First CFL Grow: AK-47 automatic and Cheese

Also some pictures of my 1st clones that are ready to move into their new blooming dark room as soon as those new lights arrive!

IMG_25653.JPG

IMG_25661.JPG

So I harvested both autoflowering plants and this is what the roots looked like. Do they look healthy or do they seem to have had a problem? I've noticed that water uptake has gone down nearing harvest, also true with the cheese. Is this normal?

IMG_25821.JPG

IMG_25841.JPG

I took the stem and split it in a half to see if there was a problem. I just realized that's Napoleon in the background from a bottle of cognac

IMG_25853.JPG

I looked at the interior but there doesn't seem to be anything wrong. It's hard to focus the camera on such a little thing

IMG_25891.JPG

IMG_25882.JPG

hi mate your roots look very un healthy looks to be waterlogged......you will need less water next time round and make sure you got decent drainage holes in your pots......hope this helps........be lucky weedtastic

Thanks, I'll try using a more aerated mix the next time. My second grow will be a mix of coco and perlite.

I've been away busy with work, that's why I haven't posted anything for a while. A lot has happened in the meantime. These are photos the harvest of the two autoflowering. They were a decent smoke.

IMG_25913.JPG

IMG_25925.JPG

I just realized I hadn't given a name to my Cheese, so looking at this picture, I decided to call it Hydra, after the LSTing it looks like a many headed monster.

IMG_2595.JPG

Many of the pistils are turning brow, so it's nearing harvest time

IMG_2597.JPG

Here are the buds after harvesting. I was quite late and I was a bit tired at the time, so I left the trimming for the next day.

IMG_2627.JPG

IMG_2629.JPG

IMG_26331.JPG

These are the buds after trimming. It took longer than I expected!

IMG_26362.JPG

I'm going to leave them like this for a week and then I'll cure them using the paper bag method. I didn't weigh the total harvest, but for one plant I find it was plentiful.

This is the final product that is curing in jars. This represents about 3/4 of the total harvest, the other fourth is already gone up in smoke!

IMG_2646.JPG

I must say that this is some potent bud! After a couple of tokes it gets you high, and the duration is variable depending on the quantity smoked, normally about one hour after a joint. The weed smells very fresh and minty and the buds are plenty of resin. After the trimming, I scraped some resin from the shears and rolled myself a hash joint. I've hadn't had hash for while, so it felt like toasting with glass of champagne to this beautiful harvest. I must say I'm quite satisfied from this first grow, it fulfilled my expectations and I learned a lot on the way. My project for next summer is to learn how to make hash. In the meantime, my second grow is already up, it's also Cheese but I'm using a slightly larger tent, and a combination of LEDs I bought from Cammie from Hydro Grow Led and warm CFLs.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress - 420 Magazine

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom