First DWC Grow

Do you plan on using a scrog screen? A screen will give you a larger yield.. It'll also let you manage your plants, and that'll let you keep your light closer.. The 185 watt led grow below was my attempt to manage the plant and light.. I did switch lights the last couple weeks, but I don't think it increased the yield any..

I’ve been looking into it, I definitely want to eventually. Maybe on the next grow.

PH meter came in. Turned it on and it automatically reads .23. Gotta wait till tomorrow to get distilled water to calibrate it. Excited to start using these toys!
You’ll have to get a 7.0 solution mines GH . It wouldn’t go to 5.5-6.5 range ?

Update:
RH 56%
Temp: 73F

“Dirty Girl”
PPM 568
PH 6.01

“Shorty”
PPM 589
PH 5.9

DWC is a headache, every journal I read everyone’s PPMs are all over the place, some people use 1000ppm in veg, others swear never to go over 800 for veg. Some say sweet spot is 600, I’m staying at 600 and my
Girls are still sick. Dirty Girl is growing like crazy with little spots showing up. Shorty seems to be stunted at the moment and her leaves are looking sicker everyday. I’ve been reading some people use 400-600ppm for late veg so I’m dropping shorty down to 400ppm and see if that helps. I have the day off so I’ll be picking up some distilled water to calibrate my PH meter. I’ll be dropping the PH to 5.7 see if that helps also. Anything else I can try? I’m to the point where Shorty is going to be thrown into FFOF to see if I can revive her.

Attachments

• 6EE94F42-6885-4E07-8458-FEA8ECAA7414.jpeg
    6EE94F42-6885-4E07-8458-FEA8ECAA7414.jpeg
    858 KB · Views: 61
  • D7C6E2F3-3236-4200-8460-0AF9B56CE8DF.jpeg
    D7C6E2F3-3236-4200-8460-0AF9B56CE8DF.jpeg
    658.6 KB · Views: 63
  • 85ABF2FB-3ED1-4A05-9DF3-35CDBEC452F2.jpeg
    85ABF2FB-3ED1-4A05-9DF3-35CDBEC452F2.jpeg
    610.5 KB · Views: 67
  • F64E8530-F542-487D-83EC-5428D8A9CFA2.jpeg
    F64E8530-F542-487D-83EC-5428D8A9CFA2.jpeg
    642.9 KB · Views: 63
Update:
RH 56%
Temp: 73F

“Dirty Girl”
PPM 568
PH 6.01

“Shorty”
PPM 589
PH 5.9

DWC is a headache, every journal I read everyone’s PPMs are all over the place, some people use 1000ppm in veg, others swear never to go over 800 for veg. Some say sweet spot is 600, I’m staying at 600 and my
Girls are still sick. Dirty Girl is growing like crazy with little spots showing up. Shorty seems to be stunted at the moment and her leaves are looking sicker everyday. I’ve been reading some people use 400-600ppm for late veg so I’m dropping shorty down to 400ppm and see if that helps. I have the day off so I’ll be picking up some distilled water to calibrate my PH meter. I’ll be dropping the PH to 5.7 see if that helps also. Anything else I can try? I’m to the point where Shorty is going to be thrown into FFOF to see if I can revive her.
It’s my ph I have trouble with sometimes. As far as nutrients go I ran advanced nutrients at 25% through the whole grow . The MegaCrop nutrients are different. After two weeks in veg I did the max of 4 grams a gallon for veg which is 750- 800 ppm . Harvesting my DWC today .
PH of 5.8 is perfect for your nutrients and should slowly rise . Once you get to 6.1 bring it back down to to 5.8 or if it took a week to get to get to 6.1 change the water and nutrients.

It’s my ph I have trouble with sometimes. As far as nutrients go I ran advanced nutrients at 25% through the whole grow . The MegaCrop nutrients are different. After two weeks in veg I did the max of 4 grams a gallon for veg which is 750- 800 ppm . Harvesting my DWC today .
PH of 5.8 is perfect for your nutrients and should slowly rise . Once you get to 6.1 bring it back down to to 5.8 or if it took a week to get to get to 6.1 change the water and nutrients.

I should have got the distilled water last. I got it first now I’m inpatient with every stop the wife has to make cuz I wanna get home and calibrate my PH meter. I tried looking up mega crop and all I found was a bag of nutes for $89. Do you have a link?

