First Ever Grow Need Help! DWC

This is what I do also, except I have used Vigaro perlite. Am looking into coco though. What brand are you using these days Penny?
I use whatever is cheapest from amazon, I do flush it well when I hydrate it. No need too use overpriced coco.

Felipe this is what I did with them. What do you think?

Is that a T5 fixture? That’s a great start!
Do you have bluer spectrum (6500) tubes in there?

Once you see leaves, you should lower it to about 3 inches above the tops.

I use whatever is cheapest from amazon, I do flush it well when I hydrate it. No need too use overpriced coco.

Yeah, I understand some of the suppliers soak the coconuts in brackish tidal water, which soaks up a lot of salts. Gotta flush that coco coir until the EC is more reasonable.

Is that a T5 fixture? That’s a great start!
Do you have bluer spectrum (6500) tubes in there?

Once you see leaves, you should lower it to about 3 inches above the tops.
It is a T5 HO fixture not sure if the bulb is blue spectrum or not. Whatever it came with can't find the specs for it.

I will definitely find a way to lower it once I'm seeing leaves.

Thanks!!

We have life!! Looks like I didn't hurt the green crack one to bad after all! Also starting to poke through on the strawberry banana grape!!!

Very excited!

Attachments

• IMG_20191027_190019.jpg
    IMG_20191027_190019.jpg
    604.8 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_20191027_190008.jpg
    IMG_20191027_190008.jpg
    586.7 KB · Views: 47
It looks like you are on the right path now with the ladies showing themselves. I wouldn't worry too much about the little one you bumped. I'm still trying to get thru my first grow myself but one thing I have learned for sure already is that these plants are tough. Their will to live in spite of all the little goofs we have along the way amazes me. It seems that you have some great help here already so I am just going to pull up a chair and see what I can learn while we watch you do your thing. Best of luck on this grow!

So when I got home from work today. Two of the seedlings had roots out the bottom of the jiffy pellet. From all the videos I've watched this is when they transplant them. So I did that to the two that had roots. The third the white widow I will leave in the dome for another 24 hours and then transplant. Got all the water ready for all 3 started at 180ppm added 4ml each of GH micro, gro and bloom and a sprinkle of great white which brought the ppm to 320. As I was going to test and stabilize pH my batteries died so I will run out tonight and get more and then stabilize pH before bed. I know this is probably a little early for transplant but I'm also going away for the weekend coming up and wanted to move them before going away not the day before or day of. Let me know what you think and if I've done it too early. Also I'm going to start using the big lights tonight at 7pm when they are scheduled to come on. I have them 30" from the top of the seedlings is that good? It's a 2000w Aglex and a 1200w philizon with the bloom switches off. Let me know please and thank you!!

Attachments

• IMG_20191028_175136.jpg
    IMG_20191028_175136.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_20191028_174423.jpg
    IMG_20191028_174423.jpg
    833.7 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_20191028_174417.jpg
    IMG_20191028_174417.jpg
    843.2 KB · Views: 45
I'm about to start my first Dwc grow in the next couple of weeks and I'm trying to learn all I can. I'll pull up a chair and learn along with you. :goodluck: With your grow.

Back
Top Bottom