First Clones

HayStack

Actually, these are not the first clones I have ever grown. I have created a few a long long time ago when I was just a young man. But that was wayyyyyyy back in the 1980's. It's been a long time and I don't even remember exactly how I did it. The only thing I remember is that I used Rootone. But that's what everyone used back in the day. However, I could not find any Rootone anymore. I don't know if they stopped making it or if they just don't sell it in Kalifornia anymore.

So this time around I started off with nothing more than some Clonex, rockwool cubes, a cloning tray and dome. From what I have read, Clonex is the best thing going these days. Then I just used some plain old tap water. Luckily the water here is pretty good. Good enough to drink actually. The only nutrients I have used so far is Sea Green from Primordial Solutions. I didn't want to start with anything more potent than that. I started with one gallon of water and 1 ml of Sea Green I took some small rockwool cubes and soaked them in the water and Sea Green for about 30 minutes. I took a few cuttings, dipped them in the clonex and put them in small rockwool cubes. I put the cubes in the in the cloning tray and sprayed the tops with some of the solution as well, then sprayed the dome and covered the clones. The whole process took maybe 20 minutes.

It's been two days and at least they still look like they have life in them. If they live, they will be my next grow after my current indoor grow is done in a few months. All four of the clones are off of my Ultraviolence plant. I've never grown or smoked Ultraviolence before, but I have read it's some pretty potent stuff. So we will see. I'll probably end up taking cuttings from these for my outdoor grow as well. Spring is almost here after all. I'm going to push my planting up to the 1st of May instead of the third week of may like I did last year.

Anyway, here are a couple pics. I figure if they made it to day two, the'll be fine as long as I don't mess it up.
20180128_170013_1_.jpg
20180128_165933_1_.jpg

They look pretty good to me. I just started cloning not to long ago. I use a 5 gallon diy bucket cloner and I just use plain tap water along with z7 and they came out pretty good.

20171003_200140.jpg

20170318_141831.jpg

They look pretty good to me. I just started cloning not to long ago. I use a 5 gallon diy bucket cloner and I just use plain tap water along with z7 and they came out pretty good.

20171003_200140.jpg

20170318_141831.jpg

Dayum, that's a nice setup. I've seen them, but never used one. Maybe I'll have to invest in one if I start doing a lot of cloning.

Dayum, that's a nice setup. I've seen them, but never used one. Maybe I'll have to invest in one if I start doing a lot of cloning.

yeah it works pretty good. You can buy the materials and make your own like I did it's really fun to do and gave me a little sense of accomplishment.

Clone Update:
So its been a little over a month since I started this thread. All of the original clones are doing fine, but I added a few more. I was trimming the bottom of the plants and I cut off some nice lower branches. I figured cloning them was better than throwing them away. I' not exacly sure what I'm going to do with all of them. I'm going to use four of them for the next tent grow and maybe one or two of them for my summer outdoor grow. But I'm only going to do four outdoor plants and I want to get at least two Gorilla Glue clones from the dispensary. But I'll figure out something to do with them. Probably just keep cloning them for a while. :D

Update:
So I kind of went crazy with cloning. I now have 10 Ultra Violence and 5 Prism #1 clones and all are doing well. I put them outside in the 80 degree sun yesterday to see how they do. It went pretty good. Now I have enough for my next indoor grow in a couple weeks and my summer outdoor grow that I'll be starting next month.
The clone that is still under the dome is a clone of the Ultra Violence clone. Roots are just starting to come out, so I'll be potting it this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom