First Ever Grow - CFL - Outdoor Tent

jestered

What strain is it? No idea, bag seed.
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? No idea
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg
If in Veg... For how long? Few days.
If in Flower stage... For how long?
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor outdoors? A tent inside a shed.
Soil or Hydro? Hydro?
If soil... what is in your mix? Coco, perlite, vermiculite
If soil... What size pot?
Size of light? 250watt CFL
Is it aircooled? No need really, 10cm desk fan blowing inside however
Temp of Room/cab?
RH of Room/cab?
PH of media or res? Bought a ph test kit, looks like 7 :S
Any Pests ? None
How often are you watering? Whenever soils dry, or my moisture indicator flashes at me
Type and strength of ferts used? Cana Vega A+B for veg and Cana flores A+B for flowering

Hi everyone and welcome to my first journal and first ever grow!

Ill start with the history behind my grow, basically I found a solid seed in a bag of really potent weed. I decided hell, ill give it a shot at germination and see how we go. Free pot is free pot after all. Anyway, it germinated after 24hrs in a shot glass of tap water. At which point it was transplanted into a terracotta pot filled with potting mix and was left outside during the day and under a 3watt led clamp light at night.

Needless to say, I was soon down the local hydroponics shop and quickly learnt the owner too had an assortment of plants.
I followed his advice and left with a 250watt CFL, ballast, chains and sea hawk grow tent.

the tent has many closeable vent and outlets aswell as bring being fully lined with mylar.
holds temp well!

So I set everything up and let it run the week, today I transplanted to a self watering pot. Mix was perlite, vermiculite and coco.
gave it a thorough water and some nutes ( Canna vega A and B). First nute feed ever.

the plants had some leaf curling I assumed was a nute deficiency, noted it was practically rootbound in the old pot.

hopefully all the pics will work.

posting from my phone :(

The tent is located outside in a secure shed. The shed itself isnt insulated but the temps seem stable. Hopefully will be sufficient!

Setup213.jpg
Setup213.jpg
Plant164.jpg
Setup213.jpg
Ledclamp.jpg
Cfl4.jpg
Setup213.jpg
Setup116.jpg
Ledclamp.jpg
Plant262.jpg

Plant262.jpg

Thats all I have documented so far.

Srth3.jpg
Seruh2.jpg
20140618_205731.jpg
So its been some time since the last update and my plants are blooming! Ive been monitoring the conditions and everything seems sweet.
It seems the initial slow in growth may have been nute lock as the ph of the water was roughly 8! 4 drops of ph down in a 3ltr container solves that problem however.
Still feeding every other day with 3ml canna a/b

I have been looking for a journal that is in approximately the same stage as mine for comparison purposes.
On Monday it will be 2 weeks into veg for my plants. Our lighting is about the same, the difference being soil.
Subscribed.

I have to agree, I was shocked to see how much per day these plants grow.
I will updating my thread on Monday, I decided just to do 1 post with pictures per week so I have a sort of weekly log so that I can compare the growth rate of this batch with my next batch.
I have way too many plants for my grow space but I have read I can expect 40% to 50% will be males so that will shrink to population a bit.
How many seeds did you start with? I'm asking because if you started with bag seed and you may end up with a male(s) and all that time(money) spent will be wasted.

High there jestered !

Glad to see your plant looks great!
I would suggest you go get or build DIY style reflector.
CFL bulbs are giving better lumen horizontally, and a reflector is a great way to enhance it and make nothing go wasted.
Your nodes seem very tight, I would suggest maybe raise the. Light a little bit, depending one your plan how high (lol) you want the plant to be.

Anyway looks great, wish you good luck and a great harvest

I'm subbed
:thumb:

I keep my lights just close enough not to burn, but I would prefer short and bushy over long plants.

I started with a single bag seed and it could go male. Its all a learning curve, so its not really wasted. I ordered a bunch of seeds from herbies.. that was 25 days ago, safe to say they ain't coming..

I bought a new light fixture that hangs horizontally and has a built on reflector. It shows in the last pic, now just to get another 150$ 250watt globe for the spare fixture haha

yep looks like a male to me also... should only be a small round caylx in the middle of the split for the first few days then 2 white pistols will come out after about a week in flower. sorry... start again!

Back
Top Bottom