First Ever Grow Need Help! DWC

So the ro system didn't come today. 2 of 3 got Rez changes though. Did half of what gh says for there nutes 4 ml each of micro gro and bloom 2 ml of Cal magic and a sprinkle of orca. In 3 gallons of water for both the green crack and strawberry banana grape. I only had two buckets of water that had been sitting for 24 hours so I will do the white widow tomorrow night. It hopefully the ro system comes tomorrow and I'll do all three over again since my starting ppm out of the tap was already 180. After what I added it was 420-430. Hope this helps them. The roots looked a little brown.

So the ro system didn't come today. 2 of 3 got Rez changes though. Did half of what gh says for there nutes 4 ml each of micro gro and bloom 2 ml of Cal magic and a sprinkle of orca. In 3 gallons of water for both the green crack and strawberry banana grape. I only had two buckets of water that had been sitting for 24 hours so I will do the white widow tomorrow night. It hopefully the ro system comes tomorrow and I'll do all three over again since my starting ppm out of the tap was already 180. After what I added it was 420-430. Hope this helps them. The roots looked a little brown.

I am so visual .. it’s hard to recommend anything without seeing all of your variables . Sounds like a great plan thou!
Hope it works out! :)

Alright all three plants are growing like crazy. Atleast to me. So thought I would give you guys a picture of each. I wondered if the leaves were curling a little bit. But I've told myself I'm just being paranoid and looking for something .....

This ...

plants look ok ? Maybe give them a week to bounce back from any flushing/ water changing / light adjustment ?

ro water will not stablize your ph ...I use ro water exclusively and I still need to ph down during veg and Ph up in bloom.
If your :
humidity
Reserve water temp
Gentle air flow
Adequate light
Water level
Good ph and nutes
You should be golden !
What exactly are your numbers ? Ph ? Tds ? Temps ?( reserve and humidity in tent )
They are about 2 week old right ? I don't usually do any nutes except some z7 and Cali mag ( using ro water) until 2 weeks and then start feeding lightly , unless they become symptomatic ..

Yeah, it might be bicarbonates that are buffering the water. Did you ever try to find a couple of gallons of distilled to mix up a trial rez?

It probably is. I had an issue last year when the city changed something with what they were doing with the ater. I was adding 10ml of ph down per 5 gal and letting it sit agitating it for 24 hours. The ph down would send the ph way down and it will come up and stabilize. After that it would stay pretty much where I set it.

Does this look like root rot to anyone? I think it's just the sediment from the orca powder I put in the Rez collecting on the roots since the plant above is doing perfectly fine. Still has me worried though.

Well after I just typed that I looked at the roots of another and they look bad too so I'll post a picture of that. But what's worse is I'm noticing some spots on her leaves. What do you guys think? Want to catch this before it gets worse!

It does look like after that Rez change last night that they may be growing some new roots.

Attachments

• IMG_20191109_080725.jpg
    IMG_20191109_080725.jpg
    549 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20191109_081113.jpg
    IMG_20191109_081113.jpg
    776.8 KB · Views: 41
  • MVIMG_20191109_081022.jpg
    MVIMG_20191109_081022.jpg
    503.3 KB · Views: 27
It probably is. I had an issue last year when the city changed something with what they were doing with the ater. I was adding 10ml of ph down per 5 gal and letting it sit agitating it for 24 hours. The ph down would send the ph way down and it will come up and stabilize. After that it would stay pretty much where I set it.

Very typical reaction. You can try to overcome the bicarbonate buffering with pH down, but it’s usually easier/better to just go with RO or distilled.

Does this look like root rot to anyone? I think it's just the sediment from the orca powder I put in the Rez collecting on the roots since the plant above is doing perfectly fine. Still has me worried though.

Well after I just typed that I looked at the roots of another and they look bad too so I'll post a picture of that. But what's worse is I'm noticing some spots on her leaves. What do you guys think? Want to catch this before it gets worse!

It does look like after that Rez change last night that they may be growing some new roots.

Roots shouldn’t be brown, but I have no experience with Orca.
It’s hard for me to see what’s going on with the leaves. Can you post a photo in natural light?

Back
Top Bottom