First Clones in Some Deep Water Culture Action

erwqew

Ok, so I finally got 2 clones to take during my first and only grow. Last time around I had 3 out of 3 seeds take and 2 turned out male, learned a tonne.

My one female also known as "The redheaded stepchild" has given me 2 clones to work with. This is there STOREY.......

Thanks for joining me on my journey with these ladies,
DSC_000329.JPG

The start of something special. I put the mylar at the back and a white styrofoam on the sides to help retain heat. In my zone I need a little extra heat, lol
DSC_000426.JPG
DSC_000527.JPG

This is it, my system will use a rez in this Deep Water Culture due to the fact that my plants are left for considerable time alone. The plan, have the lower tub, a Rez pump into and through the top tub and overflow back into the bottom one once a day. This will keep growing tub topped up and exchange fluid as well. Sorta a cross between Ebb and Flow and Deep Water Culture, I know , growing from 1000 miles away can be a challenge at best, lol
DSC_000622.JPG
DSC_000722.JPG

These are them, Miss Blackberry is doing a little better than her twin but we will give them equal opportunity to flourish in this grow.

I want to thank you all for having a look in and checking out my site, I hope you check back often as I will certainly take in your operations as well.
To new friends and happy healthy medicine.
Cheers
:peacetwo:

OK so I finished off my grow area for my clones and early childhood development, lol...
Here is what I ended up with.
DSC_000623.JPG
DSC_000528.JPG

Ok so as I mentioned earlier I have the problem of leaving for several weeks at a time, therefore I require more rez.
You can see in the picture that I ditched the 4 ft tubes for a couple of 6500k CFL's. Adding to the system as well is the rez at the bottom, that sits directly on the concret floor which I am hoping is going to help in keeping things cooler. The hose in on the right side of the top tank is my fluid in from the lower rez and the hose just to the left of that is my overflow. This way my top tank remains at a specific level, approx. 1.5" from the bottom of the net pots. The rez at the bottom has a 80 GPH pump in it that transfers the water from bottom to top all day long, this also helps to keep the nuts mixed nicely. The air pump up top is the 802 and I have 2x 8" stones in that tank.

Thats about it on this one. Something I did run into at home depot was a really nice 1/4" sheet that is white on one side, great for closing in a space like this and it comes in a 4'x2' sheet for 3 dollars. Cheap.
Some other pictures of the area
DSC_000821.JPG
DSC_000723.JPG
DSC_000233.JPG

Thanks for checking in and I hope all is good for everyone

Yeh I am trying that to see if it works out ok.....
THe hose is actually a 1/2" ID on both the in and out but I have encased them in the 5/8" ID black hose to keep the light from reaching the water a little better. The 1/2" fits through there very easy and I think will work ok.

What are your thoughts on the recirculation in the DWC system MC?
:hookah:

Thanks 007, I cant wait to get back to them , its been 2 weeks and I have one more to go before I get home and see the results.

Ok just got home after 3 weeks away and ahhhhhhh, I am freakin out, what is up with these girls?
DSC_001018.JPG
DSC_000624.JPG
DSC_000529.JPG

Major concerns with the leaves, they looked great off the start. PPM on this was 421 and the temps good. Ph was at 6.0

Helps I am scared to loose these ladies

Is this grow still alive?
If so, please update us with some pictures and info...

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates…

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!...;)

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom