First Basement Grow On A Budget

Well ladies and gents, this has been a decent thread and you all have been so kind... Due to time restraints I will be posting my last post on this Journal tonite, with the finished new and improved, and almost finished LOL grow area. My personal grow circle has come to the clone give away part of our outdoor grows... So as I was expecting it to be more like two weeks from now, I need to speed up the change over...Going through the final stages of set up starting Monday, and ending tomorrow... The final step consists of adjusting lights, and an overall decontamination routine.. A really good friend of the family works for an unnamed company that does housing restorations... He came and sprayed Mon. and will again tomorrow with some Earth friendly compounds.. Also gave me a few traps to try out to be used for mold control, and some bugs...
..... Thursday starts the inaugural run of my perpetual... Planning on starting with about 25 clones ish... We will see on that...
Green days to all, and good luck with all your endeavours may they be fruitful, and banana free LOL

Ok so as promised, I took some preliminary pics of the new room... There are a few things missing as of now... The door is not in yet, as I don't need it yet.. They ventilation for winter time is in house, but not installed yet as I don't need it yet no need for filter at all...Have two brand new 30 Amp breakers dedicated to the room, but have not installed outlets yet as I don't know exactly where I am gonna put them...
.... Ok so first off is the the seedling/cloning area.... It is 2.5x3.25x3.75 in measure... We decided after much investigating both on here, and other's personal grows, that we would make this area a little more compact... It will help in so many ways, however it will help with heating during winter, and we have a wall built to seal in front if we decide to have different light schedules between the two rooms... It also will be easier to have cheaper lighting in there as well without sacrificing production... I have a couple of 2 foot flouros that are carrying two 6500 k, 2400 lumen bulbs each for this room as well as several overall cfls... All this carries Only an amazing 125 watt max... Should be lit up like Wally World, and I promise a light show with the new thread....
... A few pics
20180703_184104_HDR[1].jpg
20180703_184110_HDR[1].jpg
20180703_184205_HDR[1].jpg
20180703_184230_HDR[1].jpg
20180703_184257_HDR[1].jpg

.... Also in the pic is a nifty little light fixture a buddy gave me, gonna spray it Super Silver again, and with two adjustable light fixtures will be perfect for cfl upper side lighting.... I will be raising the Power strip Thanks Doogs.., and lowering the lights about 12 inches or so depending on clone sizes I get... Probably gonna leave lights about 12 inches above canopy for now.... With multiple lights in the area I can also lower one to meet seedling needs..

.....Next up is the main veg area... This measures an astounding 4x5x7 which is a small fortress compared to the old area.. The wall was build out of several treated 2x3's with a top and bottom plate gaped 1 inch for mold reducing air flow.. This grow is in a half finished basement... It is however in the finished part... Pictured also in pictures are the wires for dedicated circuit for this room, open doorway soon to door.. Gonna wait till temps dictate... The door I have settled on is an Old Screen door outta a cabin style mini house... Hey, the measurements were right.. LOL... It also has alot of good rubber on it, and has been Rhino line sprayed.. Not my idea, just an added bonus... The lighting for this area will be Timber Cob lights... Citizens at 4x50 watts will definately up the game hear.. Special thanks right here for Sweet Sue and her special gift... Along with the Timber lights I will probably install a couple of 4 foot flouros with 4 light bulbs each.. I already have the red and blue spectrum bulbs for those and will throw in some super white light bulbs as well... Again just like Wally World LMAO... Pics

20180703_184628_HDR[1].jpg
20180703_184543_HDR[1].jpg
20180703_184537_HDR[1].jpg
20180703_184407_HDR[1].jpg
20180703_184336_HDR[1].jpg

..... So with this last post I finish off this journal... It was kinda fun, mostly a frustrating attempt at a half ass grow room for the purpose of growing plants to go outdoors... The new room is being put together for a perpetual grow so it has taken time, planning and more money than my cheap ass wanted to spend... LMAO... I would like to further say to those who stuck around or stopped by that the entire idea behind this journal was to show folks that are budget strapped that with a little hard work, and recycling you can grow plants.. However it is painfully obvious that one must be alot more critical when setting up to grow only indoors.. More things need to be in place before you button down the hatches.. Thanks to those who "gifted" or helped in any way to get this thing off the ground I have been fortunate to have those of you who have helped and laughed and cried RIP Carmelle ( Camille's Sis) she gave herself up for the better good.
..... So with that One Last GREEN DAYS FRIENDS....

...... Administration, this journal is at its completion... Plz move it to the appropriate area... Thank You for all your work...

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom