First Ever DWC PC Grow Journal

Also is the Rockwell cube supposed to be damp? Or no? It's very very hard and I haven't top fed at all. Also it seems like only the Hydroton on the way bottom is getting wet should the whole thing be getting we if so how do I add water into the res with out effecting ph levels? Do I just add in the morning when I'm checking levels?

Also is the Rockwell cube supposed to be damp? Or no? It's very very hard and I haven't top fed at all. Also it seems like only the Hydroton on the way bottom is getting wet should the whole thing be getting we if so how do I add water into the res with out effecting ph levels? Do I just add in the morning when I'm checking levels?

you should be geting the very bottom of the rockwell cube in the water so that is can suck up like a sponge, dont fully emerge the cube tho, also you should expect about a week before you get strong roots. if you want to excelorate this get some root excelorator should help, shouldnt have to top feed much at all.

Ph AFTER you add the water and then it should stay the same for while, frezzing 3/4 full bottles of water are great for lowering the temp IF you need to if you have not already i would by a cheap fish tank thermometer and stick that in

you should be geting the very bottom of the rockwell cube in the water so that is can suck up like a sponge, dont fully emerge the cube tho, also you should expect about a week before you get strong roots. if you want to excelorate this get some root excelorator should help, shouldnt have to top feed much at all.

Ph AFTER you add the water and then it should stay the same for while, frezzing 3/4 full bottles of water are great for lowering the temp IF you need to if you have not already i would by a cheap fish tank thermometer and stick that in

Ok so like a 700 ml bottle of arrowhead like the sports bottle and then also it should be to the bottom of the Rockwell cube always keeping it submerged in water can I take the cube out to take a pic of the level? The top is completely dry

well it might be dry because there because its not humid enough in the box (not likly but posible) but if you are geting a good amount of the block wet (bottom mostly) then you should be fine boss. roots grow down anywho!

well it might be dry because there because its not humid enough in the box (not likly but posible) but if you are geting a good amount of the block wet (bottom mostly) then you should be fine boss. roots grow down anywho!

Anyway to check if the bottom is getting wet enough without disturbing plant? Can I take the cube out?

Ok guys so checked on her. Shes drooping like crazy. I decided to go ahead take her out look at the bottom of the rockwell cub. Roots are barely poking out. Like a pinch size. I mean very little, and the whole cube was dry bottom and all. maybe there was not enough water in the res. So i decided to take a 500 ml arrow head bottle the was freezing and Fill the res. The Rockwell cube also got a little of the water. Then i took pictures for you guys to see. Below it shows the new adjusted water. That the bubbles that are occurring now in the Net pot, ontop of those stones i put the Rockwell Cube so it would always have bubbles hitting it. Then i filled the sides with Hydroton etc. I added a third 23 Watt CFL Bulb as temps were at 73-74 this morning. Maybe that will bring it up to 77-79/80. Anyways im waiting thirty to see the change if any. Ill Post pics in again in 30.

photo_copy_26.JPG
photo_copy7.JPG

YHA MAN looks like you got a fresh clone : / not end of the world, i would eight rise water or lower pot, which is easier idc lol, like move it to the that line that divides the pot into two sets of slits, if you know what i mean.

other then that, i wouldnt expect any major growth for 1-2 weeks, : /

HERE COMES THE HARD PART........

WAIT

lol right now thats all you can do, they should be devoring that block when you get them if you are geting a strong clone, but thos cost more ofcourse. There is nothing wrong with onw u got you just have to grow it more yourself,

yea im going full strength nutes on friday. I raised it pretty high like the bubbles are def hitting the bottom of the rockwell cube now.

Jlt and Kingjohn thanks for the advice guys. Ok so i just adjust ph levels, and everything seemed to look great. She's perked way back up.Below will be pictures of yesterday (Drooping) and today perked up. King John im thinking about sticking with half nutes like you said even though shes been in solution for roughly 4 and half days now. I dont think shes been getting any of them because of water levels being low in res but i could be wrong. Anyways here are some pics. Also her stem seems kinda purple brownish, not as green as before. Any thoughts on why this is?

I was thinking about getting some voodoo juice and roots excel to go along with my General Organics kit. Any thoughts on this?

photo_copy_18.JPG
photo_copy_17.JPG

Hey guys,

So Day 5 Clone Journal.

The plant is drooping again. I took it out to see if it was dry on the bottom. Low and behold, it was again. I filled the res water level again so i know for sure its in it again. BUT good news. The Roots grew down over night it seems like and they are starting to come out the sides. I hope me putting it in the solution and the bubbles now hitting the Roots make it perk back up and feel better.Also the Temp was about 85 Degrees so i took one light bulb out so now only 2 CFL Day times are in. I think the small compacted space with 23 watts a bulb is a little crazy. I think the roots will be touching the water continuously now. So it should always be getting water or bubbles on it. Anyways guys any suggestions or thoughts on levels and or the Lights would be great! thanks again for stopping by with input.

MJ
photo384.JPG

Hey guys,

So Day 5 Clone Journal.

The plant is drooping again. I took it out to see if it was dry on the bottom. Low and behold, it was again. I filled the res water level again so i know for sure its in it again. BUT good news. The Roots grew down over night it seems like and they are starting to come out the sides. I hope me putting it in the solution and the bubbles now hitting the Roots make it perk back up and feel better.Also the Temp was about 85 Degrees so i took one light bulb out so now only 2 CFL Day times are in. I think the small compacted space with 23 watts a bulb is a little crazy. I think the roots will be touching the water continuously now. So it should always be getting water or bubbles on it. Anyways guys any suggestions or thoughts on levels and or the Lights would be great! thanks again for stopping by with input.

MJ
photo384.JPG

Dude i would just say f' it and just fill it up almost all the way... mabe just till roots get going but just makesure the cup is IN the water 50% at lest should keep it good.

HEY so in resoponce of what i just said, ^^^^^ i mite be worng read this comment i got from miwa off another thred..

put your net pot as close to the water as you can without touching the water...the bubbles from the air stone will burst ...spraying the bottom of the net pot..your plant roots will move toward the water..they are small so it will take time..do not put nutes in water..it will kill your sprouts..you really should wait until you see roots before starting a DWC..but as long as the sprout is green and growing so are the roots..patience and focus is the key...so says Miwa...once roots are in the water..keep water level 3 inches from bottom of net pot...hang in therewe'll get it..watch your PH and temp...

This makes alot of sense, when you get the roots to show do what he is saying with the bubbles, makesure you got that water MOVIN with air stones to get it popin!

HEY so in resoponce of what i just said, ^^^^^ i mite be worng read this comment i got from miwa off another thred..

This makes alot of sense, when you get the roots to show do what he is saying with the bubbles, makesure you got that water MOVIN with air stones to get it popin!

I see. Well right now my levels are basically touching the hydroton, and the rockwell cube is soaked but still hard in the hydroton. I saw roots yesterday coming out of the side of the rockwell cube and some now dangling sorta on the bottom of it as well. below are pics of what she looks like now. Maybe lower the water level now? I mean literally the first layer of hydroton is submerged in the water base with bubbles coming up above it, and the rockwell cube is ontop of that first layer.

photo_copy_19.JPG

Back
Top Bottom