First Ever Grow: In Coco Loco

Die Hard

420 Member
I received four clones of dubious/varying quality on Sunday past. I've been preparing my closet (24" X 27" X 96") for the last few weeks. Got 240W of QBs, a 200+ CFM active exhaust/passive intake (with carbon filter, two mufflers, and insulated ducting). Canna A+B, Rhizotonic, CalMag on hand;

Cannazyme shipping. Also using a pH pen and TDS meter.
Here are the girls, after three days. The fourth had zero roots when transplanting; I'm caring for it now, but have little hope (ergo no individual photo was included).
I've been feeding at half-strength, and flushing with plain (pH'ed) water every other time. I've been conservative on amounts, to promote root seek.
Any advice on the apparent health of my plants is appreciated! The Biggest seems droopy, but my eye is untrained.
Thanks!

They are all looking pretty good with exception of Droopy. I suspect droopy will perk up - might consider making a humidity dome out of a clear plastic bag go give her some extra humidity while she tries to adjust.

Looks like nitro deficiancy to me. they all look like they are pretty much going to look like the bad one sooner or later.

You water everyday? I wouldnt add any nutes right now, that loco is loco hot, so just PHd water for 2-3 weeks works best im finding.

and only water like 1/4 cup worth of liquid, on the OUTSIDE of your guess of root ball location. everytime you water, the roots get disturbed, and they dont like that early on. So slooooly pour your water.

spray with mist or water bottle, they like that early on, BUT, watch not to burn them with lights. If you have a Lux meter, aim for 20,000 lux right now.

im still tryin to figure out this cocoloco myself. Seems like it enjoys everyotherday watering, even tho its coco. I have a current experiment running on this.

funfun

Im also going to use PH perfect, in 1 single pot. Im struggling to figure out the proper PH for this stuff. I know for a fact, PH perfect is 5.6, so Ill know almost instantly if it likes it or not.

and, Il never use fab pots again. its absolutely nessasary to NOT move your plant around, because they rootball can get torn off from soil shifting around. If anything, Id probably give a sht to put them in a small pale or something, but then, maybe get mold bewteen the pale and the fab pot.. Just starting using them, but so far, im causious in moving them around. 1 gallons a great size tho, lol..

I've been alternating between weak nutes and water (all pH'ed to 5.7 - 6.0). Been using too much.
The clones came in dirt (ugh).
I was thinking nitro toxicity, maybe. Dark green and clawlike leaves. I'm a newby, and don't want to jump to conclusions.
Thanks! I'm gonna cut back on quantity of water, and eliminate nutes for a few days.

Last night I finally remembered to check the pH and PPM of my run-off. The pH out matched the pH in (5.9) but my PPM is through the roof. The medium is brand new coco loco, with extra perlite added.
My tap water is about 200 PPM (from a well). The run-off was over 2,500! I ran a gallon of plain water through last night and then went to bed. This morning I ran another three gallon through and got it down in the 800-900 range.
Should I keep flushing? Should I flush with nutes? I'm just working on Droopy now - the other two seem fine, plus I'm using a common drain pan so I must work on one at a time for accuracy.
Please advise - I don't wanna burn em, and don't wanna starve em.

Hey DH, whats good bud.

Yeah, that stuff is super hot, so dont add nutes for 3 weeks, or when the leafs are limish in color.

But you dont really want to flush it out either, because there is good stuff in there.

Im watering now every 4 days with the cocoloco, and have a few Im watering daily to see the progress of each.

Yo man, check this out.

These are 14days since shell fell off.

The left, got water once when the seedling was buried, then once YESTERDAY. So, it went 13 days with no water, and didnt skip a beat with the one watered daily. I can also see, better internode spacing, and new node grow ahead of the watered daily. Both centered on my light, getting 250par each.

The plants are quite lanky for their age. What are you using for lights?

When you transplant to the final pot you should probably plant deep (remove the tiny single leaves) and plant in soil up to the bottom of the first set of leaves. I did this recently myself and working well. Marijuana is like a tomato plant and can be buried deep and it will create additional roots along the stem.

Nah, they are cool. This strain is a skyrunner, lol.. Its a bagseed, if that tells ya anything. In 2 weeks it will be 40inches tall, and budding.

These are the final pots they stay in. I love small pots, because I grow 12/12 from start usually, and flush super easy.

I did have them set in deep, I already added backfill to them yesterday.

They are getting around 250 par, which is perfect for seedlings. This same strain did the same thing under Perfect sun spectrum, and much closer. Had to move light everyday.

I liked the stretchyness so much, I crossed a male with my FireOG for seeds, because this strain of FireOG is really short, and I like to scrog, and this FireOG is unscroggable, so Im hoping with the cross, it will strechout more. we'll see, i have looks like 500 freakin seeds..

The meaning of all this is, I dont think Cocoloco needs watered everyday, or even everyother day. Its just waisting nutes and money i think..

We'll know soon enough tho with this test run.

Oh, and im running 300watts of Luminus cxms, and these are 33 inches from lights

Hey DH, whats good bud.

Yeah, that stuff is super hot, so dont add nutes for 3 weeks, or when the leafs are limish in color.

But you dont really want to flush it out either, because there is good stuff in there.

Im watering now every 4 days with the cocoloco, and have a few Im watering daily to see the progress of each.
Flushing revived Droopy! She's a bit lighter colored, but stands tall now, and is growing. Oddly, the other two are just fine without flushing. They all went into the same medium at the same time, and have been cared for the same (save Droopy's flush).
Now to ease into a good feed schedule. They've been in pots for ten days now, and nothing like a schedule has been established.

Hey DH, they look great now, good stuff..

Thought id give u an update on the experiment cocoloco,

these are now 16 days from seed, the 3 watering is winning in growth, althought shorter,

23 days from seed, 12/12

Have found every other day is best for CocoLoco. Can take water daily, AND can take a dryout. Ive settled for everyotherday,..

Back
Top Bottom