First DWC Grow

Hey guys, so update. Switch nutes to CNS17 from Botanicare, no more dirty roots, also added cal-max by grotek. Going with mainline training so topped them 2 days ago. Now Today while adding water to the humidifier I noticed spots on my girls. Gonna research see what I can find, but have you guys had this before?
@bebecillo
@West Hippie
@Silverfox125

Attachments

• B48AB12E-DEFE-4F08-A2A7-4741DB3A6DD1.jpeg
    B48AB12E-DEFE-4F08-A2A7-4741DB3A6DD1.jpeg
    580.3 KB · Views: 58
  • FD5B0423-6B28-4DAA-B92A-9FCB1F73614E.jpeg
    FD5B0423-6B28-4DAA-B92A-9FCB1F73614E.jpeg
    771.8 KB · Views: 52
  • 9FC88BBC-217D-4805-BC49-A25D4D0A885E.jpeg
    9FC88BBC-217D-4805-BC49-A25D4D0A885E.jpeg
    632.8 KB · Views: 65
  • 5F7C0CC6-F430-4FA4-A5C4-CAD80772B9B5.jpeg
    5F7C0CC6-F430-4FA4-A5C4-CAD80772B9B5.jpeg
    701.4 KB · Views: 53
Hey guys, so update. Switch nutes to CNS17 from Botanicare, no more dirty roots, also added cal-max by grotek. Going with mainline training so topped them 2 days ago. Now Today while adding water to the humidifier I noticed spots on my girls. Gonna research see what I can find, but have you guys had this before?
@bebecillo
@West Hippie
@Silverfox125
Looks to be phosphorus problem as it is calcium also deficiency.

@bebecillo
@West Hippie
@Silverfox125

Is that the one that had the nasty roots?

The new growth looks ok. The older leaves kind of look like several things at once, which leads me to believe your nutrients are ok it's just from the roots being gunky for a while. Will probably straighten out in a few days.

I ran botanicare stuff it seems to like to make a mess in the rez. The cns17 your using was cleaner than the pureblend though.

thanks guys, finally get time to sit down and browse the forums. @Silverfox125 @West Hippie from what I’m seeing I’m thinking might be calcium too. @TurboBucket It’s on both plants. I cleaned the gunk on Friday and switched to the new nutes. Monday I topped them, and they didn’t have anything, and today it popped up. I did add way less than the bottle recommended. Bottle recommended 17ml/gallon of cns17 and 1 1/2 tsp/gallon of calmax, I added 45ml cns17, and 3tsp calmax. I’ll give her till Friday again and if it gets worse maybe I’ll just add the recommended dose. Still waiting for my PH and PPM meter. Once the lights come back on I’ll check the PH the old fashion way. I don’t know why I keep forgetting to check the PH first. Last time it was at 8.0!

thanks guys, finally get time to sit down and browse the forums. @Silverfox125 @West Hippie from what I’m seeing I’m thinking might be calcium too. @TurboBucket It’s on both plants. I cleaned the gunk on Friday and switched to the new nutes. Monday I topped them, and they didn’t have anything, and today it popped up. I did add way less than the bottle recommended. Bottle recommended 17ml/gallon of cns17 and 1 1/2 tsp/gallon of calmax, I added 45ml cns17, and 3tsp calmax. I’ll give her till Friday again and if it gets worse maybe I’ll just add the recommended dose. Still waiting for my PH and PPM meter. Once the lights come back on I’ll check the PH the old fashion way. I don’t know why I keep forgetting to check the PH first. Last time it was at 8.0!
Ph off would lock nutrients out !

I’m thinking might be too much calcium. I topped off the buckets yesterday with a gallon of water with the exact dose of calmax the bottle recommended and shit really hit the fan. Tomorrow is water change so I’ll cut the cal max in half and see if that helps. My poor girls, it’s heart breaking see them this way.

Attachments

• 33C866F1-8F4F-4CAE-8397-C5BD77F8BE16.jpeg
    33C866F1-8F4F-4CAE-8397-C5BD77F8BE16.jpeg
    647.7 KB · Views: 67
  • 72AD9A08-F0AD-4587-853A-8B110D74384E.jpeg
    72AD9A08-F0AD-4587-853A-8B110D74384E.jpeg
    663.1 KB · Views: 56
I’m thinking might be too much calcium. I topped off the buckets yesterday with a gallon of water with the exact dose of calmax the bottle recommended and shit really hit the fan. Tomorrow is water change so I’ll cut the cal max in half and see if that helps. My poor girls, it’s heart breaking see them this way.
It’s still trying to recover from that 8.0 ph ! You need to hit a 5.8 ph or just slight Amber on your ph drop test.

so A few days ago I decided just to take out a gallon of the nute mix from each bucket, then add a gallon of pure RO water to water down the mix. Plants seem to be growing aggressive again and the new growth looks good. My TDS meter finally came in just now! I tested the PPM for each bucket, Shorty is at 522ppm and Dirty Girl is at 655 ppm. I seen 600-1200 ppm for veg. What do you guys like personally? Also if RO is at 0-10 ppm, how much cal mag do you guy add in PPM terms?

so A few days ago I decided just to take out a gallon of the nute mix from each bucket, then add a gallon of pure RO water to water down the mix. Plants seem to be growing aggressive again and the new growth looks good. My TDS meter finally came in just now! I tested the PPM for each bucket, Shorty is at 522ppm and Dirty Girl is at 655 ppm. I seen 600-1200 ppm for veg. What do you guys like personally? Also if RO is at 0-10 ppm, how much cal mag do you guy add in PPM terms?
I’d be at 50% of the manufacturers dosing! Since you have your tds meter I would mix a fresh buckets ! I only add 10% of the manufacturers dosing on calimagic for ro water. Mix the calimagic for about 15-30 minutes before adding other nutrients!

@West Hippie Cal-Max has 2% nitrogen, 3% calcium, 1% MG. My CNS17 has 3% nitrogen, 3% calcium, .5% MG. I wonder if I even need the Cal-Max.
I went through the majority of time before I added it in flower , never used it in veg just upped the MC . I use the GH calimagic 1-0-0 but also ro water with MegaCrop nutrients.

Went ahead and did a water change on the girls. My RO water is at a start of 4ppm. I added cal-max till 90ppm, then CNS17 to 580ppm. After adding PH up and getting to light amber on the PH tester my ppm is at 600ppm for both buckets. Temps are at 68f, RH is at 60%. Let’s see how this week goes. Later this week Dirty Girl will continue her training. Gotta decide whether to top her, or just tie her down. I’m looking up the z7 you guys mentioned, it’s 2 parts?

Went ahead and did a water change on the girls. My RO water is at a start of 4ppm. I added cal-max till 90ppm, then CNS17 to 580ppm. After adding PH up and getting to light amber on the PH tester my ppm is at 600ppm for both buckets. Temps are at 68f, RH is at 60%. Let’s see how this week goes. Later this week Dirty Girl will continue her training. Gotta decide whether to top her, or just tie her down. I’m looking up the z7 you guys mentioned, it’s 2 parts?

Yeah you only use like a half of a ml of each ..definately recommended for hydro !

Do you plan on using a scrog screen? A screen will give you a larger yield.. It'll also let you manage your plants, and that'll let you keep your light closer.. The 185 watt led grow below was my attempt to manage the plant and light.. I did switch lights the last couple weeks, but I don't think it increased the yield any..

Back
Top Bottom