First Ever Grow - Soil - 8 Ball Kush & Cheese Journal - 2016

JollyPotta

Hi everyone! So I'm starting my very first grow in a few days! (very excited :))

Bucket Size - 3 gallon
Medium - Canna nute soil
Lights - 600w HPS
Nutrients - biobizz grow, flower and topmax
Strain(s) - (5) 8 ball kush and one free cheese seed!
no of Plants: 6
Yield : A lot I hope! :thumb:

So I bought a grow kit ebay jobby which consists of a 600W HPS, extractor fan and carbon filter. Pretty standard! I also purchased a little cooling fan. In addition I also purchased biobizz grow/bloom and topmax, PH up and down/tester, pots etc etc!

So I think I'm ready to go!

I've been thinking about doing one for awhile but have put it off due to living in the UK, and the general consensus of the 'sheeple' being that cannabis is a bane on society! But fuck um man!

Oh and my seeds of choice were 5 8 ball kush seeds and I have a free 'cheese' seed! I've read a kush journal on here which made me all the more excited!

So yeh, I'll attempt to start a journal when the little beauts pop their heads up! Just to reiterate I'm an absolute noob, I've never grown anything at all! Anything!

I'll post a pic of my Tent/setup ASAP

Help is welcome, very welcome!

Thanks,
Tom

re: First Ever Grow - Soil - 8 Ball Kush & Cheese Journal - 2016

I've been doing a lot of staring at my tent :rollingeyes:, followed by reading journals. I think this is the best site I've found so far for help. Videos I've watched on youtube differ so much from one to the other, I guess everyone has different methods and theories! I guess I'll just have to give it a whirl and see how it goes!

re: First Ever Grow - Soil - 8 Ball Kush & Cheese Journal - 2016

How did your first grow go?
Great! Search nismo12's first grow and nismo12s 2nd grow. Then we have a journal going together. Look up: welcome all my friends to the show that never ends. The first grow.is ready to harvest. The 2nd grow is 6 weeks into veg, propetual journal has clones and seedlings. All good reads.

Just a quick one, on my biobizz nute chart it says to use 'bloom' nutes as well as the 'grow' nutes whilst still in vegatation stage. Most 'how to guides' I've noticed only use the one 'grow' whilst in veg? Also is it wise to use only half the stated dose and work my way up? Obviously I'm not using them now (just in case you thought I was feeding my seedlings) :thumb:

Hiya. I'm here to watch the grass grow. I have no experience with canna soils. The Biobizz soil is buffered to a ph6.6 so ph adjustments are not needed as the soil will correct itself to the correct ph level. This is why I use it. I don't feed bloom in veg just 1ml per liter of grow food and calmag as I use leds.
I wish you the best of luck. Anything I can do to help just shout. :passitleft:

Hiya. I'm here to watch the grass grow. I have no experience with canna soils. The Biobizz soil is buffered to a ph. 6 so ph adjustments are not needed as the soil will correct itself to the correct ph level. This is why I use it. I don't feed bloom in veg just 1ml per liter of grow food and calmag as I use leds.
I wish you the best of luck. Anything I can do to help just shout. :passitleft:
Yeh I'll do a bit of reading on it, ive got some time as I'm using plugs to start off with. I'll probably just get the bio soil if my local hydro shop has it! I want to keep things as simple as possible

Sent from my SM-G900F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

wow uploading was a pain!

So here is my starter tent as promised, the other pic is how I'm venting into the chimney breast! I've still got my temp gauge to go in and I'm waiting on the arrival of my clip on fan!

Will I need another fan do you think? Anything else that I will need to help out my plants?

20160506_155056.jpg
20160506_155046.jpg

Looking good so far, if your itching to do something if haven't yet get everything running and make any adjustments now before the plants are in the way.

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using 420

I am itching but I've already made some adjustments, I had the filter/fan on a ratchet cord but I replaced them with cable ties and left a couple of straps on in case they fail. I also moved all the wiring around to make it a little neater.

Do you think my seedlings will be ok under my light if I leave it that high? I've replaced the new bulb with a bulb of my friends which has done a couple of grows so it shouldn't be too powerful.

:thanks:

So today I purchased some biobizz all mix ready for my pups when they need it.

I've been running my setup to see what kind of temp it gets to inside my tent, I'm abit wary because it seems to be getting up to 30+ Celsius, it is a hot day here in the UK but I'm still worried. Should I purchase a better extraction fan? Advise please!

Sent from my SM-G900F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

hey man! while reading your journal i saw that heating problem right away and at the last post you confirmed it (i have the same problem) if you can buy another, more powerful extractor that will solve it mostly... I also recommend you to get some small 6 inch fans (about 10 us dllrs each)
i actually use 1 of those fans, ducttape the shit out of it and use it as an extractor fan. But the actual purpose will be to keep the air moving inside.
During veg you can keep your tent open and the heat should be under control, the issue comes when you induce flowering, because you need to have the tent closed for when the light go out (if you are not home to do it yourself). So... yeah, Im almost about to harvest and still have the heat problem, they are still turning just fine, but if you can solve it now, you will have a lot less to worry about. If you have the cash, fix it, if not, try being there to close the tent yourself when the light go out during the flowering period. While the lights are off the heat shouldnt be a problem, just be sure to open the tent again, when the lights get back on.

Back
Top Bottom