'm using a compost .Its called Tomato maker. You suppose to mix it,but I use it straight up.Has fish meal,cow manure and perlite. I use 4 to 5 gallon pots.Anything over is wasteing soil.Think it's made in Reesville.Lowcountry should know where that's at.Also light feeding every week.
Cool. Tomato Maker is the brand name? How much light and what are you feeding them? Sorry, just trying to gather info since we have the same climate. Is that Reevesville? Did you order this , or pick up? Thanks again.

Mine are getting a good 8 hrs and increasing everyday.

Cool. Tomato Maker is the brand name? How much light and what are you feeding them? Sorry, just trying to gather info since we have the same climate. Is that Reevesville? Did you order this , or pick up? Thanks again.
Reeseville sorry.Not at big name stores. Just your local stores.As far as feeding just using organic miracle grow.Im not a fancy grower since I have a job and cant put the proper time in,but have had results I'm happy with.Low stress training works good too if done early.

Soon as the round bottom baby leaves turn yellow I'd feed in FFOF. In FF Happy Frog I feed 1/4 strength as soon as they go from rapid rooter to final pot.

Using less than great lights I'm averaging 3oz dry. Got my first run using a Budget LED 250w with two ts600 100w. Should be interesting. Side note I do use 7 gal pots I get a better yield with those over 5 gal.

Soon as the round bottom baby leaves turn yellow I'd feed in FFOF. In FF Happy Frog I feed 1/4 strength as soon as they go from rapid rooter to final pot.

Using less than great lights I'm averaging 3oz dry. Got my first run using a Budget LED 250w with two ts600 100w. Should be interesting. Side note I do use 7 gal pots I get a better yield with those over 5 gal.
I'm quite certain my pot is over 5g. I'm thinking maybe 6g. The entire pot is FFOF, except for a little bit of the middle, which is FFHF. My thinking is that since it's a large pot, I shouldn't need nutes for awhile? At least a few weeks? What are you using to feed your plants?

I use Mega Crop nutes, one powder from seed to harvest, 6 plants cost $5. I used GH 3 part grow system before but you don't feed every time like mega Crop using GH.

Autoflowering are on a death timer from the minutes you pop the bean. They seedling, veg, flower then die.

I used to wait 3 weeks to feed but yields were lowish, guy in this forum said feed immediately so I gave it a shot. Yields increased noticably.

Gotta figure 3 weeks is 1/3 of the plants life cycle.

I'm not saying dump a gallon of 1/4 strength on a seedling. 8 - 16 ounce of mega 1/4 a day. Increase 1gm/gal a week. You're training the plant to accept nutes, wait until week 3 and you'll be hard pressed to reach 5/6 strength before they flower.

Just watch for leaf tips that look burnt, if they look burnt back off a little. With Mega Crop the bottom leaves never yellow at the end. Since the plant is in full health and not canabilizing lower leaves it gives good yields.

Back
Top Bottom