First Ever Auto Grow: Tangerine Dream, Partial Journal Days 36-71

Nice looking plant- it definitely has that "stinky" look!
and have done almost no trimming.
I don't trim much,if at all - it's a little more work at harvest time,with a lot more larf,but all that frosty larf makes for great oil infusing material- those popcorn buds are just as potent as everything else.

I had originally meant this plant to stay outside, and it’s twin is out there still. This one just happened to jump into flowering while out there. I practically ignored it in the tent and didn’t realize how frosty it had gotten until the other day. Only one of my tents is tall enough for this one, works out good until the other plants need the space. You’re right about the leaves on this one, very frosty and probably worth saving for hash. Did some BHO from the Tangerine Dream last week, very clean and tasty!

Today I added a secondary (blurple) light to this ChemDawg photo plant’s tent because it’s really looking nice and already smells like stinky candy. So I now have the original Oneo and my 2 year old Phlizon 1200w full spectrum ($109 on Amz) now it’s a full 400W at the wall. It bumps up the visible red but adds another UV and LOTS of good extra light. Let’s see what happens, seems like it can’t hurt.

Attachments

• CA49DC50-6B9C-414D-9F75-5D5A9D98F33A.jpeg
    CA49DC50-6B9C-414D-9F75-5D5A9D98F33A.jpeg
    595.7 KB · Views: 56
  • D66D13C6-EAAF-433F-A76A-A14EC7098585.jpeg
    D66D13C6-EAAF-433F-A76A-A14EC7098585.jpeg
    697.5 KB · Views: 56
  • AA67D366-1EF6-48F5-9B0B-65CC65729FB7.jpeg
    AA67D366-1EF6-48F5-9B0B-65CC65729FB7.jpeg
    593.4 KB · Views: 51
Should do them nothing but good !
I've got a supplemental 60w led cob light (the corncob type) in my box too- so now that I've just got the one plant in there, it's sitting on a "lazy susan" thing, and I rotate it a quarter turn every couple of hours, since it's a little brighter toward the rear of the box (and I've got nothing but time)-I don't know if it really helps or not, but I like to think that it does.
Like you, I figured I've got it,so I might as well put it to use.

That light did ok for me for a few years. It definitely boosted my flower production after using cheap 600w LED lights for a few grows. Will be good as a supplemental light so I can have one super bright flowering tent. It’s very pink and NOT a good light if the plant is later headed outside (the Oneo is awesome for that so far) but it has a decent flowering spectrum, so it will definitely help in there. I do love experimenting to get new flavors and aromas. The other ChemDawg (same age) is becoming a tree out by the beach!

Attachments

• 7653B46F-2630-4A87-A809-AA4D1D2871F5.jpeg
    7653B46F-2630-4A87-A809-AA4D1D2871F5.jpeg
    741.4 KB · Views: 43
The other ChemDawg (same age) is becoming a tree out by the beach!

Pretty soon the people on that ferry will be saying "dude-did you see that huge pot plant over there?"

Is this a father son only journal? I feel like I'm intruding slightly. Lol. I'm gonna say Hi anyway.

:ciao: Hellooooo!!!

Whatever they are , autos or photos they look very nicely cared for.

What a view.:love::love::love: You are very lucky.
All I get for a view is my creepy neighbor on his deck fighting with his old lady.:rolleyes:

@Virgin Ground Thanks very much! Very lucky and grateful to have this spot, postcard views every day. I got lucky with the green thumb from Dad, and growing is more of a feel than just a process. Happy to get input from everyone, glad you stopped in to say hello.

Attachments

• 5212F209-60C6-44B9-8FA2-10B8C2042C96.jpeg
    5212F209-60C6-44B9-8FA2-10B8C2042C96.jpeg
    607.9 KB · Views: 38
@Virgin Ground Thanks very much! Very lucky and grateful to have this spot, postcard views every day. I got lucky with the green thumb from Dad, and growing is more of a feel than just a process. Happy to get input from everyone, glad you stopped in to say hello.
So beautiful.
Good fishing???

So beautiful.
Good fishing???
It's fantastic when it's open. Lots of pinks and occasional Silvers but it's very limited. Right here in back of the house (that spot in the pic) is one of the best clam and crabbing spots on the whole island, though. We even have oyster bags tied out here and we seed them and get massive oysters, just takes a year or 2. But ya if you just wanted to mess around, you could catch dogfish and sand dabs and bullhead fish all day. Salmon off the beach is a little better on the other side of the island, we are lucky and have a boat and the fishing is great trolling a few miles from here.

It's fantastic when it's open. Lots of pinks and occasional Silvers but it's very limited. Right here in back of the house (that spot in the pic) is one of the best clam and crabbing spots on the whole island, though. We even have oyster bags tied out here and we seed them and get massive oysters, just takes a year or 2. But ya if you just wanted to mess around, you could catch dogfish and sand dabs and bullhead fish all day. Salmon off the beach is a little better on the other side of the island, we are lucky and have a boat and the fishing is great trolling a few miles from here.
Crabs and clams?
I would be in heaven right there.
I live at the confluence of two rivers. I go for flathead cats. It's Midwest sport fishing.
Last year I started taking my kids micro fishing. It's super difficult and the trophy pics are hilarious.
A barbless hook and a tiny grub will get you an impressive 3" or less fish.
It's some trend that started in Asia. We had a great time seeing who could get the smallest.

She is ! she's got a nice frosty pink(ish) thing happening...beautiful!

So after 106 days, the last few weeks being outside, this other autoflower from this batch (gorilla glue) looks to finally be flowering. Maybe. It showed sex before and looked to be doing the same thing but it went back to Veg. I think maybe the long period of rainy/cloudy weather has done the trick for this one. I tried to get a pic but it’s windy and hard to get a good shot. Crossing fingers, would be a great (big) auto plant to see flower while so huge. BUT will it stay in flower while outside? I have really limited experience with these and this one has me baffled already at day 106.

Attachments

• 7EE08011-B9AF-4146-A8CB-10D3D0FF0700.jpeg
    7EE08011-B9AF-4146-A8CB-10D3D0FF0700.jpeg
    680.3 KB · Views: 43
  • F59010C8-0A8A-4C06-86C6-7B375B28C2B4.jpeg
    F59010C8-0A8A-4C06-86C6-7B375B28C2B4.jpeg
    501.9 KB · Views: 53
It's at apx the same spot as my clone with the flowering- I'm also wondering if it's going to continue
as the days get longer and the nights get shorter.
If yours is actually an auto,it shouldn't re-veg, no matter what...but at 106 days old, and just starting to flower, I think it must be a photo (or the longest running auto in history ;) )
We'll both know more in 6 weeks or so....
You're going to get a lot of pot off that one- she should double in size within the next month or so (and she's already big!)

It's at apx the same spot as my clone with the flowering- I'm also wondering if it's going to continue
as the days get longer and the nights get shorter.
If yours is actually an auto,it shouldn't re-veg, no matter what...but at 106 days old, and just starting to flower, I think it must be a photo (or the longest running auto in history ;) )
We'll both know more in 6 weeks or so....
You're going to get a lot of pot off that one- she should double in size within the next month or so (and she's already big!)
I guess that’s the best way to find out, just to wait. The days are definitely getting longer here, so weird to see flowers starting on this one. The other Tangerine Dream AF plant outside still looks like a normal vegging Photo plant. I have high hopes for this Gorilla Glue tree lol. If it somehow flowers through the summer sun, it’s going to be a beautiful thing. Best of luck to yours as well!

it’s going further into flowering.
I'd say it's flowering- you usually don't see pistils at the very top unless it is.
If it continues, you should have a nice big harvest right around the 4th of July!

I'd say it's flowering- you usually don't see pistils at the very top unless it is.
If it continues, you should have a nice big harvest right around the 4th of July!
Oh man just looked at the others and all 3 plants (1 tangerine dream AF and 2 gorilla glue AF) and they are all flowering. So I am possibly in the very unique situation that I have three 110 day old autoflower plants, all flowering outside in spring. Okay then, this should be interesting!

Back
Top Bottom