First Ever Grow: Bakerstreet, A Hindu Kush, 400W HID

Sorry for all the posts lately! I'll try not to update again until she's grown for a bit..

But I said screw it and went ahead with FIMing. I also cut the first 2 single leaves that grew and are now dead. Not including the dead branch, Aquawomen had 4 healthy nodes and was starting a 5th.

Ok, talk again in a while. As always, thanks for reading!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190325-211902.png
    Screenshot_20190325-211902.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 74
  • Screenshot_20190325-212402.png
    Screenshot_20190325-212402.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 73
  • Screenshot_20190325-212014.png
    Screenshot_20190325-212014.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 75
  • Screenshot_20190325-204042.png
    Screenshot_20190325-204042.png
    823.2 KB · Views: 83
And here we go again :rolleyes::oops::eek::rip:

Another leaf dying.. The 2 orginal leaves dead, and now it's moving up the weed!

A little update for anyone joining the convo...

- Organic Potting Soil which was a very basic, plain soil.
- 20% Perlite added. No other amendments or anything else added.
- Water is 6.5ish PH when going in.
- 3 part liquid, micro/grow/bloom nutrients... but have only fed once, 2 waterings ago, at very small dose.
- 18/6 lighting, 400MH.
- Heats usually 25-27°c when the lights on. 21-25° when it's not.
- RH is very low.
- Feel I over watered at the start. Maybe even continued to further along than I realize.
- Leaves look heavy, puffy, and bit droopy to me.

Anymore info please ask! The guy at store said "soilless" means the nutrients are indeed good for soil. They all say that..

20190326_171946.jpg
20190326_172031.jpg
20190326_172037.jpg
20190326_172047.jpg

Keep me posted on how they like it if you want anymore soiless tips I’m happy to let you know what I do as for the big difference between soil and soiless is that in soil there are peat moss peat loam and humus along with decomposing matter (animals roots dropings) along with a diverse microbe system to break it into nutrients and aid plant development this is why in an organic LIvIning soil there is no flush no synthetic fertilizers or anything the soil and micro biome dose it all there for in living soil (be it organic, outdoors or anything like that) we keep a mostly neutral to slightly acidic PH the soil and microbes and worms and decomposition allows the acsess to nutrients, where in a soiless mix (pro mix, coco, pitting soil, perlite etc.) the media is inert( sterile mostly with little to no nutrients in it) this is why as soiless growers like us we run more like a hydro system than in a living soil, the plants depend on us to get the food and ph levels, and microbes that will further help plant development there are micro organisms you can add to soiless mixes and aggregate that can buffer and stabilize ph and such microbes that convert more hydrogen than hydroxide atoms will lower ph and microbes that convert more hydroxide than hydrogen will raise ph this is a very effective way of controlling not just your constant ph level but a ph range (better for more uptake of nutrients and conversion of carbohydrates) as these microbes work in synthesis done in day some at night to raise and lower your ph giving you optimal ph ranges and therefore plant health and uptake. Research on the microbes I’m talking about is all over the net and easy to find and apply to your growing

Keep in mind your roots also create hydrogen and hydroxides as a byproduct and you will want to try to factor in if you can some sway for that And very nice pick on streins my friend

Sorry about all the msgs but I want to make sure you are properly informed but also if you can’t get a cal mg product right now think about slightly uping your dose of micro it should also lower your ph a bit

I had the same issue with my medium. Bag calls it soil but it’s inert. Ph to 5.8 now we hot these. And mine started with same issues as you for the same reason. Now it’s too bad I’m learning about thrips on my first grow as well. But yeh we learning right?
They are looking great look into diametric earth great for thripes put about 2-3” on top of your media and the eggs can’t get layed in your soil and any that hatch will get shredded trying to come up also helpful for mites also sunlight dish soap with a mild solution of baking soda in a mist bottle will help with allot of insect issues in veg make sure to hit bottoms of leafs and yes you are sort of correct the ph is not nearly as important with foliar feed but having it slightly acidic will hope it work well into cell walls in the leafs

Unfortunately, this grow has been aborted!! The leaves were getting worse quickly.. The time of year I started was completely wrong, very dry during start and would have been extremely humid when flower and drying time. Even when growing indoors this seems to make a big difference. My weed was extremely over watered. I hated having my grow tent in my room, running while I tried to sleep. I will plan around this next time!!

A big thanks to everyone who offered any time and advice to help me out. Though the grow didn't work out, your comments have not been wasted! I will continue using your advice as I try again.

A second grow has been started, using 2 Blue Cookie seeds and 2 Hindu Kush seeds. A journal will be started once I atleast have some seedlings to show
Thanks everyone!!

Back
Top Bottom