First dwarfs with LED

Juvoslav

420 Member
Hy,

I'm writing from Balkan, from country with silver football medal. :D

This is my first grow, and I choose royal dwarf automatic from RQS.

My box is old closet, dimension (with isolation) is 38cm width x 44cm depth x 110cm height.

In upper part of closet is toilet vent of 100m3/h of power, and this part is filled with rockwool for sound isolation, and exhaust goes through the wall outside.

This 2 plants was some random seeds just for testing the box. On this picture, this 2 plants was old 20 days. But after 12/12 time period, one showed to be man, a one female. So I put female plant outside on sunny hill for natural grow. :D

And other 5 picture is my royal dwarf number one. I have two plants of dwarf, but now I will only write about this one, because other is same like this.

Medium is soil, TerraBrill.

Now in vegetation, LED light is 51w, with combination from 3000k to 6500k. ( 3000k 9+9w, 4000k 11w, 6500k 11+11w)

Distance from top of plant is 25 cm (now 75000 lux ??).

Time period is 18/6, at night is 17-19C, at day is 23-27C.

I dont know, but I think that this dwarfs is growing slow. Today is fifth day of vegetation, you can see dimension of plant each day of vegetation.

The thing is that those two larger plants that were used to test boxing - in 80% of the time they grew at this power of light, with the fact that they experienced all sorts of stress while I was doing boxing (low temperature, wrong ventilation, wrong time settings), and in the end they again grown into solid plants.

But let’s forget those two old plants - I wonder if my dwarf is growing slow?

Attachments

• box.jpg
    box.jpg
    579.1 KB · Views: 70
  • v1.png
    v1.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 68
  • v2.png
    v2.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 60
  • v3.png
    v3.png
    1 MB · Views: 64
  • v4.png
    v4.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 59
  • v5.png
    v5.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 62
Did you put the Bigger female plant straight into the ground, or are you going to go bigger pot, she looks close to either needing water(slight wilt, pic is far away though) or up pot time. :yummy:

Your seedlings look perfect! No stretching and look FAT. Also, your space is roughly 15 inches X 17 inches x 3.5 feet tall and you have quite a few plants so don't go too long in Veg. Your night time temps are a little low, when I run 18/6 for Veg/Auto's I start the light at 8pm and shuts off at 2pm for energy savings and cooler to run light cycle at night and dark during peak hot hours at this time of year. You may be doing this already, if not, it's something to think about.

Old seedling Pic

Thanks to all! And sory for bad English. :D

Biger female plant was gift to friend, who grows weed only outdoor.And he said that she looks very good. :D He said that he will put it in hole in ground,with some expensive soil.

But that plant is no longer my problem.Now I want to male first grow with this dwarf automate.

Today I move lamps at 35cm distance from plants, so now is 50000 lux.Maybe plants was to close to light.But they looks very healty.

My plan is to keep one plant in box, and second to put outside on sun. :D

I will post new pictures how it looks tomorrow.

Alpha 23.05. - this is today picture of this plant, I call it Alpha. :D

Alpha is plant with pictures in top of this topic.

Beta is second plant, you can see she at 20.05., and today 23.05.

They both grows, maybe slower, but looks good.

So Beta in fourth day of vegetation, and Alpha is on seventh day. Next week they will go to bigger pot.

Night (dark) is from 10am to 4pm, because of still lower temperatures at real night.

When they sleep 6 hours, ventilation is off, but every one hour ventilation works for 15 minutes to refreash air.

Maybe to cycle them do 20/4 period? Will they grow faster with 20h of light?

Attachments

• Beta - 20.05..png
    Beta - 20.05..png
    1.7 MB · Views: 54
  • Beta - 23.05..jpg
    Beta - 23.05..jpg
    666.5 KB · Views: 45
  • Alpha - 23.05..jpg
    Alpha - 23.05..jpg
    728.7 KB · Views: 43
You can definitely run 20/4 but it's usually not necessary for Autos(unless specified as mentioned above). The ventilation off and on is fine, but I hope you have a circulation fan going 24/7. I run one in Veg to early flower during dark cycle(both lights on), then two for Mid to Late Bloom constantly(small clip on fans are fine). Otherwise, your little hatchlings are looking good. I like your seedling pots, you'll get 7-10 days out of those probably. Afterwards, they will be dying to get out of those small starters and get busy building ROOTS for future fruits. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Morning!

