they are amazing .... they just absorb any smell ... its all just gone
We use them where I work for smell containment. If it isn't working the most rancid smells come out, but if it's working properly you can't smell a single thing.

Will the carbon filter work is there is no window or other avenue to vent? I mean turned on but just hanging there?

If you're not exhausting it out of your grow space, then it probably won't help too much. It doesn't eliminate the smell of the grow space, it just eliminates the odor in the air it exhausts. So if it's just pumping the cleaned air into the tent, it may help bring the smell down just a tad, by replacing the air with odor free air, but it won't be nearly as effective as venting the air out of your grow space.

If you're not exhausting it out of your grow space, then it probably won't help too much. It doesn't eliminate the smell of the grow space, it just eliminates the odor in the air it exhausts. So if it's just pumping the cleaned air into the tent, it may help bring the smell down just a tad, by replacing the air with odor free air, but it won't be nearly as effective as venting the air out of your grow space.
wrong ... i vent into the room my tent sits in and it works like a charm

Filter in! :slide:

20190315_201534.jpg

Hey @PlastekShark I'm doing a semi stealth grow in my garage. If I don't run a filter how strong is the smell really? Like compared to sparking up some flower

Well, that'll depend on the strain you're growing and how many plants. I have the 1 gorilla glue plant in flower and I can smell it on the 1st level of my home. Its upstairs in a bedroom, in a tent. So I'd advise you go for some filtration!

It does smell different than smoking. It's more like what a nice fresh bag smells like. A little more planty, but still carries a strong, obvious marijuana smell.

@InTheShed @PlastekShark ahhh thanks for the quick replies. crap guess I'm going carbon shopping. Hopefully northern lights isn't too smelly

They work wonders. I got mine from Amazon for $94 USD. Smell dissapeared within a couple hours. Even on low, my 203 cfm motor pulls in the walls of my 2x4x5 tent. Even with a passive vent open. So they pull a good amount of air and filter it. Worth the money!

Back
Top Bottom