shagshop

First of i would like to say that it has taking me sometime to get to this point but with out further a do i bring to you my first Dwc Grow. At this point im at the start of week 4 it has been slow growth because i have already had some problems early on with algae and root rot, plus i had stunted growth from topping so my plant is not that big in height but with that said i believe i have now fixed my problems so far just waiting to see what the new growth looks like before i decide what needs to happen next. I am Going to tell you my setup, Nutrient line, lights, temp both grow room and water, brand and size of air pump how many air stones and what size rez, then also go through what problems i first had and also what i done to change/fix it. ( in hindsight probably should of started with the post at week 1 and asked question's along the way, i guess we live and learn).

So my grow room size is 1.2mx1.2mx2m and i have 2 400w lights and have small portable a/c unit. I am Using a 5gal (20 liters) rez with the Dutch Master Advanced nutrient line. My grow room temp stays bewteen 16c (60) and 20c (68) and my water temp is 17c (62f)
and humidity is at 60%. Now for the air pump i have a aqua one precision 12000 it has 4 outlets and each are 200 l/h so its a total of 800 l/h and i have it plug into 4 air stones 15 cm long and each line is exactly 1m long so that way each all get the some amount of air pressure.

OK so I've really only had the same problem the whole way through till now but ive had different ideas about what cause it and obviously different solutions to fix it. So the problem being root rot and algae so my first idea was that light was leaking through so i light proofed it, gave a res change which was cleaned and and the problem seemed to get better but then only 1 week later i see a slimy build up starting to occur on the airlines in the water. so my second idea was warm water ? So i take a temp reading of my water and it was at 75f which i thought well maybe im one of those people who get root rot at 75f so i of course i drop the water temp down to 60f and is fluctuating between 60f and 70f so all good there again i repeat step 1 dump my res clean and start again but again it starts to come back again slime on the lines around 1 week later. so now im on my third idea and by god if this doesnt work i dont think i can continue throwing money at this because its starting to hurt and i think i might be just better of going to soil. Ok enough whinging and fix this, BOOM!!! i start to think is the air volume in my bucket enough i calculate and i have 340 l/h (95 gal/h) with one air stone going into a 5 gal (20 liters) rez through which i thought and it looked like enough bubbles and oxygen but i have no other solution at this point so i buy the new air pump aqua one 12000 like said before has 4 outlets at 200 l/h (52 gal) each, with a total of 800 l/h (211 g/h) going through 4 air stones and the difference is massive.I have gone from 5.6 l/ liters per minute to 13.3 liters per minute . so this is only the first day with the new pump but everything looks good and the water looks better, its actually bubbling not just siting there with bubbles coming up. Fingers crossed problem has been fixed i will let you know in an update next week weather or not my problem has stayed or gone. Also if anyone else out there has gone through this exact problem i would like to hear from you and the experienced you went through and what the out come was and also if anyone thinks they no what the solutions is to my problem just let us know and ill check it out. thanks heaps guys i will be posting some pic up of my little baby in the future just trying to find the usb cable to the camera lol.

peace out, stay chilled :)

what up 420, just a quick update here on my grow. So as stated above i am using the Dutch master advanced nutrient line and i have been using there online calculator.
This allows you to put what nutrients your using, how long your grow cycle is and what size res your using. Then it calculates and tells you how much to use for all the weeks. Now unfortunately i have followed it step by step and now looking back my plants were defiantly not ready for it. This is what i now believe has caused me this one big problem with my root rot. Luckily my roots are white with a slight brown tinge so i am really hoping that it wont effect my grow from here on out.

So it turns out even tho new roots were appearing bright white it would only take a couple of days before things would start to turn bad. So this time i removed my whole plant from the net pot and the first thing i see is my whole root ball is just brown slime ( root rot). Now i really want to save this plant as this is the only one i have for this strain and i really want a smoke from it and see how it shapes up.

With that being said i cut of my root ball and shave the stem with a knife to remove all the root rot and as if i was cloning some other plant. Now everything is new from airline, air stones, bucket, net pot and rocks, so i have just placed my fresh cutting so to say back in the net pot below water level and im hoping that this thing roots again.

Overall after putting my plant through hell and back she still looks good like nothing happened, which at this point is a good thing and again i am now on the prayer that my baby roots.

so its been almost a month with out any update im sorry but not much to update on. I lost my strain as it would not root and was costing me so much money to try and keep so its been removed sadly and has been replace by another unknown strain ( bagseed) i had already had this plant in its first week of flower so i know its def female.

Its been 1 week since the bag seed has been transplanted from soil to dwc and is showing the most beautiful white roots there only just starting but defiantly have no signs of root rot yet ( touch wood ) and i know i cant wait for this thing to take off.

I will defiantly be taking pics and posting up, just give it a week or to just to see how this bad seed goes and hopefull i will be reporting back with something nice to show :)

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Nope Sorry the Root rot got me :( sorry i didn't update, just trying to fix my problems and i will be starting a new strain very soon and i hope it will be a little more successful. :)

Back
Top Bottom