I'm still on 18/6 time period.

Here you can see plant called "Alpha" after 9 days and "Beta" after 7 days, and both of them together.

Is now to early to re-pot them?

I have 7 liter and 5 liter pots.

One will stay at box (7 liter), one will goes outside just before flowering stage.

Because I think that this box is too small for 2 plants? (0,2m2 = 0,1 sq/f)

Attachments

• Alpha - after 9 days.2.jpg
    Alpha - after 9 days.2.jpg
    979.3 KB · Views: 44
  • Alpha - after 9 days.jpg
    Alpha - after 9 days.jpg
    769.6 KB · Views: 49
  • Aplha&Beta.jpg
    Aplha&Beta.jpg
    641.3 KB · Views: 40
  • Beta - after 7 days.jpg
    Beta - after 7 days.jpg
    708.3 KB · Views: 47
If you up pot now there likely won't be enough roots to hold the rootball together. That isn't the best thing. In that pot I'd look again in 5 days or a week. If there's leaves growing to the pot rim give it a tip over in your hand and look, If there's lots of roots, go for it. I feel it's best to get the pots filled with roots before going to the next size. Watering frequency is a sign. If I have to water them every day or they wilt, it's time to up pot, Maybe a day or two sooner. I like to think I'm growing roots in veg. The rest comes easily with lots of roots.

Hey Juvoslav! I'm growing 2 of the Royal Dwarf Autos too (+2 Royal Jack) from RQS. This is my first grow and I'm doing an outdoor balcony grow, currently on day 20 (+/-), I was also thinking mine are growing a bit slowly despite getting close to 12 hours of strong, direct sunlight per day, I've added a few pictures to my journal several days ago here:

It will be interesting to see and compare how yours develop indoor and mine outdoors. If you can start a journal, that would be cool too!

If you up pot now there likely won't be enough roots to hold the rootball together. That isn't the best thing. In that pot I'd look again in 5 days or a week. If there's leaves growing to the pot rim give it a tip over in your hand and look, If there's lots of roots, go for it. I feel it's best to get the pots filled with roots before going to the next size. Watering frequency is a sign. If I have to water them every day or they wilt, it's time to up pot, Maybe a day or two sooner. I like to think I'm growing roots in veg. The rest comes easily with lots of roots.

Some great advice, I also know when the plant is as wide as the pot, maybe a day or two after that you should see roots in the drain holes. I have also experienced what seems to be a nutrient deficiency, but I know it isn't, just went to far in a small pot is all. Usually, I can't go more than 16-18 days in a pot without needing to go bigger, unless it's the final pot size. Your plants looks super healthy, just leave them be and once you get to the two weeks old mark, They start popping out a node every other day or so. Less is more when there this small. BABY them and don't over water and get to a stage where they can't handle stress more. YOU GOT THIS!! :peace:

Thanks!

In left plant is visible root in bottom drain hole. But I will leave them in this pot to sunday or monday, and then I will see what will happens.

And with those random seeds, I thought they were progressing slowly - so a “boom” happened in a couple of days. Pictures attached as they grew up in a date and they are now in the natural sun. :D

Attachments

• 04.05.2020..jpg
    04.05.2020..jpg
    615.6 KB · Views: 44
  • 09.05.2020..jpg
    09.05.2020..jpg
    778.1 KB · Views: 48
  • 18.05.2020..jpg
    18.05.2020..jpg
    556.1 KB · Views: 47
Today I repot them. Bigger one is now in 7.5 liter pot, and smaller in 5 liter. Box is small so this was only solution.

Maybe this plant in 5 liter pot will be planted outside on sun, but we will see in 2-3 weeks.

Attachments

• IMG_20200531_174925.jpg
    IMG_20200531_174925.jpg
    594.7 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20200531_181536.jpg
    IMG_20200531_181536.jpg
    814.6 KB · Views: 33
Back
Top Bottom