I should have got the distilled water last. I got it first now I’m inpatient with every stop the wife has to make cuz I wanna get home and calibrate my PH meter. I tried looking up mega crop and all I found was a bag of nutes for $89. Do you have a link?
This one at green leaf nutrients
Try 1000g size 75% discount with coupon code
greenleafnutrients . Com

According to the newly calibrated PH meter my water was at 6.2, PHd the water to 5.8. Dirty girl is done with her training at 12 tops. Not gonna do anymore training on Shorty until I figure out what’s wrong. After a lot of forum surfing I’m leaning toward potassium deficiency. I noticed a lot of people use silica which is 0-0-0.5. Ordering some rhino skin and z7. Fingers crossed.

According to the newly calibrated PH meter my water was at 6.2, PHd the water to 5.8. Dirty girl is done with her training at 12 tops. Not gonna do anymore training on Shorty until I figure out what’s wrong. After a lot of forum surfing I’m leaning toward potassium deficiency. I noticed a lot of people use silica which is 0-0-0.5. Ordering some rhino skin and z7. Fingers crossed.
Probably just fixing the ph is gonna do it . I still say phosphorus and calcium so dropping the ph should do the good deed !

Sure does, now I’m leaning toward phosphorus.
The good thing about DWC smaller reservoir easier and quicker to see improvements . I had a zinc problem,took two days to correct then my 20 gallon reservoir had the same problem but took 5 days to see the correction .

The good thing about DWC smaller reservoir easier and quicker to see improvements . I had a zinc problem,took two days to correct then my 20 gallon reservoir had the same problem but took 5 days to see the correction .

Probably instead of silica, I’ll get a PK booster. Never had a issue with soil. Hydro definitely takes more finesse. I looked at the CNS17 and it’s ratio is 3-1-2. When I grew in soil I used Fox Farm and never had a issue their grow big is 6-4-4. I looked at the fox farm hydro version and it’s 3-2-6. MC is 9-6-17. Think I’ll try the PK booster is the Adjusting PH doesn’t work.

Visited the hydro shop today, guy there probably hates me I love to pick his brain when he’s not busy. We got to talking about dwc systems and nutes and hydro guard. I asked why he didn’t have flying skull products. He mentioned they sent him samples of their products to test and possible start selling. He let me go to the back and I asked him about a certain Flying Skull product....guess what I got hooked up with! Can’t wait to get home and change out the girls again. Probably be her last change before she makes the flip.

I also asked about the issues with my girls, he thinks it’s a humidity issue, my girls are between 35-60% humidity, he said it should be no less than 70% with dwc in veg.

Attachments

• 394E5F5F-B328-4BEC-9CC7-8BD8E24D4CB9.jpeg
    394E5F5F-B328-4BEC-9CC7-8BD8E24D4CB9.jpeg
    756.6 KB · Views: 62
Well I turned up the humidity, I’m at 72% now. I went ahead and changed the water in both buckets for the week. Out of curiosity on how good my tap water is, I decided to use it for Shorty this week and RO water for Dirty Girl. Dirty Girl started at 6ppm. Added cal-max to 150ppm, then cns17 grow to 500ppm, cns17 bloom go 550ppm and Cns17 ripe to 600ppm. PHd the bucket to 5.8 then added .5ml z7pt 1&2 per gallon. I added a little of the ripe and bloom to get her use to the flip coming up. For Shorty tap water sat for 24 hours, starting at 300ppm. I added RO water to 200ppm. Then added nutes to 500ppm. After PHing to 5.8 I added .5ml z7 pt1&2 per gallon again. Temps at 70f RH at 70% let’s see how this week goes.

Sorry guys been hectic this morning! Good job on the 50% nutrients but could have been in from the start on dwc . Start with a ph of 5.8 and let it rise to about 6.1-6.2 max , it’s called a perfect condition ! How close is the light and what kind , cfl or led or mh? Do you have any hydroguard or I prefer Z7 ? Water temp also important! I like 65-70 degrees .
Here’s the hydro bible I grow by .
8935957A-0AA4-45B8-BF8D-5ECD024A6809.png

@West Hippie - Been looking over this chart now that I have a tds and ppm meter. How often you usually check this?

@West Hippie - Been looking over this chart now that I have a tds and ppm meter. How often you usually check this?
I did it it every day, but you don’t have to once you get it dialed in ! Once the girls get bigger and use more water and nutrients I had to top off every day!

Back
Top Bottom